Cisco Systems Consulting Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Consulting Systems Engineer

Cisco Systems Consulting Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Internal transfer, and was offered the job without any real interview

Interview Questions

• How would you like to join sales?   2 Answers

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

Interview

in my case this was extremely fast. i've interviewed in the past and the process was very slow. you have to go through at least 6-7 interviews. in previous interviews there is a panel. This position was on hold for 6 months. I applied and 2 months later i got an email from the CSE whom i've known for a long time asking me if i was still interested. i got a call from the MSE later that day. 48 hrs later i completed 7 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Trying to understand the position and what it entails. CSE isn't like a typical SE position at Cisco. You have to be able to articulate your answers. There wasn't too many technical questions probably because of my 15 years experience and being a CCIE already.   2 Answers
    • what does SDN mean to you?   1 Answer
    • what does big data mean to you?   1 Answer

several offers on the table from various companies.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Several telephone technical interviews followed by several deep and intense technical and business level interviews. I was thoroughly questioned on the technologies that I was expected to be a subject matter expert for. I was also thoroughly questioned on the state of the markets and what were the most important areas of technology that I thought were going to impact organizations world wide.

Interview Questions

• What technologies do you see as being the primary focus of the industry in both the near (couple of years) and long (five years+) terms.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, some people talk to 8-10 people before reaching a decision. You will talk with to-be peers, management, people in other job functions. You will also talk with the management organization you will be supporting. Interesting questions but you don't talk to the sales people you will be supporting.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, things like major successes, how did you handle certain situations, technical skills. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by local head hunter, went thru 3 rounds of phone interviews and one session of telepresence. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly technical and common sense questions, nothing out of ordinary.   Answer Question

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

1. Data structure;
    link list , stack, queue, tree, binary search tree ,
    2 Algorithmic programming ,
    3 some problem solving in coding
    4. python ,c coding
    5 some questions on work experience

Standard procedure
    he recruiting process starts with your application. Browse through the open positions. When you're ready, click Apply and complete the entire profile process, if you haven't already done so. You will receive an email confirmation if you successfully applied for the position. Your resume and profile can now be viewed for consideration by the recruitment team.

Selection

The recruitment team will reach out to applicants if there is a current match for the position. You can always log in to your profile to view the positions for which you have applied.

Interviewing

For onsite interviews, arrive 15 minutes early to allow enough time to register as a visitor. For online and phone interviews test your Cisco WebEx connection prior to your scheduled interview time.

Research Cisco and the interviewers through social media and our Cisco website
    Review the provided job description and be able to speak to your key strengths relevant to the job
    Be prepared to discuss anything listed on your resume
    Prepare answers to relevant interview questions
    Dress to impress

Consulting Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

3 Video Interviews with Recruiter, Hiring Manager and extended Team.
    Onsite Interview over TP with HR, Recruiter Hiring Manager and SME from other Competence Area;
    Description of the Threat Landscape and how it envolves. What are Threat Vector No. 1?

Interview Questions

• couple of Cybersecurity Question, especially Threat Landscape   Answer Question