Cintas Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cintas Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Was contacted through LinkedIn by one of the district sales managers. We had a quick initial phone call, then an in person interview. The DSM was almost 15 minutes late to the interview, but the interview itself seemed to go well.
Afterwards, I was told I would be contacted in the next few days regarding next steps. I never heard from them, and I even sent a follow up email to check in and never heard back. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Met with a few awesome people. All nice and smart, and seem to love working there. Interview was fine, they are all personable and pretty laid back people. Seems like a great culture to work in

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I interviewed at Cintas (Portland, ME) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, she made me feel rushed and unimportant, she told me she would call me back and never did. She explained to me it was just for a hunter, I would not make any kind of relationships. I was told to think about it and she would call me the next day and she never called. I wouldn't accept the position even if I wanted it because of the the way I was treated by the recruiter, she not only didn't do her job she, I know more about her personal life than I should.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about being a hunter and not making any relationships   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn and brought in for an interview that the manager asked several questions from a packet. Afterwards was asked to bring certificates or proof of success/awards from previous job. I had the phone screening after an in-person interview. 1st flag. The salary numbers from Manager did not match HR's numbers. I was then referred to ride along with another sales rep. After the ride along could have been a possible 2 more interviews. I didnt' make it past ride along. The same person who reached out to me on LinkedIn that I met in the first interview sent a message after ride along saying they are still looking to fill the position and asked could we meet. Talk about disorganized? Disorganization in Sales Management is scary! Very time consuming for low salary range but it was helpful to shadow an employee and learn alot about the comp plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (Union, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is painstakingly long. They will have you meet with four different people from Cintas all on separate days for separate interviews. You will also be required to do a ride along with one of the reps to understand what a typical sales call and day at Cintas will be like. If you don't have a "brag book" don't even bother with the interview. Big on past accomplishments and if you can't physically represent them with awards, emails, pictures, etc. then they might as well have not even happened. Will try to break you to see if you're a "true hunter" which essentially means get in front of new clients consistently. There is definitely money to be made at Cintas but, you are going to need to crush the interview process and then prove yourself in the first few weeks to even get a shot at any type of real money.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?
      What is important to you?
      What motivates you?
      List 3 words to best describe yourself.
      How do you overcome adversity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Old school "by the book" and generic interview process. 4 interviews plus a ride along with someone already in the role of the position you're applying for. Not impressed with interview process as it is outdated and needs improved.

Interview Questions

• very generic interview questions - manager went down a generic corp. script and did not stray away from this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio Viejo, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas (San Antonio Viejo, TX).

Interview

I had a total of three interviews so far, each an hour. During these interviews, I learned the position was for new business only and did not include any established accounts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cintas (Savannah, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. It was very pleasant and lasted about half an hour. Two weeks later I received a call to set up an in person interview with the hiring manager. I met with him and he asked me several questions about my background, then did two role plays. He then folded his hands and asked if I had any questions. Well, 1 hour and 15 minutes went by and we finished the interview. I though I did very well and engaged my "client" and asked all the pertinent questions. He then said I would hear from him the following week for a "ride with" and then an interview with his boss and finally an interview with the VP of sales. I never heard from him again until I emailed a week later to ask what the timeline will be. Two days later I received a thanks but no thanks letter. I sent all the necessary correspondence and thank you emails throughout the process. Not quite sure what happened.

Interview Questions

• The role play was how to get the gate keeper to the decision maker. Then how to get the decision maker to talk to you after they said they are satisfied with their current vendor. Basic stuff.....   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

Straight forward, pretty simple questions, know about the company, be prepared for regular interview questions. Tell us about yourself, experience, passions, career goals, life goals, salary expectations, job expectations, job experience

Anonymous Employee in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cintas (Piscataway, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Four step process. 1st- sales manager 2nd. Ride along with a sales rep 3rd. GM and 4th. Sale director. The sales manager was the toughest interviewer but the trip to interview with the sales director was a 2.5 hour drive there.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for cintas?   1 Answer