Cisco Systems Associate Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Associate Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The first interview was via webex and consisted of common behavioral questions. The second interview was a video submission - two minutes answering a specific question. The third interview is at the assessment center in RTP, North Carolina. It consists of a 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation, and a 20 minute sales role play. I recommend preparing, networking at the assessment center (remember names), and letting your personality show through.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all fairly expected; however, due to the dynamic nature of sales role play you can never expect what direction it will go. Just be flexible and use open ended questions to learn more about what the question is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer is amazing. Check the benefits package. Do you really want to negotiate?

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

3 part process
    Assessment center took all day 8-5
    They give you all the information you need to be successful in the assessment center but doing more research is always beneficially
    I spent around 40+ hours preparing for the assessment center
    Company culture is great, they really do want you to succeed. Cisco is the company for me because I was able to show my humor but also be smart at the same time. I cracked jokes with all the assessors and had a great day. If you make it to the third round, have fun, no matter the outcome at the end of the assessment center. You're lucky to be there--enjoy your day, this is the hardest interview you will probably ever do. But it will prepare you for any other interviews. Great company to work for I am so excited to start!

Interview Questions

• What are two things Cisco is involved in
      Tell me something you are passionate about and persuade me to be passionate about it too   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at the end of a 9 week internship program. the interview consisted of 1 phone screening. Two separate 1:1 video interviews. Two separate presentations(one was "What I bring to Cisco" and the other was just about yourself and why your interested. (both were 10 min.) last but not least we had a 45 min role play in which we acted as an account manager in a specific random scenario.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was completely behavioral questions. Such as: "Name a time when you displayed leadership under pressure?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a three part process involving a video, webex interview and an assessment center. The Assessment center involves a 30 minute interview a sales role play and a ten minute presentation on an assigned topic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, which was pretty standard. Questions included:
    Why are you interested in Cisco?
    What is the CEO's name?
    What makes you a good fit for the ASR program?

An interesting aspect of the phone interview was being told to "pitch" the interviewer on something/anything that you're passionate about. This was around March Madness so I chose the college basketball tournament fever. Made it to the next round.

The in-person interview process was the most intense I've experience. Create a powerpoint presentation for a ten minute presentation to a group of up to 5 people. Pitch a panel of 3 people on using a product of theirs. Then interview with 3 people who ask you the personal/behavioral questions (If you could have any superpower, what would it be?).

They responded via e-mail 2 weeks later (literally the last day that they said they might respond).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Great people and work environment outside of the interview room. Was not sure what to expect during the interview process and spent too much time reading the technical manual. Also during the mock meeting and presentation, be prepared to deal with difficult personalities. The person conducting the information session acting as a client would not give me any information and set up a one in a thousand kind of situation where the client did not want to work with me. Very frustrating and made it near impossible to come up with an idea to present in the next round. Not sure what advice to give because the feedback they gave me revolved around not getting enough information from the mock client--which was definitely not my fault. Other than that, had a great next 2 rounds with really friendly people. I believe the first round hurt me and since they were only taking 10/40 people it made a huge difference, unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• You don't have a people-oriented background, why sales?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online,then I was contacted a month after submitting my application to schedule a phone interview as the first step of the interview process. I have only had the phone interview so far, the next step of the process is to upload a video on YouTube, the interview was very easy, and the interviewer was very helpful when I had questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with administrative questions (GPA, companies where I've worked...etc).
      The second part of the interview was more in depth, I will share most of the questions i received
      Why are you interested in Cisco?
      Why did you chose to apply to this program?
      What do you know about Cisco products?
      What are my strengths?
      what are the most important qualities in a sales person?
      How would you deal with an angry client?
      How would you approach selling an item (for example a car) to someone?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I passed the phone interview, I still have to go through the next steps to get the offer.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Warsaw (Poland)) in May 2014.

Interview

1. Phone call - half in poslih half in english. Easy, what would you do if client... ect. Tell me about yourself - standards.
    2. Video - 2 minutes on yourself.
    3. A day at cisco - roleplaying + typical interview. Also a presentation on given topic (you receive topic in the email with invitation to the final round aside with few pdf to study)

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Very thorough and difficult interview process, but a great experience. It was divided into 3 stages, in order: Resume Submission, Skype Interview, 2 Min Video, and then a day at their Assessment Center. The process was very professional and timely in terms of receiving news regarding the next stage of the interviews. The people that I interacted with at Cisco throughout the process were fabulous!

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was held by phone, it took about 40-45 minutes, the first part of the interview was basic questions, like why Cisco, why Sales, are you ready to move to Amsterdam for a year.. The second part of the phone interview consisted of questions more related to personal qualities - describe a situation where you had to push yourself to reach a goal, was it successful and so on. The second round was taking a video using the Montage system, it did not take me long to prepare. I am waiting for the results of the video now.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you associate yourself with?   1 Answer