Cinemark Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

1.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Houston, TX).

Interview

all she asked me was what i liked to do, hobby wise, and why i wanted the job. it was fairly easy and got hired the next day. they are very poor with training but if your coworkers are nice you'll get the hang of it in no time. the person who interview me honestly did not seem to really care at all she was just like alright well that's all the information i need from you, you should be receiving a call shortly and afterwards you should check your email for any cinemark based messages.

Interview Questions

• what do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cinemark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cinemark (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time position in January 2017. I didn't receive a call until April 2017 and was asked if I could come in for an interview the following week. I showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The interview was very casual, in that the interviewer didn't have the resume from my application, and she decided not to use the Cinemark-provided list of interview questions.
      I was asked very simple questions- do you have reliable transportation; can you work holidays; which position would you prefer; can you work until 2am most nights; do you have any hobbies that would change your availability, etc. I honestly feel I nailed this interview. My schedule is as flexible as can be and I'm willing to do whatever they throw at me. At the end of the interview we shake hands and she said I would receive a call for orientation, which would most likely be that Wednesday (2 days away) or Saturday (5 days away).
      It's now Friday and I haven't received a call. So I call, and was told no hiring managers are "in" so I left a message and was told I'd get a call back.
      It's now Monday, one week from my interview and 2 days after the orientation I was told about, and still nothing. So again I call. The man at the box office said I had the job and I had to wait but he'd get me a manager anyways. The manager, who I'm certain was my interviewer, said there are no positions available. No further explanation was provided. I wasn't even told I'd get a call should something change.
      I'm stunned at how this was handled. I wasted a week waiting for a call that never came for a job I apparently never had when I could have continued job hunting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous related work experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Napa, CA).

Interview

I applied in-person. Got an interview within a week of applying. The interview took about 30 minutes or less. Told me details of the position I applied for and asked about my availability. Hired on the spot for the position I applied for, I accepted. After, signed a few papers about background information and left. It was an easy and relaxed interview. The process took 2 weeks.

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cinemark.

Interview

Questionnaire with the head manager of the Asheboro Cinemark branch. He is very kind and understanding. Be professional, he will want to see that you can think on your feet and speak in front of people. The absolute best way to get a job there is to get an employee referral. I was in luck because I went to high school and was friends with most the employees that worked there. It's mostly high school aged employees on the front lines, managers are a little older.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Really simple, just went over & sat down at a bench in the theater lobby and started in with questions on availability and transportation, then asked if I was comfortable with the job duties (cleaning, some concession work, some handling of money...), then did some generic interview questions after asking why I wanted the job. I filled out some paperwork and was told I'd get a call by 8:00 that night with their decision and it came just a couple hours after my interview. They didn't ask what my favorite movie was though, and I thought that would've come up for sure!

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies/interests?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is your greatest attribute?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and the way you went about correcting it and managing the situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me (the interviewer/supervisor)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Cedar City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

I got hired on the spot but basically my manager took me into an empty office and asked for my drivers license and social security card. I signed a couple of papers and then I was told that my orientation is the following Monday (I was interviewed on a Thursday).

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cinemark in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I printed/filled out the application then turned it into a manager. He noted that I had "great availability" and told me to wait for a call. Three days later the same manager called and we scheduled for an interview the next day. The interview itself was very laid-back. Afterwards, I was asked to sign to consent in a background check. I got a call 8 days later confirming that I got the job and asking me to fill out more paperwork. I start in a few days and I'm so excited! All of the managers I spoke with throughout the process were super nice/cool. Seems like a chill work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.
      Why do you want to work at the movies?
      What are your favorite movies?
      So what do you want to do with your life?
      Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Akron, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

I came in early, dressed up in what may be expected at a church. It was a quick an hour interview, practically allowing the employer know you're not anti-social. There was also some play-money enchantment to ensure you're slightly inclined with money.

Interview Questions

• If I give you this much, how much do you owe me in exchange? -Gives $22.23
      The total price of the meal was $15.75
      What's your favorite hobbies?
      Why'd you choose Cinemark?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The employer asked what I'd settle for. I said $8.50 and the employer said not happening. All employees have to start at minimum wage and progress with the yearly 25 cent raise.

Usher/Concessesions/Box Office Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark in December 2014.

Interview

I went online originally to fill out an application. The instructions online said to take the application to the location we were applying to (there was no online application available.) When I dropped off the application, the employee said that someone would be calling me within a week. Two weeks later, I got a call asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very simple (tell me about yourself, do you think you can meet the job requirements, do you mind cleaning/breaking a sweat, can you fulfill dress code requirements, ect.), and took about 20 minutes. At the end, the managers told me that they would call me at the end of the day if I got a job. That evening, I received an offer, and was instructed to come in to fill out the final paperwork and make copies of my identification.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of Customer Service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. Actually, they have yet to tell me how much I am making. However, I have friends who work at this location and have told me that starting is minimum wage, so I am assuming that to be true.

Anonymous Employee in Dow, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Dow, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was super easy, I applied on indeed.com, they called me in for an interview for the next day i went and i got hired right away everything was easy and fun.