Cisco Systems Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2013.

Interview

I went to CISCO office to attend my 1st round of F2F interview after clearing an initial round of interview with their vendor.

There was no proper greet from the vendor manager once I reached the CISCO office.
Neither anyone informed me what is their interviewing process nor about the number of rounds.
Later I was interviewed by a manager from CISCO who asked me several BA related questions to which I answered satisfactorily.It went on for 45 mins.
The next day I got a reply from the vendor HR stating that I got selected for the first round F2F and that they wanted me to visit them again next day for 2nd round.

Till that time I didnt know how many more rounds or what they were expecting,but they called me.

I went there ,reached CISCO office exactly at the said time, but to my surprise I did not find anyone there to greet me.

I called the vendor manager to tell him that I reached and am waiting for my interview to be done.He said he is on the way to office and I was left with no option but to sit there with no clue at their lobby.

After like half an hour passed ,vendor manager comes and says "U HAVE TO WAIT" no proper greeting as usual.

I asked him politely how much more time will the interviewers take to interview me.
He said I dont know and that he will call me.

I kept on waiting for like 1 hour after which they called me to be interviewed by a CISCO manager who said sorry for the delay and then asked me very few qs .That interview lasted for 10-15 min.
Later I was told that one more round of interview will be done.
And again I was waiting for like 15 more min and then came the CISCO manager who interviewd me for 15 min.

After 4 rounds and 2 days of interview ,they did not reply anything back to me yet neither the vendor HR got back to me.

This was the most horrifying interview experience that I have faced so far.
Overall I did not find it professional and this was just a wastage of my time.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online through their career site. Got a response from a HR rep. Initially a phone screening and then an on-site interview via Tele-presence with 3 of the managers in San Jose.

Interview Questions

• They were looking for very specific job experience which I didn't have in the area of Finance. The managers were mostly very conversational asking about career path and why I would be interested in the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

One on One interview, pretty laid back and relaxed

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

overall interview is easy, people are very friendly and they just want to know how you'd do as a team

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiate a good salary in the beginning as it gets tougher to get promotions

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of a phone interview by the hiring manager, followed by 3 more phone interviews with potential team peers. Then invited to an onsite interview with 2 more potential team peers. Mostly consisted of questions on how you would handle issues with coworkers, managers, challenges. They just want to see if they can work with you and how your past experience can transcend into the new position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have time to take a test? We would like to evaluate you with this test   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Contract position so take it or leave it. Pretty good offer for contract position however.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

3 phone interviews lasting for 30 mins each. No F2F. Loved the team and work culture ...got along famously with my manager. UNFORTUNATELY - they had budget issues within 2 months of hiring me and they had to let me go.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contract position so no negotiation. I got peanuts in the end.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Light phone screen and 3 rounds of interviews from 3 different folks. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation at work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

One phone screening by recruiter and then 2 interviews onsite..

Phone screening with recruiter was easy. He just asked about job experience, compensation current & expected, immigration requirement, location etc..

Had 2 interviews f2f.

Interview Questions

• What is the latest feedback you have received from your manager (or anyone) ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a bit and was fruitful. Try to negotiate initially if possible.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Was invited to initial interview after I talked to the recruiter at the career fair at my university. I had to apply online before the interview. The initial interview lasted 30 minutes and was very relaxed. The questions were mostly about what I had done in the past, what I had learned and what my expectations were for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a large company or a small company. Not unexpected but tricky in this particular situation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was sent by a staffing company and directly talked to the hiring manager. He was very pleasant with me so got hired immediately