Cisco Systems Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2 WebEx Interviews online - none in person which was a bit strange.
The HR rep and both interviewers were very friendly and helpful! Overall process was very efficient and received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions - Why tech? Why Cisco? Why BD?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

3 rounds:
    1st: This was a campus interivew, hardest since I was asked how to handle situations, tech questions and stuff.
    2nd: Hiring manager simple and easy
    3rd: IT Director, more of a conversation and to see if you can handle yourself in an intimidating situation.

Interview Questions

• How would u handle a application remediation of 2k+ servers and application ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity through campus fair which was organized in my college. I was called the very next day for one on one interview. Questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk about yourself
      2. How you can handle work in a team
      3. Went through the resume and asked questions about the projects that I have done
      4. Why Cisco?
      5. Why BA?
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied through my university career fair for the business analyst intern role.
    They emailed me and set up a campus interview. It was a behavioral interview with one interviewer and it lasted about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you could say anything about yourself, what would you say?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experiences working with a team. Difficulties or challenges? What went well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

On-Campus interview with only one round. Offers were given two days later. The interviewer was not really paying attention to the answers that I was saying. The interviewer did not seem knowledgeable about the work that cisco does and seemed like she had no ambitions apart from staying in her role at the same level. Quite a boring interview, could not connect.

Interview Questions

• Typical Behavioral Questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair. I was called in for an interview on my college campus about a week later, then after couple weeks I got an email saying that I received a second round interview via Skype and received an offer one week later

Interview Questions

• Lots of personality questions, describe past experiences, why cisco   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy - mostly behavioral questions for on campus recruiting. Interviews were scheduled after several on campus visits.

It's important to know about the company; know the leadership, what they are pursuing. Research Cisco before going in and talking to recruiters.

Very impressed by the turnaround time -- less than a week to receive my offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for the interview, interviewer greeted and talked about himself, then talked about my resume, behavioral questions about how I would deal with certain types of people in a group setting, told me more about his team in Cisco and the life there.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone in a group setting that is aggressive towards you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Campus representatives were at my university's supply chain management career fair, I went up to their booth and gave my "elevator pitch." After a bit of discussion, the Cisco reps invited me to interview with them the next day. The interview was about 45 minutes long and was composed of behavioral questions or explanations of my background. The next interview round was conducted over the phone, I spoke with the department managers about my qualifications and the job description.

Overall, I would say that the interview process was enjoyable and all the people I spoke to enjoyed their work. The interviews are easy if you are educated in what Cisco does and who they are. My advice: walk in/dial in knowing what attracted you to this company and understand what your personal strengths are.

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

I had one on-campus interview with an Operations manager and then a WebEx interview with another manager a few weeks later. Both interviewers were very nice and welcoming. Overall had a great experience and am now waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when... (had to lead a team, you disagreed with another,...)   Answer Question