Cimarex Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.0

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Midland, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial screening - very informal. Find out about company and them about you. Actual interview had a panel - construction, facilities, and operations members - that asked some basic questions but no format. Easy format but have no idea of the outcome.

Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Odessa, TX).

Interview

3 people interviewed me asked me a bunch of questions including questions about the oil field. They also asked me how I would work well with arrogant men and if I could be a tough lady in the office. I also was asked about my computer efficiency skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation with a stubborn Foreman?   Answer Question

Drilling Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy.

Interview

Asked questions about schoolwork, past work experience, and other general experiences and hobbies, etc. We talked about what I expected during the internship and anything specific I wanted to accomplish.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy.

Interview

Interview was very low-key. We basically discussed career plans over lunch, and got to know each other better.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were sensible, and none were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was substantially more than I expected, so no negotiation was necessary.

Financial Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Tulsa, OK) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by management in Tulsa with no idea about the position!

Interview Questions

• Literally no questions - they didn't understand the role at all...."Tell us about yourself"   1 Answer

Pumper II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Midland, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Asked about prior experience operating leases and wells. Was also told responsibilities and areas of work. Work schedule and specifics of the job were also included. It was several days later and they offered me a position with the company and started soon thereafter. Interview was quick and painless and a pleasure to do.

Interview Questions

• How long I had operated wells and leases and who I worked for   Answer Question

Drilling and Completions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2012.

Interview

Easy and non stressful. They contacted me by phone and set up a meeting place the was convenient for me. We interviewed one time only for the position and then I received another phone call with a job offer. It was a pleasant experience

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Tulsa, OK) in January 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of 4 people. Regardless of the pressure they all seemed to be pretty relaxed and friendly. They did ask complicated questions to answer. Someone with a nervous personality would suffer, but just keep your head cool and it's all right. I think they appreciated the good attitude more than anything.

Senior Geologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Tulsa, OK) in January 2011.

Interview

Contacted by VP Exploration and interviewed in Houston. Trip to Tulsa to interview with numerous professionals and the Chief Geologist. Dinner with VP Exploration and my wife to talk about moving to Tulsa.

Negotiation

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cimarex Energy (Tulsa, OK) in July 2008.

Interview

The interviewer phone me to set up the time and date for the interviewer.

When I arrived at the company, I reported to the receptionist, who informed the interviewer of my arrival. After being greeted by the main interviewer, she then introduced me to her manager. The manager and I had a lengthy discussion. He explained how the company was organized and discussed the culture of the company. He explained how his company handled things differently vs. a larger corporation. We discussed the benefits package his company offers.

After our discussion, I met with the main interviewer. She had a lot of questions about my work history and my specific duties. She explained what the position entailed that I was interviewing for. She discussed the position's monthly schedule, explaining things such as when I would be busiest, the expected overtime, the work environment, etc.

The interviewer told me how many people she was interviewing for the position and the fact that other employees within the company were vying for the psition as well.

Between my discussion with the manager and the interviewer, my interview lasted 2 and a half hours.

The interviewer telephoned me within a week of my interview to inform me that I was not selected for the position and that she had selected someone from within the company to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• The position has a very busy time when you will re required to work overtime to meet deadlines. There will be a period of downtime each month where you will have to find things to do. Do you think you will be a good fit for the position considering the nature of the work schedule/   1 Answer