Cisco Systems Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy, tons of people to meet with. Sometimes with multiple rounds to go through. Not very technical in nature. Typically with the hiring manager, technical support team, peers and possibly one manager up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a little slow initially, but once on the inside, things picked up quite a bit. I happen to be interviewing at the end of the fiscal year, so that could have attributed to the longer than usual process.

Interview Questions

• What unique offerings do you feel Cisco brings to the IT industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with HR just to screen. After that, you'll interview with people in the same position, or within the department and then if you pass these, you'll move on to interviews with management, or the final decision makers.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the hiring manager (Regional Sales Manager), and a team of three other Cisco Employees via a Webex video web meeting. The interview process was very professional and the interviewers with all great. There was a nice mix of general interview questions and "get to know you" type banter. They all were able to provide good feedback to my questions too.

Interview Questions

• If we hired you, what's your 30, 60, and 90 day plan?
      What is your sales philosophy?
      How do you manage your time?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

At Cisco, there is a pretty long interview process where you have to meet with multiple people and sometimes even before there is a job opening. Also, you may have to meet with people who are not directly involved in the hiring but who will give their input as well.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied externally, and heard from the hiring manager directly. The process consisted of multiple webex interviews over a 3-4 week period. Even though the job was posted, they did not have a place for me initially, so the process took a few months to come to fruition. However, the wait was worth it as Cisco is a first class organization, with a strong strategy and vision for the future. Everyone in the hiring process was very professional, and I was very impressed with the quality of the individuals at Cisco.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple stakeholder agendas within an account?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

For any candidates applying for positions at Cisco...be patient! HR has become a big organization and sometimes the recruiters don't always communicate effectively with the hiring manager. Once you've identified the location for the position, you can probably identify the Hiring Manager or someone that knows the hiring Manager via Linkedin to establish a direct connection which will help you through the HR side of the process.

Interview Questions

• Whiteboard a converged voice and video infrastructure   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

First over the phone interview was basic behavioral based questions and experience related qualifications. Second over the phone interview was higher quality more personal questions about my character and life experiences. Mandatory creative video cover letter - bare directions of what they want, would like you to be very creative and show your personality. Lastly there is a role play assessment where you play the role of an account manager who is conducting a first encounter sales meeting. Intro (confirm time for meeting, build rapport) Needs identification (qualifying questions), Product or service presentation, Close

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales? Why do you want to work for Cisco? What personal experiences have you had that developed your leadership skills? List 5 words that your peers of colleagues would use to describe you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (McKinney, TX).

Interview

The process is long and complicated. Cisco is truly a world class company and this is part of the reason. They take their time and really vet the candidates to hire the best of the best.

Interview Questions

• I was asked really specific scenarios related to sales and dealing with channel partners. How to handle issues.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chevy Chase, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

You have at least 4 interviews, mine were over the phone. Typically you have at least 5 interviews with management and team members. People do ask you about your background, skills, what would you do in order to create a 30-60-90 day plan.

Interview Questions

• Your strengths, goals, what would you bring to the job is hired, what skill sets are most valuable to the role   1 Answer