Cisco Systems Associate Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Associate Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a three part process involving a video, webex interview and an assessment center. The Assessment center involves a 30 minute interview a sales role play and a ten minute presentation on an assigned topic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

3 part process
    Assessment center took all day 8-5
    They give you all the information you need to be successful in the assessment center but doing more research is always beneficially
    I spent around 40+ hours preparing for the assessment center
    Company culture is great, they really do want you to succeed. Cisco is the company for me because I was able to show my humor but also be smart at the same time. I cracked jokes with all the assessors and had a great day. If you make it to the third round, have fun, no matter the outcome at the end of the assessment center. You're lucky to be there--enjoy your day, this is the hardest interview you will probably ever do. But it will prepare you for any other interviews. Great company to work for I am so excited to start!

Interview Questions

• What are two things Cisco is involved in
      Tell me something you are passionate about and persuade me to be passionate about it too
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the end of a 9 week internship program. the interview consisted of 1 phone screening. Two separate 1:1 video interviews. Two separate presentations(one was "What I bring to Cisco" and the other was just about yourself and why your interested. (both were 10 min.) last but not least we had a 45 min role play in which we acted as an account manager in a specific random scenario.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was completely behavioral questions. Such as: "Name a time when you displayed leadership under pressure?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Great people and work environment outside of the interview room. Was not sure what to expect during the interview process and spent too much time reading the technical manual. Also during the mock meeting and presentation, be prepared to deal with difficult personalities. The person conducting the information session acting as a client would not give me any information and set up a one in a thousand kind of situation where the client did not want to work with me. Very frustrating and made it near impossible to come up with an idea to present in the next round. Not sure what advice to give because the feedback they gave me revolved around not getting enough information from the mock client--which was definitely not my fault. Other than that, had a great next 2 rounds with really friendly people. I believe the first round hurt me and since they were only taking 10/40 people it made a huge difference, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• You don't have a people-oriented background, why sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, which was pretty standard. Questions included:
    Why are you interested in Cisco?
    What is the CEO's name?
    What makes you a good fit for the ASR program?

An interesting aspect of the phone interview was being told to "pitch" the interviewer on something/anything that you're passionate about. This was around March Madness so I chose the college basketball tournament fever. Made it to the next round.

The in-person interview process was the most intense I've experience. Create a powerpoint presentation for a ten minute presentation to a group of up to 5 people. Pitch a panel of 3 people on using a product of theirs. Then interview with 3 people who ask you the personal/behavioral questions (If you could have any superpower, what would it be?).

They responded via e-mail 2 weeks later (literally the last day that they said they might respond).

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

3 rounds, first was a phone interview, second, we had to prepare a video presentation and the last round is in an assessment centre which was however the most comfortable stage.

Interview Questions

• Why Cisco? Why not other tech company?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Different behavioural questions as part of the phone interview.   1 Answer
    • Video presentation - What makes a good sales person.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Paris (France)) in February 2017.

Interview

Reached over email first, then a 45min call a few days after and then had a 2min video to record about the qualities that would make me a good salesperson.

Interview Questions

• What are some of our core products, technologies, product and solutions? How do they work?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Brief technical exam-sales interview-personal interview-10 minute presentation(topic given prior to interview to prepare in advance)

The technical exam is not so difficult
    However for unexperienced interviewees, the sales interview could be. They do not seem to expect a perfect and ready sales rep. But it would be better if you can show a passionate yet convincing side. Feedbacks are given throughout most of the process which seemed very helpful

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco
      Why should we hire you?
      1 Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was held by phone, it took about 40-45 minutes, the first part of the interview was basic questions, like why Cisco, why Sales, are you ready to move to Amsterdam for a year.. The second part of the phone interview consisted of questions more related to personal qualities - describe a situation where you had to push yourself to reach a goal, was it successful and so on. The second round was taking a video using the Montage system, it did not take me long to prepare. I am waiting for the results of the video now.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you associate yourself with?   1 Answer