Cisco Systems CSAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems CSAP Interview Questions

3.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Step 1:
Create a 2min video about CISCO

Step 2:
Video conference interview (30min)

Step 3:
Fly to San Jose

Conceptual exam (10min)

Basic interview questions (20min)

Present about a topic directly related to the company and what it does. They expect specific examples and stats (10min)

Faux-Client role play with a lot of background information about the client's needs (20min)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were two webex interviews on the computer and that was it. Didn't know that I got the job until late March. A pretty slow process overall. Almost everyone that got a job offer knew someone at cisco, so that seems to be a key factor. Overall, the interviewers were nice, but one of mine didn't seem that interested.

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in March 2016.

Interview

NOT EASY! 3 stage recruitment process, 1. Telephonic interview 2. Video presentation on topic provided 3. Assessment Centre.

MY telephonic interview: It lasted just over an hour, I was asked basic information about myself , work history and behavioural questions with examples. I was provided feedback on the spot which displayed that the interviewer was attentive.
     SUGGESTION: Do your research on Cisco; what Cisco does , when it was founded, their products etc. While they will not ask you these in depth however it will be good to touch on what you know.

Video Presentation: If you make it through to the second round you will be provided a topic to present a 2 min video presentation. Use this opportunity to show your personality and ability to explain sometimes complex ideas in a simple way.

Assessment Centre: At this stage of the interview you will have an idea of the amount of preparation required to get this job so use the time provided to prepare as much as possible then RELAX! Dress well, be confident and let your personality shine without being a clown. There will be an interview, test, presentation and roleplay....the chances are you and other candidates have put together similar information in your presentations but find ways to differentiate yourself from others by being fun, informative and professional at the same time.

NB: Ensure communication is not one way so ask questions, smile and try have fun. Even if you do not get the job you will learn a great deal through the process

Interview Questions

• Assessment Centre: Which area do you feel still needs development? Provide an example when you had to make an unfavourable decision?
      Why Cisco?
      Describe your ideal working situation?   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Interview

good interview, few different phases, tough interview, looking for sales opportunity, very fast hiring process, Good training program, managed to speak with the line manager, HR manager, and also the Senior level manager

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First stage was CV application.

If successful next stage is a phone interview. Standard questions really, why would you like to work for Cisco? What interests you about the CSAP program? A few competency based questions. If you answer well the next stage is a video response to a question.

The question to respond to was "Why do you want to work in sales at Cisco?"
    Try to make your response as creative as possible.

If you pass that stage, the final stage is an assessment centre. Around 25 people attended and 7/8 were offered jobs. When I attended at least half the people in the room, if not more, had connections within the company.
    Tasks on the day was a technical test (easy), 30 minute interview, 10 minute presentation and 20 minute sales role play. The role play is the most difficult task so make sure you prepare for that one.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Cisco over Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc...?   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2012.

Interview

You apply online. If you are selected, you are invited to first submit a video presentation of 3 questions you are asked, then if you do well you go on for a video interview using cisco webex. If you pass that then an in person interview at a location of a cisco partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe your technical background? A very broad question, plan what you are going to say. Make sure to be specific and provide examples.

Describe a time a team member was not carrying his weight? How did you handle it?

How do you deal with stress?

Tell me a time when you had a lot of work to do? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Fantastic process to really find if you will fit into the company culture!

Interview Questions

• What's your view on today's Internet and if you could change it what would you change   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2012.

Interview

First 2 minute video
    Second telephonic interview
    third Assessment centre

CSAP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2011.

Interview

I have applied for CSAP then I received a call from the recruiter. She asked me about the company and it products, also she asked about my projects and my accomplishments.

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied through a recruitment agency website. I got a call after three days for application screening and after one week, I was interviewed for almost 45 minutes. Questions about the CV, the company, the products, why do you wanna join us type of questions as well as some competency questions. After two days I received a call from a recruiter saying that I passed and arrived to the next stage of the application process which is a question and you answer it in a video you would upload in you tube and send the link to the recruiter. The question was why do you want a job in sales. After one month, I received an email that I passed and arrived to the assessment center.

The assessment center was a good experience. It involves a little test about products Cisco has. After that, you would be interviewed for almost 45 minutes. Then you would have a role play ( I messed up in this part as I am really not a sales guy ). Then, you would give a presentation about a topic which is given to you earlier.

At the beginning of the assessment center, they had a little presentation about the role and your future career in it. This made me frustrated as it turned out not to be the job I want and this made me lose my enthusiasm the whole day.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your weakness? tell about another weakness? Tell me about another weakness?   Answer Question