Cintas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cintas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

Sales Interview

Interview

Normal questions one would expect. Remember to stay positive about previous employers and take answers out of the work context when possible. They asked what I liked least about my last boss. I told them he left his blinker on all the time when we went to lunch together.

Service Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Total of 6 interviews and a ride along. Very extensive interview process spread out about over a month. Everyone is really nice, they take down notes during interviews as you are answering questions. A lot of tell me about a time type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you hired someone who ended up not being a good fit. Why did this happen and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Uniform Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I was applying for a job 700 miles away, and the whole time thought I was applying for facility services. First, a 3rd party recruiter posted the job, I applied and he called quickly after. He told me he was going to set me up with a phone interview with the area manager. Spoke with him and it all sounded great! I got great feedback and the manager wanted to set me up on a field ride in my town locally for the position in the town I was relocating to. It seemed strange to do the ride along in a different city and I was iffy about it since the local office wouldn't be able to see me in action. But I agreed, since they didn't offer to pay my plane ticket out there. The field ride went really well and I was told I got great feedback from the managers. They called me for next steps, which was an in person interview with the managers and regional manager. Since I was still living 700 miles away, I had to make some serious arrangements to get there and they still offered no assistance. I drove a full day to get there and spent $450 to fly back for this step, which being the second to last step I thought I had the job pretty secure. During this interview, I found out I was interviewing for the uniform division and not the FS division, which seemed a bit unprofessional. I got great feedback the whole time and was even told thoroughly about the final step of flying to Cincinnati for the final interview.....only to be called several days after I was initially told I would be notified that they decided to move forward with other candidates. I got no reason as to why but all I know is do not waste your time interviewing for this company if it isn't a local job. A complete waste of time, money, and energy.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from all of the other candidates interviewing?   1 Answer

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas (Landover, MD).

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair and had an initial 15-30 minute phone interview. After, I was asked to come to the office. I spent 3 hours speaking with the soon-to-be graduated trainees, all the way up to the general manager. They were all very nice, but it was exhausting and they asked very similar questions.
    My greatest negative was that they GHOSTED me after the interview. I understand if I didn't get asked for a 2nd interview, but at least have some respect!

Interview Questions

• (After each meeting) What was the name of the person you last spoke to?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Long hiring process but was well worth it in the end. Just about five total interviews including the phone, two in persons, a route ride and then finally a general manager interview

Sales Representative - Uniform Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of June for Sales Representative-Uniform. I was contacted shortly afterward to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well. The recruiter was very upfront about salary, expectations, goals etc. Therefore, I thought the process was going to be relatively streamlined. Not the case. Next, I interviewed with an F&S manager who told me more about both the Uniform and FS role. I thought it was a bit odd I was interviewing with the F&S manager even though the recruiter I interviewed with previously, and FS manager both explicitly confirmed I was interviewing for a Uniform opportunity. Certainly not unheard of though so I didn't think much of it. Next, I went on a ride along with a Uniform sales representative. It went well and the rep even mentioned they were "hurting for uniform people right now". Then, I interviewed with a Market sales manager who again, explicitly confirmed with me that I was interviewing for a Uniform sales opportunity. Everyone up to that point told me that this interview was going to be the final interview. Not the case. Finally, I interviewed with someone at HQ who informed me, after all the previous individuals explicitly confirmed with me I was interviewing for a Uniform opportunity, that this was actually a job in FS and that there were not even any Uniform positions available! I was lied to and misled, by the Cintas management and recruitment team I dealt with, about the nature of the interview! Even all the emails I received from the HR team said this was an interview for a Uniform position, yet I get to the final interview and it's an FS opportunity and there are no Uniform positions available? I received no indication of any change by anyone at Cintas or an explanation. As you can probably guess, asking about what position this was in the final interview hurt my chances a bit even though I was misled by 3 recruiters and 2 managers. Yes, for some reason I dealt with 3 recruiters during this process with no explanation of that either. The entire process was 2 months long and a waste of time. I highly recommend staying away from Cintas. They preach integrity as a core value but that was far from the truth in my case. Extremely unprofessional and unethical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to relay a difficult decision to a colleague?   Answer Question

Facility Services Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly long. There were 5 facets of my interview. Three in person, one ride along (all day), and one phone interview. Weeks would pass in between the interviews. The final interview was with two in management and I'll admit I didn't do my best, but the questions were very long winded and it just abruptly ended. They did pay for the day long ride along. All the management seemed great, they have a very strong group. I didn't get the offer, but I'm not sure if I would've taken it by the end of the process. It was so long, my excitement waned and that probably played a role in my final interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions based on your work experiences...I.e tell me about a time__   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cintas (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked for my portfolio through email and then I heard nothing back. I was quite disappointed because I felt I was very qualified for the position and deserved to at least hear a yea or nay back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted by the local sales manager on LinkedIn and was asked if I was interested. I was confused because the position was advertised as a uniform sales representative but I was informed it was for a facility services sales representative position. After applying on their website I was contacted by human resources for a phone interview. It was mostly a walk me through your resume and some STAR format questions. A few days after the phone interview I was asked to schedule an in person interview with the sales manager. The interview was pretty casual and very helpful with a lot of questions and answers on both sides so I knew the expectations of the job. After that a ride along was to be scheduled but due to scheduling conflicts I interviewed with the regional director of sales first. I had to drive three hours to interview with the director of sales and would have had to fly to Cincinnati for a final interview before getting an offer. It was evident after the interview with the director of sales that it was not going to be a good fit for either of us. The process was fairly quick as I went from applying to interviewing with the director of sales in three weeks

Fire Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cintas (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email within a couple of days to schedule a phone interview, the phone interview took 30/45 minutes, went over my employment history as well as the job description; asked the basic questions, was told the interview went very well. Was told my information would be sent over to the hiring manager to set up an interview with them. Went over all of the next steps in the hiring process, then never heard back. No response when I reached out via email or phone. This happened twice with two different Cintas recruiters. Very unimpressed, this company leads applicants on and then never follows up. Both times was told I would be the perfect candidate and was exactly what they were looking for with regard to this position. Very disappointed in this company.