Cisco Systems Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

phone screen..techincal too and then 6 guys were interviewing during that time..lasted 2 hours

The interview was good..i mean nice people but be prepared in depth as its Cisco so they expect a lot and if you have certs..then be proud of them...let them hear it :)

Good luck

Interview Questions

• - STP..the works: BPDUs, RP, DPs etc
    - DHCP IP helper concept
    - Mac address, multicast, unicast
    - some analytical questions..like how to troubleshoot a link down,,,,what steps
    - project handling skills etc

- Some basic BGP and OSPF questions..like AS path number, load balancing OSPF links   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a college recruiting event, and I got an 1:1 interview with an alumni. The interviewer was nice and professional. She asked several general first interview questions and some technical questions. The technical questions were pretty straight but not tricky. If you got CCNA or CCENT Certification, you will be fine with those technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the different between C and C++?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something about TCP and UDP.   2 Answers
    • What are you going to do when you got an angry customer on the phone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with Cisco's head of Customer Support Engineering. This is an entry level position so most of the questions had to do with my course work in school. The interviewer was very helpful in positive and negative feedback regarding my experience and overall situation regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at dealing with different people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in January 2007.

Interview

Extremely difficult phone interview over an hour. 5-6 engineers on the phone asking technical questions across all subjects - Unix, Routing/Switching, Voice, Oracle, etc. In-depth discussions about protocols, RFC/IETF specifications, signaling flows. No trick questions but they quiz you on everything on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe the call flow when using XYZ protocol including supplementary service delivery.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in January 2009.

Interview

Definitely know the OSI model and the basics of networking. Minimum expectation is to have at least CCNA level experience. Then also be prepared to talk about your experiences in working with customers, kind of like a high tech call center. People/Soft skills are as important as technical skills, though few managers value that.
    EXPECT the STAR interview technique, like tell me about a time.
    Be prepared to answer any and everything on your resume. I interviewed for a technical position but my CV stated I took an Accounting and Market course in Grad Schol. I was asked to tell the Porter's five forces.

Bottom line, be prepared to defen your resume in it's entirety.

Interview Questions

• Tell me Porter's Five forces   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the OSI model   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work in a team environment. What conflicts did you experience and how did you handle them?   Answer Question
    • Explain the whole process of a computer booting up in terms of the OSI model and when you enter www.yahoo.com.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of management regarding a Customer Support Engineer position in the Durham/RTP location. He was pleasant to speak with and had a positive vibe about the individual, the position, and the company. We scheduled a call the following day, and he asked to meet 30 minutes ahead of schedule which worked out better for me. The entirety of the call the manager has a strong and positive attitude. Wished he would have my resume in front of him so he could have asked more relevant questions as opposed to just me volunteering details.

Interview Questions

• How much exposure do you have on collaboration?   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

First round was a phone call, followed by a skype call. It ended with Cisco Day where we had back to back interviews. We also had to present during Cisco Day to a small group (I only had one person to present to). This was a topic you had selected before and had researched.

Interview Questions

• *Given a diagram* Your grandma is having trouble getting to Google. How are you helping her?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process was one in person interview and about 4 phone interviews. The in person interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. It was informal and laidback. They asked about background knowledge and some behavioral questions. Past this round one of the phone interviews was technical.

Interview Questions

• When you type into your browser www.cnn.com and click go describe what happens in the background to load the webpage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through college recruitment. First there was a writting exam of techinal terms and a small interview of 15 minutes. One month later I had two assessment days where I had more interviews, a laboratory challenge, english exams, chat with managers and senior engineers, and they want to know how do you work in team. The assessment day last 8 hours and food was provided.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted, requesting a phone screen. This was just basic behavioral questions. I then had a webex, this is the video conferencing software they use, interview where technical questions were asked. After this, they sent me a case, where I had to solve a customer's problem and prepare a paper and powerpoint slide with the resolution. A Manager interview and technical interview concluded the interviewing process.