Cirrus Logic Digital Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cirrus Logic Digital Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online at their Career portal and got a call few days later to set up a time for phone screenings. 2 phone screenings before I was invited for onsite interviews. 8 onsite interviews followed back to back, each 1 hour long. The first interviewer was not professional at all and kept asking things even when he admitted that he was out of touch with those concepts for a really long time. The hiring manager took for lunch and interviewed at the same time.
Questions listed below

Interview Questions

• Phone Screening:
    - Digital design fundamentals, CDC, Verification fundamentals, questions related to coursework, Analog fundamentals, and finally some take home problems that I answered within 24 hours.

On Site Interviews:
    Highly technical rounds
    - Pattern detection, FSM, LSFR related questions, some mathematical questions, extremely tough digital circuits questions, projects in depth, questions based upon what the resume describes, synchronizers, STA, synthesis in detail, constraint handling, physical design fundamentals. Some analog circuits and lots of CDC questions.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cirrus Logic

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in December 2016.

Interview

I was notified for the interview position by email and they asked my availibility for the interview. I recieved the call on time as it was scheduled for. The interview began sharp at 2:00 pm and was about 25 minutes long. The interviewer asked questions mainly related to digital signal processing concepts such as FIR/IIR filters, group delay, impulse response and transfer function.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about one of my project that was on LMS adaptive filter (relevant to Digital Signal processing) and the hiring manager went deeper into the concepts of filter.   Answer Question
    • How to divide a clock by 3 without using PLL?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interviewing for a Digital Design Engineer position. The interview consisted of both digital and analog questions and went way into detail for analog when that is not my specialty.

Interview Questions

• Asked to derive the equations for an RLC system. I'm not an analog guy for a reason.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a 5% increase from the original offer. The final salary was over 20% increase in pay from current employer at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

They are very good in planning and scheduling the interview . Atleast in my case they were. They send you the topics they normally interview for that particular position. You can have a look at them but most questions will be simple in the first round . Manager calls and tests basics of digital design in first interview . Later in the second interview they become more specific to the job profile. After this they normally take you for a round of onsite interviews. And mostly inform about their promptly.

Interview Questions

• How will you divide clock by 2 using d flip flops.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

2 phone screen

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Only one phone interview. But it depends on managers. Other people recruited by a different manager may get two, maybe even more phone calls for an internship. The company focus on DSP chips. So DSP is included in the topics for sure, no matter it is digital or analog position.

Interview Questions

• Verilog question with additional requirements. Design a FSM providing fibonacci sequence with enable and reset. Output should be immediate.   2 Answers

Negotiation

The company is listed as one of Greatest Company to Work, but only in the small and medium business list. Haven't go for it yet, but as far as I know it is in TX. Said to be quite hot in summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

HR contacts you to set up a phone interview with either the hiring manager or a senior engineer. During the phone interview the interviewer asks a few technical questions. The difficulty ranges but touches on all areas. After the phone interview you are brought in for an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic (Austin, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

A phone screen followed by a couple of on-site visits. The interviews were highly technical and specific to the type of work encountered in the workplace. The employees exhibited neutral-positive behavior. The sentiment was bullish on the future of the company.

Interview Questions

• Explain the sequence of events from the time a key is pressed on a keyboard to a character appearing on the monitor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiations phase was high pressured and seemed to place excess emphasis on current pay. It's best to avoid answering direct questions about current pay and to provide a range instead. The organization appeared to be reluctant to offer. Even though I was informed by external sources that they offer sign-on bonuses, I was not offered anything.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in October 2012.

Interview

Got a call for phone interview. I think they have multiple phone interview rounds before they call you for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was unprepared and was the person to interview me originally.   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cirrus Logic in January 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was not prepared very well. There were moments of silence because the interviewer was thinking about the questions to ask. I thought I answered well to his questions