Cintas Sales Representative - Facility Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

3.1

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

The interview process is not necessarily long, but there are many parts to their process. The process for me was about two weeks total. You start with an initial phone screening. If you make it past the phone screening, then you meet with the sales manager in your area. This interview is read from a paper, but the questions are all based on situational past experiences. It is important to ask for feedback at the end of the interview to cover any more concerns they might have about you. If that interview goes well, you will be asked to go on a ride along with one of their top performers. It is important to get involved during the ride along like asking to make some cold calls to show you can handle some of the requirements for the job. It is also important to ask the rep you are riding with many questions about the position to show that you are interested and so you get an idea of what you'll actually be doing if you get hired. If your ride along goes well, the next step is to meet with the director of sales. If you do not have B2B experience, you will be told no for the position. They want someone they know they can count on and who has proven results. After that you meet with the VP of Sales, HR Manager, etc.. Even if you make it to the last step, it does not mean the job is yours. Cintas is very selective of who they hire, as they are looking for people who want a career not just someone to stick around for a year. The job also has the potential to make six figures, so they aren't just going to hire anyone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly long. There were 5 facets of my interview. Three in person, one ride along (all day), and one phone interview. Weeks would pass in between the interviews. The final interview was with two in management and I'll admit I didn't do my best, but the questions were very long winded and it just abruptly ended. They did pay for the day long ride along. All the management seemed great, they have a very strong group. I didn't get the offer, but I'm not sure if I would've taken it by the end of the process. It was so long, my excitement waned and that probably played a role in my final interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions based on your work experiences...I.e tell me about a time__   Answer Question

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by the local sales manager on LinkedIn and was asked if I was interested. I was confused because the position was advertised as a uniform sales representative but I was informed it was for a facility services sales representative position. After applying on their website I was contacted by human resources for a phone interview. It was mostly a walk me through your resume and some STAR format questions. A few days after the phone interview I was asked to schedule an in person interview with the sales manager. The interview was pretty casual and very helpful with a lot of questions and answers on both sides so I knew the expectations of the job. After that a ride along was to be scheduled but due to scheduling conflicts I interviewed with the regional director of sales first. I had to drive three hours to interview with the director of sales and would have had to fly to Cincinnati for a final interview before getting an offer. It was evident after the interview with the director of sales that it was not going to be a good fit for either of us. The process was fairly quick as I went from applying to interviewing with the director of sales in three weeks

Anonymous Employee in Douglass Hills, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Douglass Hills, KY).

Interview

A total of four interviews and ride along. Very lengthy process, seems they want to get the right people. I've passed two interviews and went on the ride along, waiting on the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions read of a piece of paper. Tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cintas (Saint Augustine, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was for 30 minutes. The Corporate Recruiter was extremely nice and asked questions in regards to my past sale experiences. My next interview is with the Sales Manager. I was told the interviewing process is a lengthy process between 3-4 interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cintas (South Bend, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Very grueling. First you have a phone interview with the recruiter. Then you have an in-person interview with the office Sales Manager. If that goes well you have an in the field training day with a top performing rep. Then you have an interview with the Director of Sales for the division. If that goes well you have your 5th and final interview with the VP of Sales. However I have a job and I had to drive all over for these interviews. Literally all in I spent 3 work vacation days and 9 hours driving too and from the locations of this interview. Just to not make it to the final with no feedback from the recruiter.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Kennesaw, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took a bit longer than expected, but is understandable. The company is in the business of partnering with their new hires so they want to insure that they are bringing on the right people at any cost.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you may have faced while in a meeting with a potential client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vidalia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Vidalia, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Typical questions. Waiting for call back for face to face interview. Only been 1 week since phone interview. Why do you want this job? Greatest achievement. How you achieved goals.

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas in February 2016.

Interview

Long with multiple people involved. Had four interviews, including a ride along. Had all positive experiences and feedback until last interview. Last District Manager to interview me apparently did not interview. Was removed from process.

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (West Chester, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Cintas recruiter who saw my resume online and asked me if I would be interested in the position. She was very nice and informative about the position. After our phone interview she scheduled an interview with what would be my direct manager. Also a great experience. The interview was very laid back and the manager was very nice and informative. From there a ride-along was scheduled with one of the top reps she was great to ride with for the day. Then another interview was scheduled with the manager for the other team they work side by side with. He was also great! He had recently been promoted to a director role but they wanted me to meet with him since his replacement had not yet been decided. From there I had an interview with the VP of sales who was wonderful. Then I waited almost a week before I heard anything. They scheduled another interview with the person who had taken over for the director. He was awesome as well and told me he wanted to hire me. So 5 actual interviews and a ride-along and I was offered the job. Overall a great experience (but yes a long process) and everyone I met just made me feel more confident about going to work for Cintas! What a great culture and great people!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to negotiate a contract with a new account   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a bridge to cover me until I start making commission because I am coming from a position that offers a much higher base. I also negotiated the car allowance to start day one since I would be returning my company car and purchasing a car