Cisco Systems Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Associate Network Consulting Engineer

Cisco Systems Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Was contacted through email about a phone interview for the position in about February. Has the phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview went great. VERY BASIC technical questions. Spent most of the time on the phone talking about the company and the position. The guy interviewing me had already gone through the program so I just probed him for 30 mins.

Got an email back about a month later saying I had been invited to NC for the Assessment Center interview. A very important thing to note is that after my phone interview it was over a month before I heard back from them. I sent my recruiter an email asking about my status and that may have been the key to me being invited to NC....i dk.

The NC interview consisted of a GROUP presentation in which you have 15mins to study some new material and present. They look for group dynamics and how well you work together. There were 2 technical interviews on networking. They gave me a big packet to study after I was invited to NC. Everything in the packet was fair game. The key here is that "I dont know" is an acceptable answer. They just wanna see how much you do know and your capacity to learn and understand concepts. Over lunch they gave us another packet of abstract info to study for a solo presentation after lunch. The material was REALLY hard. They just want the see how much you picked up during the short time.

Throughout the day we had breaks such as a tour of the facility, a "day in the life" presentation, and a benefits presentation. I felt really confident about my performance because I prepared for weeks. I gave it my best shot but unfortunately the next day I was informed that I was not selected to move on. I have no bad blood or regrets about the process. I did the best I could.

The culture from my observations is that they hire A LOT of nerdy white guys. Out of the 75 or so employees I met during the process. Younger nerdy white males made up about 94%. I met like 3 women, a few people of indian descent and like 2 black people. I'm black so......i dk. The people I was interviewing against had big technical degrees from GA Tech, Penn State, RIT, Ohio State etc. I went to an HBCU so I felt that I was already at a disadvantage. The biggest thing I can say is prepare.....study, study, study. Cisco only wants the best....they kept saying that all day. They want people that fit the culture. All the people there are the same.....mostly nerdy young white guys. In my group there were 17 of us interviewing. We were the third and last group they were interviewing for positions. There were 2 other groups before us of about 20 people a piece and they were offering 24 positions. So thats about 8 positions a group. Overall it was a positive experience and i'm glad I got that far.

Interview Questions

• Explain OSPF (Open Shortest Path First)   2 Answers
  • Explain the difference between TCP and UDP   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. Contact me after 3 weeks via email. Telephone interview (about 40 minutes). Questions were about previous experience, networking problems, Cisco and motivations. They were very cordial and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How does Google make money?   1 Answer

Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2014.

Interview

The overall process was about 3 weeks long. There were 5 interviews and all were phone interviews. I never was asked any technical questions, so I was very disappointed. All of the individuals were genuinely nice guys. If you are to apply for these jobs, know YOU RESUME. I think that's where I messed up. I forgot about the things I did in the military and it made me look silly. I would definitely apply for this company again!!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my resume and I forgot the detailed portions of my military position because I have been out for 9 years.   Answer Question

Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Online CV submission followed by a competency telephone interview which lasted an hour. A week before the full day assessment centre, several hundred pages of networking material was provided as preparation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a technical topic of choice in layman's terms.   1 Answer

Associate Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Kraków (Poland)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied over their website. Phone screening, interview via voice call, and a final full day assessment. Manager interview, technical interview, role-play, presentation, group exercises.. The whole package. Travel expenses for the assessment are covered, and very well and timely organized. Overall very positive experiences with the process, interviewers, and the whole hiring staff.

Interview Questions

• If we would call your former colleagues and ask them about you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Associate Network Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Lagos (Nigeria)) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a telephone interview and an assessment center. I was contacted for the telephone interview the previous day. The phone interview was for an hour which was based on previous experiences and basic technical knowledge. The assessment center was in five phases; an HR interview, a technical interview, a role play, a presentation and a group work.