Cintas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cintas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Facility Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I recently applied for an outside sales rep position with the fire division. I went thru a phone screening, 3 in person interviews and a field ride day. I was told that they were down to myself and an internal candidate- the internal candidate was given the position. OK fair....but then....was told "you are a great fit- find another sales position and interview". So I did...I interviewed for the facility sales rep position at a different location. I went through the entire process again. I had a phone screening, 3 in person interviews (conducted at 2 different locations) and another field ride day. Each manager said the same thing- "You are a great fit! You have a good track record of sales and will be a great fit with our culture!" Then the last manager told me I was a risk because my last company had a bad commission structure and I didn't get the high bonuses that Cintas gives. He said he looks forward to next steps. A few days later I get an email from him stating he looks forward to next steps then a generic generated email stating I was not chosen. How unprofessional! Waste of time. I'm glad I'm not part of that "culture."

Interview Questions

• What was your commission structure bonus structure like at your previous job?   Answer Question

Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

1st Interview (on campus): basic questions (ie: strengths/weaknesses)
    2nd Interview (at cintas location): round robin. Situational Questions..(ie: tell me a time when..)

They were both very relaxed interviews
    Be yourself and show your personality
    Overall, the experience was enjoyable

Interview Questions

• - tell me about a time when you kept information from slipping through the cracks (organization)
      -tell me about a time when you had to pick up the slack for someone else
      -tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager
      -tell me about a time when you messed up
      Answer Question

Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Long, drawn out and overly tedious. They are looking for a "type". Do not share weakness, look VERY clean cut, be in shape and dressed in today's decade. I almost turned down the job because of how long it took and how many people I had to meet with. I am glad I took it, I look at this particular position as a bridge to the next level. I am learning everything I need to become a successful service manager. Be sharp, personable and consistent.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an SSR(driver) who was not delivering products to the customers properly?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

The interview process starts out with an on campus interview. Then you go in for a plant tour and a few more interview. Lastly you will meet with the VP over the Texas group region. However, after that I could not get into contact with anyone. I was called to go into another visit and missed the call. I tried to reach out several times on both email and phone and was not able to reach anyone. It seems like they do not care to get into contact with the people they are interviewing with.

Assistant Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cintas (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was with HR and was a bit painful. All questions about "tell me about a time when" had to be answered with a specific story, not just a hypothetical answer about how you would address the situation

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when a customer demanded you drop all of your projects and dedicated your time solely to their problem   1 Answer

Uniform Room Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call for a screening about 5 days later. Screening was roughly 10 minutes and was told I would get a call for a phone interview. 2 days later got phone call and interview lasted about 35 minutes. Got a call 3 days later for second phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. The guy who conducted initial screening called me the next day to schedule an in person interview. Went in the interview 2 days later and was interviewed jointly but regional and branch manager. Regional manager wanted to introduce me to Housekeeping manager however he was not available at the moment. He then told me he would call me back to set up a meeting with me and the other manager. Never heard back from them and it's been over 2 weeks.

Advanced Management Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very in depth and selective. I am currently on my 5th total interview and still going. The interviews are fairly straight forward and follow the STAR method. Be prepared for a lot of these questions and have plenty on past experiences ready to pull from.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to resolve a conflict within the workplace.   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maumelle, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Maumelle, AR).

Interview

They have a process called meticulous hiring. For this position, I believe there were 4 different interviews from HR to Sales Managers (3) and the General Manager. You are basically proving yourself to all parties involved. This is a team environment but you pretty much govern yourself. Do research on the company and position you are seeking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tried to go back on the pay from the initial phone screening but I held my ground. Don't be afraid to show your worth but do it tactfully.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cintas (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I did a phone interview which lasted about 15 min. follow by a live interview a few days later.
    I also interviewed for a sales position at cintas a couple month before and it was the same procedure.
    I did notice no minorities in the management and sales positions. (met a district manager, service manager, sales manager and a sales rep.)
    As a minority my confidence level drop at the start of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to gather a lot of information about my current employer; Such as names, locations of our biggest clients, who are our competitors, our job titles, how much employees get paid, prices, profitability percentage, job practices. and so on.
      Afterwards, he started with the normal questions such how did I overcame an angry customer.
      At the end of the interview I was told on the spot they wanted someone with previous experience in the field and as a service manager .
      It upset it me because I did a phone interview and he reviewed my Resume prior to the in-person interview .
      1 Answer

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, 1 hour in person interview with Managers and HR, Ride Along day, final 1 hour interview with GM. Process was straightforward and I always felt informed about the next step in the process. Good people. Seems like there's a fair amount of opportunity beyond this role depended upon performance once in the role.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational interview questions. Tell me a time when...   Answer Question