Cintas Sales Representative - Uniform Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cintas Sales Representative - Uniform Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (New York, NY).

Interview

I was referred to cintas by one of their current sales reps. I interviewed with 5 different people at cintas and even did a ride along with one of their sales reps for half a day. Upon completion of my 5th interview, which happened to be with the director of sales for half of the country, I was told an offer was coming. Furthermore the hiring manager with whom I'd interviewed with and had been my point of contact, confirmed an offer was coming. From that point on I was not called, emailed, no letter in the mail, to discuss why I did not get an offer. I followed up 3 times by phone and email with the hiring manager, the same person that was very attentive during the process, and he ignored all of my communication. This was the most unprofessional and inconsiderate waste of my time I've ever been a part of. All I was looking for is an answer as to what was going on but he was too cowardly to speak to me after saying an offer was coming. Their loss, not mine. I would absolutely never want to work for or do business with cintas.

Interview Questions

• What type of sales experience did I have   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Uniform Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas in October 2016.

Interview

In total I did 8 interviews for this position. I was told by two different partners in management that if I got to the final interview, I had the job and it was just a meet and greet. I invested multiple hours as well as a full day ride along and a trip at my own expense to go to Cincinnati over the course of the 8 interviews. I was never given any negative feedback. In fact, I had overwhelmingly glowing feedback throughout the entire process. I finished the final interview and was told I would be contacted in 24 hours. I followed up after I heard nothing and was told a partner in the hiring process was out of the office but I would be followed up with the following day. Nothing. I followed up on the following day by reaching out to VP. I was then contacted a few hours later with a simple "We will not be offering you the position" I was shocked. I reached back out to the VP who did take my call. Once again I was told I was a flawless candidate but they choose someone with industry experience. Why I was moved through this long process when I had no chance to get the position is unbelievably frustrating. I was also asked extensive questions about my personal life which were not relevant to the position. Be very careful when considering Cintas. I feel I was deceived and strung along at great personal expense.

Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas (Puyallup, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Overall the process was fairly quick. A recruiter found me on Linkedin. Interviewed with the recruiter on a Monday, hiring manager on Thursday, GM and a fellow Sales Manager, as well as a field ride along the following Wednesday, Director Thursday and Final with the VP Friday. Offered Friday evening. Typical interview process. STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.....
      What are you looking for in your next career?
      Why do you want to work for Cintas?
      What motivates you?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Sales Representative - Uniform Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cintas in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke for about 30 minutes about my background, the position, etc. She then set me up with a face to face interview with the Branch Manager. After about 10 minutes of speaking with him I knew that this was not going to be a great fit. I don't think it was necessarily Cintas and the services that were offered, but it was more about having to work for that specific manager. I got the impression that he thought he was better than everyone else. This also included boasting about the college he attended. At the end of the interview I was sure to write a thank you note and reached out to the recruiter for feedback.

While I understand that not everyone is a perfect fit for a specific position, I found it a little disappointing to not get a response back from the recruiter indicating that I had not been chosen. Recruiters need to realize that people put in a lot of time and energy to the interview process and a simple "No you were not selected" goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• Was put on the spot with about 15 questions in a row about background, sales, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

One of the hardest interviews of my life. Even if you don't want the job go for the interview experience! It will prepare you for anything. Lots of open ended questions. They really want to see you think on your feet. Also look forward to at least 5 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something went wrong during your sales process and you encountered push back from your client. Now explain how you fixed the problem.   1 Answer

Sales Representative - Uniform Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Long with 5 interviews. Its shirts and pants and toilet paper. Ask the same questions from different people. Gets drawn out due to the manager cant hire andbody on his or her own. Just a puppet going through the motions. Must be approved by director and vice president. Funny thing is they are arrogant as can be but dont want someone in the interview that threatens them and can take their job so dont be overly confident just relax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about s time this happened and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviews with 2 local sales managers and 2 district managers. They put you through a very long process with so many interviews. Sales people just ware suits and ties in Las Vegas Nevada where temps reach 115 degrees, that is torture. I guess they figure if they charge twice as much as the nearest competitor they better look the part.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cintas (Tacoma, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

4-5 interviews. Electronic application. Do not skip anythinhg or fail to complete it or computer disqualifies you. Phone screen from HR manager and personality test. Face to face interview using standardisrd company required questions to see if you fit criteria. Job shadow with sales rep. You should be seeing 3-4 new presentations and 10-20 onsite business cold calls. You will also spend time in phone block and onboarding process meeting with various partners.

