Cincinnati Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cincinnati Financial Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.5

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial.

Interview

I sent them a resume, and they contacted me soon after. First I took a math test and then had about 4 separate interviews - first with HR, then a few different people from the actuary department and the IT department. Heard back a week later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting a timed math test at the beginning of the interview day.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Really bad experience for this position. It is a bait and switch. You apply for one thing and come out doing something totally different than what you apply for.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with other people   1 Answer

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in January. The interview started with taking a timed test and then meeting with two hiring managers. I was interviewed by one young man who kept saying they weren't looking for experience. He also kept saying " how competitive this position was and how they were going to interview many people for these positions". I waited seven weeks for a decline notice and then the next day saw a new posting for another trainee course in May. These were for the same positions! Either this is very high turnover or they just love to interview people.
     My impression is very negative as I believe they are a "boys club" looking for young people to hire who have no experience. I hope the nine women who have a lawsuit against the male dominance in this company succeed as I see discrimination here at its finest. If you are older and more specifically older female this is not the place to apply. I knew when I walked out of the interview that I wouldn't be hired. The interview was not based on experience or aptitude. The young male hiring manager on the way out made a comment about people being " dime a dozen" since so many people were out of work now. He said he started out of college and worked his way up. I hope when this company fires him down the road due to his age that he realizes how he treated people in the past!

Interview Questions

• None.. If you are young and talk ball games and vacations you will be hired. Don't sell your experience as it is not valued in this company.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not bad at all. I applied online and received an email to set up a time to come in within a few weeks. When I came in for the interview, everybody was very nice. I had 4 very behavioral interviews with various departments. After I was finished, I was called about a week later with an offer to join any of the 4 departments depending on my choice. I chose the one that I wanted, and started about 3 months later.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I had a phone interview with one of the resource managers. Very nice guy. Questions were easy and non-technical. Only was asked 3 questions and then was extended an offer on the spot.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I obtained a connection through my university and from there got in touch with HR. They were quick to set up an interview at their headquarters. I interviewed with HR as well as staff in the department I was interested in working in. I did not have to fill out any formal application and the interview was very easy. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I received an offer an hour after I left.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Desktop Support Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, Hamilton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Forest Park, Hamilton, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, also emailed their recruitment office. Was a very simplistic and straight forward interview. Sat down 1:1 in a small room, and answered some questions. I also gave some of my personal information on the spot and they were already planning to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe some of your strength's and why you think you would fit in here.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online after being approached by a recruiter during an on-campus job fair in mid September. In early October I was asked to schedule an interview for late October. The company initially wanted me to do an in-person interview, but allowed me to do a WebEx interview since I am a student and couldn't make it to their office. Interview was easy and consisted entirely of behavioral questions. Exactly 2 weeks after the interview (almost to the minute, in fact) the company extended the offer, which I accepted. Drug test and background check are required after accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your approach to programming that sets you apart from your classmates?   Answer Question
    • If you're working on a team and one team member isn't pulling his or her weight, what do you do?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH).

Interview

Initially applied after finding the job listed on one of the typical job board websites that everyone searches. After submitting an application I was asked to do an assessment test based on work situations (typical behavioral stuff). They called me a week or so later and we set up an in person interview at their HQ in Fairfield.

The interviews themselves weren't hard necessarily, but they can tell if you are right for them. I ended up talking with them in actual conversation, as well as answering some of the normal situational/describe yourself questions.

Only reason my process took long was because I ended up getting referred for another trainee position in addition to the one for which I had originally interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected part was when I went in to interview personally at HQ in Fairfield. After I filled out a couple forms I got brought into a room and was told I would be taking the Wonderlic Test (aka- the test that football players take in the draft). Its a popular intelligence gauge, but it was definitely unexpected (and pretty cool)!   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were up-front about the pay and benefits and expectations, so it was not a negotiable sort of position. That seems to be fairly typical with these trainee positions though.

HQ Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Interviewed with two different teams to determine which team would best suit me. All behavioral type question. The process took around two months all and all. Afterwards I met with a HR staff member who described the summer internship role and we talked more about the company in general. It was a very positive experience and I would highly recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question