Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Chennai, India | Glassdoor

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java/UI Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview started off with a hackerrank problem set which was communicated over the phone. The problem set had questions about output of closures and 3 data structure problems which were pretty basic. Then I was called for a F2F interview where the first interviewer asked me backend questions. Pretty basic question regarding java and how we implemented microservices , topics and its configuration etc. Then I headed to the UI interview, here the interviewer behaved as if it was a quiz rather than an interview she asked rapid fire questions and was interested to get it over with as soon as possible. She asked documentation related questions like what is the difference between on and live in jQuery etc. Then I had an architect interview. The interviewer was friendly and we had a pretty good conversation. At the end the HR said he has gotten a positive feedback about me from all the interviewers and they said they'd get back to me. I didn't receive any reply from them about the how the process went.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between on and live in jQuery   1 Answer
    • Without using the id of the setInterval function, how will you cancel all the intervals in your page?   1 Answer
    • How would you draw a circle using css?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Program Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was one round of Aptitude then a pre placement talk. Selected students were asked to move forward to the Group Discussion. Selected students from the GD were moved on to the first technical interview. The interview was fairly technical. Lots of questions on networking were asked. Three rounds of technical interview and then one of HR was conducted.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if I give you two million dollars?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)).

Interview

3 Technical Rounds.. First round is written test, second round is data structures, Algorithms with 2 panels. Third round more of deep c++ questions like threading, bitwise and Linux. Last is Managerial round.

Interview Questions

• Semaphore vs Mutex.. Explain and give Real time example.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)).

Interview

it was an online round with full of c and c++ questions. it was most of data structure. there was also apptitude question that was asked. those were data interpretation mainly

Interview Questions

• write a program for swaping without using a temp varibale   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)).

Interview

There was a written test conducted Chennai Wide. I came to know of it through my friends. It was a easy round with some aptitudes and C/C++ objective questions. I was through in it. Then they called for a face-2-face interview in Cisco Chennai Campus.
    The interviewer asked some puzzles[2] and then some questions on my resume about the current role in my company. They also asked 2 programming questions related to easy string manipulations. Overall it was good.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions.
      1. Tell me about yourself. Interviewer asked me this and as soon as i started, light went off. I also stopped speaking. Then the interviewer says kindly continue. i can listen to you. And i continued until the lights came.[30 secs]
      2. I was explaining something and then he went on asking how do you do that and tried to enter deep into that. I understood that he has deep knowledge on that topic. Thus, i poiltely told that particular module is outsourced to another company. Thats when he said that "This is where i have spent 15 years of my career." And the interviewer went on explaining. I was listening to him politely and asking him further questions on "oh. i get it now. Nodding as he was explaining for half an hour".

he was very happy with my overall interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotitation. I accepted the offer as it is.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

The process took nearly 4 weeks. Initially, there was a telephonic technical round which i cleared and the following week i had attended the interview here in chennai office via TelePresence. 3 technical rounds in depth of data structures, generics and collections in java, Web services and Cloud computing. Most of the questions were difficult to answer, few questions needed intelligence and logical thinking.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Got more than what i expected. Hence, accepted the offer without negotiation.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Saw an opening in a job portal and applied and then got the call next day from one of the consultancy. And they fixed an appointment on the next working day. Had to wait for 10 minutes in the office lobby before HR took me for the individual written test on C. After clearing that attended two back to back technical rounds by two managers and later again another round by a group of managers and then a HR round. I got the offer letter on the same day and joined after two months. This happened 6 years back and ever since I didn't leave the company.

Interview Questions

• Some brain teaser was an unexpected one though I answered it correctly i.e 1 out of 8 similar looking weights is odd one and need to find that in two weighings.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Should have negotiated more. Didn't have experience in negotiation then. Didn't get what I've asked for.

Engineer TestEngineering III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds of face to face interviews. A lot of puzzles were asked. Interviews had focus was on test case development ability. The Interviews were scheduled on two days. Result was informed in 3 days.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Cisco came on campus for the interview process during my 3rd year of my undergrad as an electronics engineer. They had an initial written test which tested your knowledge of English, computer logic and basics of C. There were 2 interviews. The first interview was mainly technical with simple queries regarding networking technology - OSI layers, protocols basics and some basic questions in C. The interview was totally relaxed and I made sure I was open and honest and did not try to answer queries I did not know about. There was another round of interview which was basically an HR interview . They asked me how I would deal with a difficult co worker or manager and they also asked me about other accomplishments apart from my academics.

I received the offer an hour after my last interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions that I answered. If there was an unexpected question, it would probably be about Cisco's Internet Operating System about which I had no clue at that time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview panel was very friendly . They made me comfortable and less tensed . The best thing about this company is that, if u have talent even though in some other field , not just software side ,they will hire you for sure. I have attended many interviews , but as far as i know this company interviewing method is the best

Interview Questions

• Explain the working of ping command ?? I am an ECE student , so this seemed a but difficult .   Answer Question