Cincinnati Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.5

Field Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

met with claims manager in my area, recommended for interview and set up immediately. met with hiring rep, about a 2 hour interview. 3+ weeks later and still hoping for a positive answer.
    they were very nice to work with and very good about responding when I followed up....

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years....   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview started with an HR person -- some basic questions that you get in every interview like describing a time when you confronted a challenge, etc. They had me take a Wonderlic test next, which was interesting. The last part of the interview was with my potential manager and his boss, and was a bit more focused on the position rather than just general questions. However, the nature of the industry is that you learn a lot on the job -- you can't major in insurance in college any more -- so they weren't too tough on knowledge of the actual job. Just have some idea of what the department you're interviewing for does and you'll be fine.

After the interview, I was told the timeline that they were working on, but it was kind of radio silence for a while. I didn't really get contacted until I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a manager or other superior. What was the disagreement? What did you do?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Interview

First, the IT recruiter contacted me by phone and we spoke about my resume and experience. Next, and HR interview was scheduled. Following the HR interview, I met with an IT manager for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Would I be open to taking classes about insurance   1 Answer

Surety Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the headquarters in Fairfield, OH. The process took about 6 weeks from submission of the online application to receipt of an offer. After I submitted my application and resume online, I was contacted to schedule an interview, which took about 3 hours in total. The interview consisted of a Wonderlic test, HR personality interview, and an interview with my potential direct manager and department head about the specific position. Overall, the HR interview was very standard and the job-specific interview was more informational and conversational than anything. Essentially just asked about my comfort level and experience in the base skills applicable to the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with management in a prior position or other context. How did you handle this?   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Westfield, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received an email with a link to a personality test. Weeks after that was completed, I was called in for an interview. The interview began with an IQ test. After that, I met with 3 different branch managers and HR reps. The interviews were repetitive and consisted of behavioral questions.The HR rep told me that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. After 8 weeks had past with no news, I decided to walk away from the possibility of a job there. I was extremely disappointed in the way that the company chose to handle my application and interview process, and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Before meeting the interviewers, you are taken into a room to take the Wonderlic test (50 questions/12 mins.)

After the Wonderlic test, I met with an HR representative to see if you were a good fit for the company. This interview was very casual, pretty much just seeing if your personality fits in with the environment. They also go over some of the benefits during this time.

Next, I interviewed with the Territory Manager. This was probably the most important part of the whole interview process. This was a very in depth conversation about the company, it's future, how you would fit in, questions about your life, your future, etc. If this person doesn't like you, you probably won't get the job.

Lastly, I met with the Underwriter Manager. This last interview went pretty quickly and consisted of more typical interview questions. They asked to name a time I was challenged and how it was handled, a time you had to think quickly, decision making skills, etc. As mentioned before, I believe the Territory manager who interviewed before the Underwriter manager had the most pull so this last interview is more to just get a second opinion.

The entire interviewing process took about 1.5 - 2 hours.

I got a call with an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an important quick decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My original offer was much higher than the expected starting rate, I tried to negotiate with a counter offer of 5-8% higher, but their offer was firm. I was more than happy with my original offer and thought it was very fair but doesn't hurt to ask!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied online. The HR recruiting manager called me a couple of days later. I was asked and took two online tests/examination. One was about project management and the other was personality. The HR recruiting manager called me a couple of days later to schedule an onsite interview. I interviewed with 2 of my potential peers and passed the first round of interview. I was then scheduled for the second round of interviews a couple of days later. I interviewed with the 2 hiring managers and the company offered me the job a few days later. Negotiation occurred and I accepted the position. The entire process from application to offer acceptance took 2 weeks and 1 day. Amazing process. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult project that did not go according to plan?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after application I was scheduled for an interview. Interview took roughly an hour and a half. Followed up with HR at least two times afterwards. Received call three weeks after interview with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

N/A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Good process and said exactly what they are looking for in a person. You do have to take a personality test if they like you. Mainly looking for self-motivated individuals who can time manage themselves.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to live?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

I didn't know I was being interviewed - I just chatted with a representative at the career fair about the state of the tech industry. It seemed more like he was giving me career advice - "These are the sort of things that you will need to know to get ahead in the tech industry." etc. He also emphasized that this company is very conservative and not at the cutting edge.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages are you proficient in?   1 Answer