Cirrus Logic Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.2

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online at their Career portal and got a call few days later to set up a time for phone screenings. 2 phone screenings before I was invited for onsite interviews. 8 onsite interviews followed back to back, each 1 hour long. The first interviewer was not professional at all and kept asking things even when he admitted that he was out of touch with those concepts for a really long time. The hiring manager took for lunch and interviewed at the same time.
    Questions listed below

Interview Questions

• Phone Screening:
      - Digital design fundamentals, CDC, Verification fundamentals, questions related to coursework, Analog fundamentals, and finally some take home problems that I answered within 24 hours.

On Site Interviews:
      Highly technical rounds
      - Pattern detection, FSM, LSFR related questions, some mathematical questions, extremely tough digital circuits questions, projects in depth, questions based upon what the resume describes, synchronizers, STA, synthesis in detail, constraint handling, physical design fundamentals. Some analog circuits and lots of CDC questions.
      1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional interview experience ever. No questions were asked based on my skill set in my resume. They gave me a problem to solve (design and verify) which I was fine with, but in the meanwhile the interviewers were discussing some random stuff not related to the interview which was distracting. They were least bit interested in what i did and it was extremely unprofessional. The worst is they never got back me to with the interview result.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for product engineer position online.
    A phone interview was scheduled on XX day at XX time.
    I received the call about 10 minutes later than the scheduled time.
    The interview began with him asking why I was a device engineer at the previous job and not product engineer (explained my job duties and differences).
    The interviewer had very less semiconductor processing or device physics knowledge. He was an expert in testing. Questions on statistical analysis, probe routine (and other generic testing related were asked) were asked.
    There was little to no discussions about the projects/skills listed on my resume (they were mostly based on process/product design, new product introduction and yield improvement).

Interview Questions

• How do you set probe limits? How comfortable are you with statistical analysis? What is Gage R&R? How do you eliminate probe station/probe card as an issue in the event of failure?   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then they invited me for an interview, and they asked for references. My references had to fill in a questionnaire about me, before the on site interview. The on site interview was postponed once without explanation.
    Cirrus had their travel agency arrange the flights between the SF Bay Area where I live and Austin. Although there are direct flights between Silicon Valley and Austin the travel agency didn't book direct flights (and they also don't do that for Cirrus employees I've heard.) The travel agency also booked the hotel and a rental car.

Cirrus gave me a map which indicated 3 places where I could park the car, the parking garage for visitors (which was already full at 8.15AM) and two parking lots, of which one turned out not to have places for Cirrus Logic employees/visitors anymore.
    I first had a talk with their recruiter in a meeting room and after that I was escorted from interviewer to interviewer. I came back to that meeting room a few times.
    It was a surprise to some of the interviewers that they had to do an interview, I even heard one interviewer exclaim 'O no'.
    I was asked to bring extra resumes, that turned out to be necessary. Most interviewers had my resume on screen but in one case the interviewer was not able to pull my resume up so I had to give him one of the resumes I brought.

Interview Questions

• Can you derive the formula for the voltage of a bandgap?   Answer Question
    • Draw the cross section of a MOST
      and some questions about the charge in the channel and the effect of the voltage on the drain
      1 Answer

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who forwarded my resume to the hiring manager. Later there was a telephonic interview covering fundamentals of Analog design. I was invited to their HQs in Austin and met around 10 people who interviewed me. I was asked to analyze circuits and reason out their noise, frequency and power performance. All the interviewers were very cordial and gave me ample time to present my understanding.
    They are more interested in your approach. Be patient with yourself.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental analog, discreet time, switched capacitor, A/D converters.   3 Answers

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewing for a Digital Design Engineer position. The interview consisted of both digital and analog questions and went way into detail for analog when that is not my specialty.

Interview Questions

• Asked to derive the equations for an RLC system. I'm not an analog guy for a reason.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a 5% increase from the original offer. The final salary was over 20% increase in pay from current employer at the time.

Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Multiple Interveiwers with a laid back attitude. Interviewers included an HR Recruiter, a prospective coworker, supervisor, and multiple levels of management. Very personable and comfortable process. Though the questions didnt seem very thorough. Casual atmosphere and amiable relations.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Asked about the dc dc converter design such as Buck loop compensation, current sensing, flyback design and analysis, and IC design knowledge, Audio experience and background, DSP , signal processing methods, A/D converter. More in applications and less in IC design area.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a pretty typical interview process. To phone screens, but in all day on the site. Lunch was included. Very typical questions and if you know your stuff you will get by. I do not believe that they were honest about the workload.

Design Verification Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

1 Phone Interview, got the nod in a couple of days via phone

Interview Questions

• Just asked basic questions on DSP - upsampling and downsampling   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation