Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Cisco has a pathetic interview process. It has been more than 50 days since my second interview but I haven't yet heard back. HR is also not replying. I got a call from career fair in my school. The first interview was scheduled the next day face to face with one of their engineers. This was technical interview. One month after this interview I got call for another interview. Second interviewer was some Manager and this was behavioral interview - standard HR questions. After this I got an email which said that my applications is under consideration. I haven't heard back from them after that. I don't understand why do these guys hire recruiters if all the interview process is so miserable and poor.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of strings find the common prefix. e.g. -> (Cots, Cot, Cotton, coterminal) Ans: cot   1 Answer
    • If in your server you are frequently getting "Out of memory" error what all things will you check.   1 Answer

Data Center Customer Support Engineer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a recruiter email me asking me about 10 questions on why I would want to work at Cisco, then her next email was wanting me to explain my background and my certifications as my college degree was not in computer science...I already had the feeling I was not going to be a fit for what they were looking for but regardless I guess she had to make her quota.

Interview Questions

• What is one tool that can be used within the vSphere command line?   Answer Question
    • Name several ways that DRS can be configured   Answer Question
    • Describe 2 ways that vSphere handles memory resource management   Answer Question
    • What is the main VMware management tool used for vSphere hosts   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a little slow initially, but once on the inside, things picked up quite a bit. I happen to be interviewing at the end of the fiscal year, so that could have attributed to the longer than usual process.

Interview Questions

• What unique offerings do you feel Cisco brings to the IT industry?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with 2 managers from Cisco. They asked two easy technical questions, but since it was my first interview at the time, I struggled a little bit. That lasted about 70 minutes. I didn't hear anything back about that position, but two months later I received a letter of intent for a different position at Cisco down in Austin, TX. After passing a background check, I received an insultingly low offer, and they didn't respond to my negotiation request. Turned it down for a much more appropriate offer.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo code for your favorite sorting algorithm. Write a method that determines whether a number is prime.   Answer Question

Partner Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Very in depth, very straight forward. Overall happy with the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward and easy.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX).

Interview

-Friday, September 17th. Cisco Sales Engineering Manager referred me to a Sales Engineering Opening he recommended me for. Applied online.

-Friday, October 8th. Receive a calendar invite (a Microsoft, Outlook .ICS file) via email. Since the email contains an attachment from an address I’ve never communicated with it goes to my Spam folder where I find it around Noon local time. I whitelist the address and have to open it with a text editor to actually read it. Invite states “10:30 - 11:00 08 Oct. I will call you. Send me # to call -T”. Replied back that I wasn’t available until later that afternoon and provided my contact # and a block of time to speak. Also noted I was leaving for vacation the following week but provided several times later in the week that I’d make myself available. I found it odd that I wouldn’t get an email, or a call, just a calendar invite with a couple hours notice. I can’t Accept, Decline, or Propose a new time, and I can’t tell what timezone the thing is in either.

-Sunday, October 10th. No reply email back, just another calendar invite (Outlook.ICS file) from T. Invite is for Monday and states “16:30 - 17:00 11 Oct”. Reply back that the time doesn’t work and that as I’d already mentioned, here are several times that work later that week.

-Wednesday, October 13th. After not hearing anything back I sent an email, re-stating the times that worked for me, and requested that we nail down a time to speak.

-Thursday, October 14th. Receive another calendar invite. Invite is for that day, “12:30 - 13:00 14 Oct” I will call you”. I replied back confirming the time and provided my contact information.

-Thursday, October 14th. After 10-15 minutes waiting for this guy to call, I email him while waiting, asking him to call me, did something change, do you need to reschedule? Nothing. Never mind it's my vacation.

-Monday, October 18th. Sent email asking if T what he wanted to do. Provided several times I was available.

-Wednesday, October 20th. Receive an email from T with his phone# to call him. Called him back and finally spoke with the guy. He apologized for not calling the week before, went on about how extremely busy he was, that he misplaced my resume and could I send it to him, had to run but that he wanted to schedule a call for the coming Friday morning. Since he couldn’t tell me a time that worked I told him my entire Friday morning would be set aside to get this done. T said he’d send me an invite later that day (that he never did)

-Thursday, October 21st. Left voicemail and sent email asking if he’d nailed down a time for Friday morning. Later that day I get a calendar invite “07:30 - 08:00 Friday 22 Oct”. He provided his # for me to call him at. I replied back, and confirmed time.

-Friday, October 22nd. Called at 7:30am and could hear that the guy was going through an airport. He said he couldn’t speak (no, really? gate change announcements, foot traffic, background noise) and that he would call me that weekend to set up a Video Conference for Monday.

Monday came and went, never heard from the guy. I called him and would always get his voicemail, leave message, nothing. Later in November T sent an email saying he wanted me to drive into a Cisco office for a Video conference but he didn’t have a time set up, so very busy. I replied back and put the ball in his court since he’d flaked out so many times. Never heard back (shocker).

I clued in the employee who referred me to what I'd been dealing with but it's not like he can call the guy out for bad behavior, didn't want to get involved. Had to figure T had another candidate for the position or maybe the requisition was frozen, in any case there was no motivation to manage the interview with any amount of professionalism, or concern for people's time. And it's not like we were talking about an opening to push a broom over there, it's a senior level Engineering opening. I interviewed at Little Caesars for minimum wage in highschool that was better managed than this goat rodeo.

BTW- While all this was going on, was also interviewing with a competitor. They actually knew how to interview and valued my time. I accepted their offer.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

5 people - standard questions - nothing remarkable. Meet the people above and beside you, spend time with HR - who still don't understand what every position does so you end up having text book conversations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Why masters?
    Detailed explanation of all the projects I've done.
    Courses taken in Masters.
    Where are thread variables stored and process variables stored?
    Difference between stack and queue?
    Any implementation of stack?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the team manager. He first introduced what the team are doing now and then ask question based on my resume, from my projects to the behavior questions such as, how is the teamwork project. After that, a mentor form the team came and asked some programming questions in details. I was given three pages of code and asked to tell him what the logic of the code is and how it will be if programmed in Java.

Interview Questions

• Tell the logic of the given code written in a language I do not know.   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by three people inluding manager. Techincal questions regarding Core Network, EPC, LTE. Feedback is very slow and try to point out negative aspects so they can offer less salary. Be steadfast in your value and demand a higher compensation package. If you dont have a job then your out of luck. Negotiation is tough.