Cisco Systems Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Business Development Manager

Cisco Systems Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

open, honest conversation about you, your history, goals and drive. Then they focus on hos that relates to building long term, trusting business relationships. Over all they are well recognized and have a smooth process

Interview Questions

• Work/life based, stress related and a strong focus on long term business relations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate base salary

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I would say the process is a little long. Part of it is the tax of a large company where there is a dedicated recruiter for each position and oftentimes, they do not coordinate well with the hiring manager. Cisco was going through a hiring freeze for a while so that made the process start and stop several times. Advice is to get in direct contact with the hiring manager because relying of the recruiter is not the most effective.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you think Cisco should get into and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited negotiation (given the economic conditions)... but definitely, everything is up for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

many interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I first had phone interview with recruiter, then another phone interview with hiring manager, then I flew out to the company location in Philadelphia and had in person interview with hiring manager and other stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Why you and not someone else for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was disorganized. There seemed to be disagreement in the position responsibilities from those that interviewed me. There was little follow up without my prodding and they seemed disengaged. I got the impression that employees were stressed and unhappy working there. It appeared that there is tons of bureaucracy and no one seemed to know how decisions were made. There was frustration that their opinion did not matter to mgmt. I felt like they thought their upper mgmt should be fired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big success in your career and your specific role in that success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a big failure in your career and your role in that failure? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Employees that i met did not seem happy working there. The bureaucracy looked frustrating and I had much better options for a happy job rather than to take the money (best $$$ offer I received). I figured that I would rather earn less and love my job than to make lots of money and be miserable.

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was thorough and professional. Got to meet a good mix of people. Co-workers and management from different functional groups. Was able to get a good picture before making decision. Interviewers was very helpful in describing and explaining the role and the company culture. The hiring process was well executed. Ample help from HR and hiring management to navigate through the onboarding process at ease.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question. Interview questions were job role related.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with recruiter. Followed up with multiple rounds with different managers. A month went by where I heard nothing back from the original rounds of interviews. Received offer after 2 months of initial application.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you faced a decision and made the wrong decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Going through the motions... if they already have an internal candidate, they have to interview 3 people for legal process. LOTS of work and build up when the hiring manager already knows you are not the one. Usually the actual manager will not even do an interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Sent resume directly to hiring manager, who responded and called me for a phone interview., followed by on-site interviews with hiring manager, HR recruiter, and two team members. The whole process took about two weeks.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in July 2011.

Interview

Professional and timely. Though to go through the complete process and get HR to act proved to be lengthy and cumbersome. The on boarding process was somewhat difficult too - one thing lacking in the hiring process though was initiation - Cisco has many tools and regulations that need to be communicated to new hires - this was not done at all.