Interview Questions

• Overcoming sales objections, last working experiences how it applied to current position, experiences good and bad with last employer and customers. How it was handled. Leadership. Are you competitive? Can you grind it out. It is a grind. Organization and communication skills, sence of urgency, willing to relocate?
      What arr your strong suits and what ard your challenges? Experience
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Bedford, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I recently went through the interview process with Cintas in Virginia. The interview process is extensive due to how important it is for the company to make the right hire. The outside sales rep position is not easy, and they make sure that you know that (which I really appreciate). The first interview is used as a screening to see if you are the type of person they would want on their team. The second interview is a "Ride Along", so you spend all day (7:30AM-5:00PM) shadowing a current sales rep so that you can see how the cold calling works and how appointments are executed. My personal opinion is that the time spent with the sales rep is actually an all day interview of you to see how you interact in a new situation like that (tip: ask lots of questions and do not be shy). There is an interview at the end of the day (mine was at the end, but they made it sound like it was supposed to be in the morning, so it may vary depending on their manager's schedules). The final interview is with the Director. He asks lots of difficult questions and does a really good job figuring out if you would be the fit they need for the position.

All in all it's not an easy process to go through, but it is worth it. They have this extensive process because they have made many poor hires, or hires of employees who just can't handle the large work load of doing outside sales. You have to know you are able to perform at a high level for sales and with organization for this type of position. I think Cintas is a wonderful company and I appreciate their interview process because it shows that they care about making sure they get the right person for the right job. Make sure you have at least one year of outside sales experience that you can pull from, and make sure you have your numbers for how you performed.

Don't go for the job if you're not going to show up in your nicest suit and tie. It's a professional position, so dress the part. Come prepared.

Interview Questions

• "9 out of 10 people I hire without outside sales experience crash and burn... How will you be any different?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Pico Rivera, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a negative experience from the start. I was referred to this company by a friend who had interviewed and was offered the position, but did not accept.. He had the recruiter contact me, which he did, and set up a 15 minute phone interview. One of his first questions was regarding my current employer... "Is this your first job out of college"? I am in my mid 30's and a seasoned and experienced salesman. He didn't ask about my work history or experience. I asked him some basic questions regarding the information that was passed on to me by my friend, and he answered rudely saying " you are not (friend), he has more experience than you)??? my friend is 10 years younger and does not have more experience than me, although he does talk a good game. So the recruiter was condescending and rude. On to the interview, i met with the hiring manager that i would be working under. She is a new manager in the Pico Rivera location. Preached how she was "upfront" and "will tell you the way it is" and "blunt". She interviewed me, had me go out to lunch with a few of her staff, which were all super young (sometimes a bad sign) and afterwards said that she was impressed and like what she heard. She wanted to see some numbers, which I provided the 2nd day after the interview, as promised. I sat down with her again, she said that the numbers looked good but that she had two "stronger" candidates, but that either way she would let me know within the week. She said to call her on Friday if i did not hear from her, which i did. I left a voice message and emailed her. I did not hear back from her or the recruiter. I'm fine with not getting the position, but this was very unprofessional. She was not as straight forward as she claimed. Being in sales and around professional environments, this is the first time i have heard of something like this from a company this size. The hiring manager told me that this office was the worst selling office. They cleaned house and hoped to change things. These are signs of a bad culture and from my experience and from what i saw and heard (and didn't hear), things may not change at this location.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter prepped me for questions, however, not one single one of them were asked.   Answer Question