Cinemark Usher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

1.7

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

i applied online, a week later received a phone call to come in. talking to two ladies, interview went well, got an email the next day at 4:02 in the morning saying i didnt get the job, but apply for other positions. when talking the ladies, they make you feel like you got the job, but now it was just a front, saying you didnt get the job. i believe i was judged before they even interviewed me

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Houston, TX).

Interview

all she asked me was what i liked to do, hobby wise, and why i wanted the job. it was fairly easy and got hired the next day. they are very poor with training but if your coworkers are nice you'll get the hang of it in no time. the person who interview me honestly did not seem to really care at all she was just like alright well that's all the information i need from you, you should be receiving a call shortly and afterwards you should check your email for any cinemark based messages.

Interview Questions

• what do you like to do in your free time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cinemark (Rochester, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for a part-time position in January 2017. I didn't receive a call until April 2017 and was asked if I could come in for an interview the following week. I showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The interview was very casual, in that the interviewer didn't have the resume from my application, and she decided not to use the Cinemark-provided list of interview questions.
      I was asked very simple questions- do you have reliable transportation; can you work holidays; which position would you prefer; can you work until 2am most nights; do you have any hobbies that would change your availability, etc. I honestly feel I nailed this interview. My schedule is as flexible as can be and I'm willing to do whatever they throw at me. At the end of the interview we shake hands and she said I would receive a call for orientation, which would most likely be that Wednesday (2 days away) or Saturday (5 days away).
      It's now Friday and I haven't received a call. So I call, and was told no hiring managers are "in" so I left a message and was told I'd get a call back.
      It's now Monday, one week from my interview and 2 days after the orientation I was told about, and still nothing. So again I call. The man at the box office said I had the job and I had to wait but he'd get me a manager anyways. The manager, who I'm certain was my interviewer, said there are no positions available. No further explanation was provided. I wasn't even told I'd get a call should something change.
      I'm stunned at how this was handled. I wasted a week waiting for a call that never came for a job I apparently never had when I could have continued job hunting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous related work experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Orem, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very easy, at least for me. She discussed the job like i already got it. I was very scared at first, but she was a great interviewer. I hope others go just as smoothly as mine did.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would like to get out of this job?   Answer Question

Usher/Concessions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cinemark (Vallejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick and straightforward, it's a 1 on 1 interview. The hiring manager greeted me kindly and took me to a private room to talk. He was really nice and got the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Napa, CA).

Interview

I applied in-person. Got an interview within a week of applying. The interview took about 30 minutes or less. Told me details of the position I applied for and asked about my availability. Hired on the spot for the position I applied for, I accepted. After, signed a few papers about background information and left. It was an easy and relaxed interview. The process took 2 weeks.

Usher Interview

Interview

During my first interview the manager I met with was young, very cold and distant, and seemed to take his job way too seriously. He asked standard questions and seemed to judge every answer I gave him. The process was about 15 minutes. I was called back for a second interview two days later in which I met with the department manager who seemed much more friendly and social. He also asked standard questions and then I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark (Palmdale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty average interview, came in and they handed me a paper about the position. I read it and a bit later a woman came out and got me. They asked a few questions. I thought it went pretty well, the ladies I interviewed with made it sound like they would be calling me, however, they didn't. Which I felt was really unprofessional of them.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would make you shine above the rest of your co-workers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cinemark (Friendswood, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They told me what job I would be doing and gave the details of the job. They then asked to make sure I was okay to do this job and that my availability was correct. Then I filled out a piece of paper with general information on it and was told to come back the next day. They never actually told me I had the job, just to come back to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to do this job?   1 Answer

Usher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cinemark in June 2016.

Interview

I gave my application in person. They called back people that had open availability for the summer. They called me a week and a half later for a group interview. There were 10 people in the group interview because 2 didn't show up. The General manager asked the questions and two other managers mostly observed. It was very casual and the GM was really cool, friendly and funny. It wasn't a typical interview as in they didn't ask typical interview questions, not as in what's your favorite movie but more like they asked based on whatever information you provided after the initial introductions. Also had a paper test with simple math questions. He said to wait 2 days by 10pm and if you don't get a call to not be discouraged because they were only hiring few of many. I got a call 8:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your name, the last place you worked, and something interesting about yourself.   Answer Question