Cintas Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Be prepared for a very lengthy interview process. I was first contacted from a national recruiter by email. After completing an initial phone interview, I then did a 2nd interview in person with A local GM. Upon completing that interview, I did a 3rd phone interview with a regional HR director. The next step was a "route ride along" that lasted all day (7:30-4:00). The final step was an interview a hour in a half away with a regional VP six weeks after the initial contact.
During this entire interview process, I was given positive feedback each step of the way and was encouraged things were progressing toward an offer. At the conclusion of the final interview with the regional VP, I would hear back within a couple business days. I waited a week without being contacted so I emailed the GM asking for update which I did receive the next day stated they "decided to go in another direction."
The entire interview process is lengthy and very time consuming taking 7 weeks from start to finish. Each interview lasted between 30-45 minutes as well as the ride along that took all day in addition to having to drive 3 hours round trip to the final interview. After investing that much time and effort into an interview process that I believed was progressing nicely then not hear anything back without me having to reach out to them first was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly normal resume questions so be prepared to discuss work history, etc. They are really heavily dependent on "behavioral" questions such as "Tell me about a time..." "Give me an example of when..." or "Describe a time..." etc. The last interview with Regional VP pulled the classic "Sell me this pen" routine. If presented with this gem, make sure you sell yourself first, then the pen. They were looking for how you interacted and built trust rather than the actual act of selling the pen, which of course is important too.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cintas (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I did a phone interview which lasted about 15 min. follow by a live interview a few days later.
    I also interviewed for a sales position at cintas a couple month before and it was the same procedure.
    I did notice no minorities in the management and sales positions. (met a district manager, service manager, sales manager and a sales rep.)
    As a minority my confidence level drop at the start of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to gather a lot of information about my current employer; Such as names, locations of our biggest clients, who are our competitors, our job titles, how much employees get paid, prices, profitability percentage, job practices. and so on.
      Afterwards, he started with the normal questions such how did I overcame an angry customer.
      At the end of the interview I was told on the spot they wanted someone with previous experience in the field and as a service manager .
      It upset it me because I did a phone interview and he reviewed my Resume prior to the in-person interview .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas (Olathe, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

very structured people seem stuffy and not very professional. I was asked the same question by several people the GM made we wait a long time before he talked to me. Seemed like people didn't get along and people were looking at leaving

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I was interviewed by the GM and director. It only lasted a few days and went over into the following week. They were quick to follow up, because they really needed someone.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical hiring questions... Nothing outlandish or extremely difficult if you are a good person and want to do a good job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy (5 different people) and somewhat repetitive over the course of two weeks. I met with 3 supervisors from the plant and 2 from outside of the plant (corporate). The first few interviews were very standard, the interviewer had a template and was recording the answers and there was also an informal lunch interview where the position was described in detail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses and explanation of each.
      How you deal with conflict and explanation of a time you had to de-escalate a situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cintas (Vancouver, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

A Cintas HR rep called me after seeing my resume. Did a very basic outline of the job and the pay and benefits. Asked when I was available for an interview with the next level and that she would call me back that day. She repeated that she would call me back several times. Never heard from her again. I wouldn't have accepted a job with them as I know how they are run unless the offer was exceptional but this lack of professionalism just cemented my feeling.

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas in December 2014.

Interview

The first phase was quick, phone interview and contacted by HR to set up interview in person. It was over the holidays so the final phone interview was about a month later. I then got the job offer a couple weeks after last phone interview. this last one was over the phone because i was relocating form out of state.

Interview Questions

• Experience in management and leadership   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (Gadsden, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the company website in May. In November I was called and they conducted a phone interview. At the end of the call an interview appointment was made for a couple of days later. They were very accommodating to my current work schedule when setting a time, which I appreciated. I met with the General Manager for a standard STARS interview that lasted about an hour. I was told they would make a decision by the end of the month, but they didn't call me. Over all a pleasant experience, in spite of the amount of time between my application and getting an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone Screen, Followed by in-person interview. One on One with HR recruiter. Very generic questions. Felt cold and assembly line like. I know they were interviewing many candidates, but didn't make me thrilled to be an applicant. After the interview, there was dead silence for an extended period of time and the recruiter was very slow to respond to emails and voice messages. No apology or explanation when finally spoken to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you failed and what you would do differently next time   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to the interview and everybody was in suits and ties felt like I was in applying for a job with the CIA once hired everybody was still wearing the same stuff type clothing this company is extremely overly conservative and chauvinistic I don't like it here but with