Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Boxborough, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online,
    one screening followed by an on-site.
    There were 3 rounds 2 people interviewed in each round.
    The interviewer will go in detail in whatever is there on your resume or whatever you speak.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

mostly technical interviews, be prepared to answer any questions about the technologies on your resume. be prepared to answer questions about previous job responsibilities, also have questions for the interview about the position

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions about routing protocols & switching   1 Answer

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Met one on one with 4 people for about an hour each. Schedule was worked out in advance, so I knew who I'd talk with. Interviewers had clearly read my resume. Asked questions about my actual experience. Answered all of my questions honestly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how agile development is used at your company, what works well, and what can be improved.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process started with a quick phone call to get a general feel about your knowledge in the field. The in-person interview had a supervisor, boss, and engineer ask questions about knowledge and experience. The questions range from past experience to hypotheticals and also practical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to troubleshoot a user's problem of not being able to reach the company website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

2 Phone Interview. 1 - HR, 1 - Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

• Given 3 systems: system 1 reaches 0xFF, then system 2 increment by 1. Everytime system 2 increments, system 3 would fetch the package. When can there be a problem? What is the problem with this system? How can we fix this?   1 Answer
    • They will give you the most random questions regarding DSP.   Answer Question
    • Write and derive any C programming Object on the board?   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

An initial phone screening with a recruiter, followed by a phone interview with a manager. On site interview with 5 people (the more people you talk to the better, as they will cut the interview short if they aren't getting a good impression). I talked to the site lead manager first, then 3 engineers, th

Interview Questions

• If your workstation cannot ping google, how would you debug the problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

85,000 + 8% targed annual bonus. They recruiter attempted to low ball me in terms of position and salary at first, as I am very young for the industry. I recommend sharing your actual salary desires and to not underrate yourself.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA).

Interview

Simple questions. Unfortunately I can't remember them, There was absolutely nothing hard about it, just tell them you'll work hard and you love to walk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

On-campus interview was entirely behavioral, with hardly any technical questions. It was almost too easy to be true.

The on-site interviews, there were three in total, were hardly different in that they were more interested in selling the company and the location to me instead of asking me any technical questions. There were a couple of brain teasers, but nothing beyond that.

Interview Questions

• If you have a square room with no roof, and you had four flagpoles you had to plant on the walls so that each flagpole touched two walls, how would you do it?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

On-site visit and interview with hiring manager, as well as, staff in the group. Explanation of product/technology developing. Group discussion answering questions about my previous work experiences and skill-sets.