Circus World Displays Online Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Circus World Displays Online Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Circus World Displays

1 Interview Review

5.0

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Circus World Displays (Niagara Falls, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Overly complicated and unprofessional. The hiring process dragged on with this company for a whopping 8 weeks, with no doubt, a very questionable timeline at the end. After 8 weeks, including 2 weeks of no contact, I was sent a generic email advising me another candidate was hired. No phone call, no explanation, nothing. Here is what I had to go through for an "intermediate level" position:

- 4 interviews with one being a 2-hour job preview where they ask you questions/ideas about their business (including dozens and dozens of hypothetical questions)
- provide additional information about previous employment
- provide an analysis on one of their brands (including what to change and how to fix it... free advice)
- 3 aptitude tests: personality, knowledge, and general intelligence
- criminal record check
- 3 reference checks (as if the above wasn't enough)

A week after the 4th interview (job preview), I got a phone call from HR asking for references. The process was taking so long even they forgot they had them; I reminded them my references were submitted at my 2nd interview. Then I received a call 1 week later stating they had called 2 references, and had 1 more to go. Then the 3rd reference personally contacted me to say they gave a great review. Next... didn't hear back until 2 weeks later about how I didn't get the job.

At this point I think any company with an ounce of business etiquette would have made an offer. There is no need to put candidates through all of the above, especially in such a slow and plodding manner. No phone call, no explanation, nothing... truly baffling. The irony about this is the CWD website says they are often "complimented" on their thorough hiring process ... yea right.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative solution you have ever invented?   Answer Question