Cintas Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.6

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Service Manager Interview

Interview

Started off with a Phone call from the senior manager who was extremely professional. Next Step was an in person interview with the Senior manager, then the plant manager, and then HR Rep. Was asked to move forward with going to a ride along for the whole day with one of the top service managers, who is very professional. Met with the GM who is a very enthusiastic guy, after the meeting with I was sure I just lost the job. On my way home got a phone call that I was going to have a phone interview with the Senior director of Service. That went ok, just grilled me and tried to break me, thought I wasn't getting it. Got a phone call the next day that they were extending am offer . Very excited, accepted the offer signed the offer sheet and just waiting on the drug test and background to come back. Very professional and upbeat company, looking forward to the next 20 to 25 years with Cintas.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cintas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I interviewed at Cintas (Aliso Viejo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Cintas is just beginning but my first impressions of the company are very impressive. Two days ago I found the Service Manager position on a Veteran job site. I searched for an HR representative on LinkedIn in the local area and within 10 hours we were connected. The HR rep looked at my LinkedIn profile and told me that I would be a perfect fit for the job. I applied for the job and sent my contact with the information.

The next day we communicated by the middle of that same day I had a telephone screening with a different HR representative. Two hours later I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview at the company site. I was told that I will face 3 more interviews after my initial meeting.

The HR representatives have been fantastic for the initial stages of my quest for employment at Cintas. What has impressed me is the speed in which I have been schedule for an interview. But the key is to be proactive and get a contact in the HR department.

I will provide more inputs as the process continues

Interview Questions

• I received six questions all based on management and challenges that I have faced in my past job. Be ready to answer what you have been doing professionally for the past five years. Also I was asked about my customer service experience. What I consider to be a challenge in customer service and what my weaknesses are in a customer service setting. I was also asked what made me pick Cintas as a company to search employment. Another question was what I will bring to the company if hired.

I will be very honest. I was not prepared for those questions for an initial phone screening. I was ready for just explaining information from my resume. But I must have done well enough to get a face-to-face interview. I recommend that if you are notified that someone will contact you from HR to be ready for interview type questions and insure you know about the company. Review the company's Annual Report from their website.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cintas (Greenville, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Be prepared for a very lengthy interview process. I was first contacted from a national recruiter by email. After completing an initial phone interview, I then did a 2nd interview in person with A local GM. Upon completing that interview, I did a 3rd phone interview with a regional HR director. The next step was a "route ride along" that lasted all day (7:30-4:00). The final step was an interview a hour in a half away with a regional VP six weeks after the initial contact.
    During this entire interview process, I was given positive feedback each step of the way and was encouraged things were progressing toward an offer. At the conclusion of the final interview with the regional VP, I would hear back within a couple business days. I waited a week without being contacted so I emailed the GM asking for update which I did receive the next day stated they "decided to go in another direction."
    The entire interview process is lengthy and very time consuming taking 7 weeks from start to finish. Each interview lasted between 30-45 minutes as well as the ride along that took all day in addition to having to drive 3 hours round trip to the final interview. After investing that much time and effort into an interview process that I believed was progressing nicely then not hear anything back without me having to reach out to them first was very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Mostly normal resume questions so be prepared to discuss work history, etc. They are really heavily dependent on "behavioral" questions such as "Tell me about a time..." "Give me an example of when..." or "Describe a time..." etc. The last interview with Regional VP pulled the classic "Sell me this pen" routine. If presented with this gem, make sure you sell yourself first, then the pen. They were looking for how you interacted and built trust rather than the actual act of selling the pen, which of course is important too.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cintas (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I did a phone interview which lasted about 15 min. follow by a live interview a few days later.
    I also interviewed for a sales position at cintas a couple month before and it was the same procedure.
    I did notice no minorities in the management and sales positions. (met a district manager, service manager, sales manager and a sales rep.)
    As a minority my confidence level drop at the start of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to gather a lot of information about my current employer; Such as names, locations of our biggest clients, who are our competitors, our job titles, how much employees get paid, prices, profitability percentage, job practices. and so on.
      Afterwards, he started with the normal questions such how did I overcame an angry customer.
      At the end of the interview I was told on the spot they wanted someone with previous experience in the field and as a service manager .
      It upset it me because I did a phone interview and he reviewed my Resume prior to the in-person interview .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas (Olathe, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

very structured people seem stuffy and not very professional. I was asked the same question by several people the GM made we wait a long time before he talked to me. Seemed like people didn't get along and people were looking at leaving

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cintas.

Interview

I was interviewed by the GM and director. It only lasted a few days and went over into the following week. They were quick to follow up, because they really needed someone.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical hiring questions... Nothing outlandish or extremely difficult if you are a good person and want to do a good job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cintas (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy (5 different people) and somewhat repetitive over the course of two weeks. I met with 3 supervisors from the plant and 2 from outside of the plant (corporate). The first few interviews were very standard, the interviewer had a template and was recording the answers and there was also an informal lunch interview where the position was described in detail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses and explanation of each.
      How you deal with conflict and explanation of a time you had to de-escalate a situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cintas (Vancouver, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

A Cintas HR rep called me after seeing my resume. Did a very basic outline of the job and the pay and benefits. Asked when I was available for an interview with the next level and that she would call me back that day. She repeated that she would call me back several times. Never heard from her again. I wouldn't have accepted a job with them as I know how they are run unless the offer was exceptional but this lack of professionalism just cemented my feeling.

Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cintas in December 2014.

Interview

The first phase was quick, phone interview and contacted by HR to set up interview in person. It was over the holidays so the final phone interview was about a month later. I then got the job offer a couple weeks after last phone interview. this last one was over the phone because i was relocating form out of state.

Interview Questions

• Experience in management and leadership   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cintas (Gadsden, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the company website in May. In November I was called and they conducted a phone interview. At the end of the call an interview appointment was made for a couple of days later. They were very accommodating to my current work schedule when setting a time, which I appreciated. I met with the General Manager for a standard STARS interview that lasted about an hour. I was told they would make a decision by the end of the month, but they didn't call me. Over all a pleasant experience, in spite of the amount of time between my application and getting an interview.