Cisco Systems Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Customer Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.3

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial Call followed by a 30 minute non technical interview. After passing this there is a minute long presentation video that has to be submitted. In addition to this there will be a two hour block set up where there will be a 30 minute non-technical interview followed by an hour long technical panel.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Few screening phone calls from HR, team members. Followed by on site interview.
    Onsite interview with technical team members, project managers and couple of managers.
    Interview with director also over the phone during onsite visit with local hiring team.
    Technical interview based on skills required for the role applied and some times with tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Why you are leaving your current employer?
      Challenges faced in current jobs and previous jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Everything on glassdoor has been spot on. HR interview is trivial and standard, with some basic problem solving situations (I didn't have networking experience so my situation was car trouble). Next is Cisco interview challenge which is basically unanswered questions from their customer support forums- a cheap way to outsource your tech support I suppose. Neither the manager or the two technical leads were interested in talking about the interview challenge, but the interviews themselves were quite nice. All persons were amicable and the technical round wasn't even too rough despite having only a basic understanding of important topics like the OSI model. Now just waiting for the yes or no.

Interview Questions

• "Describe the layers of the OSI model, provide an example of a protocol for each"   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The response to my resume was fast and I was able to quickly set up a web interview after my first contact. I made it to the final round which was a 30 minute interview with the manage and an hour long interview with two technical leads.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Berkeley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

30 min in person interview with current team members, then a 30 minute interview with a manager and an hour interview with technical leads. in addition, had to prepare a technical email and a mock powerpoint slide for a nontechnical manager. after about 5 weeks, i got a request for a background check. then about 2 weeks after that, i got a call with the offer.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process was one in person interview and about 4 phone interviews. The in person interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. It was informal and laidback. They asked about background knowledge and some behavioral questions. Past this round one of the phone interviews was technical.

Interview Questions

• When you type into your browser www.cnn.com and click go describe what happens in the background to load the webpage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through college recruitment. First there was a writting exam of techinal terms and a small interview of 15 minutes. One month later I had two assessment days where I had more interviews, a laboratory challenge, english exams, chat with managers and senior engineers, and they want to know how do you work in team. The assessment day last 8 hours and food was provided.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

First round was a phone call, followed by a skype call. It ended with Cisco Day where we had back to back interviews. We also had to present during Cisco Day to a small group (I only had one person to present to). This was a topic you had selected before and had researched.

Interview Questions

• *Given a diagram* Your grandma is having trouble getting to Google. How are you helping her?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in February 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of management regarding a Customer Support Engineer position in the Durham/RTP location. He was pleasant to speak with and had a positive vibe about the individual, the position, and the company. We scheduled a call the following day, and he asked to meet 30 minutes ahead of schedule which worked out better for me. The entirety of the call the manager has a strong and positive attitude. Wished he would have my resume in front of him so he could have asked more relevant questions as opposed to just me volunteering details.

Interview Questions

• How much exposure do you have on collaboration?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, in a week got email and call from TA partner for Cisco. Few basis questions via email related to you work, salary, relocation, etc etc.
    Next round was webex for 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• technical and non-technical questions. Resume based questions.
      Firewall installation, VPN t'shoot, traceroute, IPS.   2 Answers