Cintas Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.1

149 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emmaus, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Emmaus, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First there was an on-campus interview, a fairly simple behavioral interview that acts as a first screening. Then I was invited to the facility twice to meet with different managers, all of which had a written interview guide to follow. The managers at this particular facility were more interested in getting to know me than filling out the paperwork, which I appreciated. It is a very long process; they want potential Management Trainees to meet most of the service managers as well as the location manager and regional VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a plan and things didn't go as planned?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cintas (Bethlehem, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying through my school's career site, I got an interview face-to-face. The lady who interviewed me had very specific questions--it was a one-sided conversation. She was cold and did not seem to want to be there.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cintas in September 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed interview with friendly and engaging representatives. Initial interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. Mostly behavioral questions and insight into my background. I was first introduced at a University Career Fair and given ample information on the company and position in which I would be applying for. Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to withhold information from a group of people? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cintas (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I met a Cintas recruiter during a university career fair. I was signed up for an interview on the spot. The interview was fairly straight forward. The Interviewer asked about 10-15 standard interview questions. The interviewer was a General Manager of a nearby facility. She was very kind, driven and gave an overall good impression on company. From what I know, there is a second round on site interview. I have not received a response from the first interview, so I am not sure if I will be asked back for the second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Landover, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas (Landover, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, mainly behavioral, and then an in-person interview that consisted of 3 interviews with various plant managers and supervisors.
    The company seemed really great. All the people who work there really care for each other and want to see each employee grow. They are problem solvers and are always looking to make every part of the supply-chain process as efficient as possible. Great people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were blamed for something that was not your fault. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a high-pressure situation when you did not perform as well as you hoped?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you had to convince others about something   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to solve a problem? (This was more of a creative thinking problem).   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Making you do a behavioral interview online with a prerecorded system. Next round is with the branch manager and HR. Then another round with people from a larger facility. Final interview is with a Group VP. Don't reimburse you for travel and they let me know I wasn't extended an offer via a form email from the website. On a company that prides themselves on treating their employees well they really don't treat the interviewers much respect. Long drawn out process to be driving trucks around for 6 months.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had to follow or make safety guidelines   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ledgewood, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cintas (Ledgewood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

It was an average and simple interview process. Started with showing a short video about the company and employee testimonials. Met with 2 different people for a little over an hour. They were very friendly and helpful and are passionate about their company. There is usually a series of interviews that follow the initial interview. After my initial interview, there wasn't an update on the position or my status.

Interview Questions

• Read most of the questions from a guiding list of pre-screened questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was laborious. There was a phone screening with the recruiter, a round of 2 interviews with management, another round with the general manager, and a final round with regional managers. They mostly asked behavioral interview questions, and the first round of interviews were scripted, and the final ones were more to get to know the candidate and assess the fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

First there was a 30 minute phone interview with the HR director. Next there was a site interview with the floor manager and the general manager of the location. For the phone interview I was asked STAR questions and about my future goals and my education. For the second interview there was about 13 STAR questions between the two managers. After the second interview I received a generic email a week and a half later saying they were not interested in moving forward.

Interview Questions

• STAR Questions for the second interview   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to compromise on quality and what happened as a result.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to give 110% effort into a project and what happened as a result.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you saw a problem with safety and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Little Rock, AR) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite drawn out. Originally met with recruiter at on campus event. First step was an on-campus interview with a current management trainee. Second step was at plant location with Sales Manager and HR rep. Third interview was with General Manager. Final interview required you to visit regional office to visit with Regional Director. This could be slightly inconvenient for interviewees located out of state.

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions. "When is a time you failed, and how did you learn from it?" "Describe a time you took initiative on a project."   Answer Question