Cincinnati Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.5

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Interview

First, the IT recruiter contacted me by phone and we spoke about my resume and experience. Next, and HR interview was scheduled. Following the HR interview, I met with an IT manager for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Would I be open to taking classes about insurance   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

Really bad experience for this position. It is a bait and switch. You apply for one thing and come out doing something totally different than what you apply for.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with other people   1 Answer

Surety Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the headquarters in Fairfield, OH. The process took about 6 weeks from submission of the online application to receipt of an offer. After I submitted my application and resume online, I was contacted to schedule an interview, which took about 3 hours in total. The interview consisted of a Wonderlic test, HR personality interview, and an interview with my potential direct manager and department head about the specific position. Overall, the HR interview was very standard and the job-specific interview was more informational and conversational than anything. Essentially just asked about my comfort level and experience in the base skills applicable to the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with management in a prior position or other context. How did you handle this?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Very basic interview. Seemed like they were just looking for warm bodies. Never even met the hiring manager. It became clear that they weren't interested in people with experience. More interested in what you looked like.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online after being approached by a recruiter during an on-campus job fair in mid September. In early October I was asked to schedule an interview for late October. The company initially wanted me to do an in-person interview, but allowed me to do a WebEx interview since I am a student and couldn't make it to their office. Interview was easy and consisted entirely of behavioral questions. Exactly 2 weeks after the interview (almost to the minute, in fact) the company extended the offer, which I accepted. Drug test and background check are required after accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your approach to programming that sets you apart from your classmates?   Answer Question
    • If you're working on a team and one team member isn't pulling his or her weight, what do you do?   Answer Question

HQ Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Interviewed with two different teams to determine which team would best suit me. All behavioral type question. The process took around two months all and all. Afterwards I met with a HR staff member who described the summer internship role and we talked more about the company in general. It was a very positive experience and I would highly recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Field Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

met with claims manager in my area, recommended for interview and set up immediately. met with hiring rep, about a 2 hour interview. 3+ weeks later and still hoping for a positive answer.
    they were very nice to work with and very good about responding when I followed up....

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years....   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Westfield, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received an email with a link to a personality test. Weeks after that was completed, I was called in for an interview. The interview began with an IQ test. After that, I met with 3 different branch managers and HR reps. The interviews were repetitive and consisted of behavioral questions.The HR rep told me that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks. After 8 weeks had past with no news, I decided to walk away from the possibility of a job there. I was extremely disappointed in the way that the company chose to handle my application and interview process, and would not recommend this company to anyone.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

Before meeting the interviewers, you are taken into a room to take the Wonderlic test (50 questions/12 mins.)

After the Wonderlic test, I met with an HR representative to see if you were a good fit for the company. This interview was very casual, pretty much just seeing if your personality fits in with the environment. They also go over some of the benefits during this time.

Next, I interviewed with the Territory Manager. This was probably the most important part of the whole interview process. This was a very in depth conversation about the company, it's future, how you would fit in, questions about your life, your future, etc. If this person doesn't like you, you probably won't get the job.

Lastly, I met with the Underwriter Manager. This last interview went pretty quickly and consisted of more typical interview questions. They asked to name a time I was challenged and how it was handled, a time you had to think quickly, decision making skills, etc. As mentioned before, I believe the Territory manager who interviewed before the Underwriter manager had the most pull so this last interview is more to just get a second opinion.

The entire interviewing process took about 1.5 - 2 hours.

I got a call with an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an important quick decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My original offer was much higher than the expected starting rate, I tried to negotiate with a counter offer of 5-8% higher, but their offer was firm. I was more than happy with my original offer and thought it was very fair but doesn't hurt to ask!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cincinnati Financial (Fairfield, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and applied online. The HR recruiting manager called me a couple of days later. I was asked and took two online tests/examination. One was about project management and the other was personality. The HR recruiting manager called me a couple of days later to schedule an onsite interview. I interviewed with 2 of my potential peers and passed the first round of interview. I was then scheduled for the second round of interviews a couple of days later. I interviewed with the 2 hiring managers and the company offered me the job a few days later. Negotiation occurred and I accepted the position. The entire process from application to offer acceptance took 2 weeks and 1 day. Amazing process. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult project that did not go according to plan?   Answer Question