Cisco Systems Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Director Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

2 days, first day was an all day affair where you talk to 5-6 different managers. Second day is more one on one with hiring manager. I got the offer at the end of the second day of interviewing. Overall process was objective and fair but quite time consuming.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for Cisco in this capacity?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very nice and accommodating. I had a referral from a current employee that certainly helped me. I had six interviews, all of which were fair and with impressive people on the Cisco side. The interviews were video discussions and I highly recommend you take the time to set up your space with no interruptions so that you can focus. This seems to ve very normal procedure for Cisco and many companies I'm sure but with nowhere at work and not a great place at home, I had to put real thought into this.

Interview Questions

• Primarily drilled down on key attributes of the role and how my experience will fit to that. No case studies or the like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 telephone interviews, 1 in person. I was contacted repeatedly by email to set up a time that the recruiter and I could discuss an opportunity they had and would like to discuss with me. We had multiple telephone interviews and then a face to face with the hiring SVP.

Interview Questions

• What global experience do you have managing and contributing to global sales operations?   1 Answer

Job was offered as being able to be done from my current location. Upon the final interview, it was changed that they would need to role located in San Jose, which was not in my family's immediate plans or availability. They offered moving expenses and upped the offer, but it still did not fit our plans.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2014.

Interview

After being funneled in via a friend who worked at Cisco (it's very difficult to get visibility to actually talk to someone, they get so many resumes on any one opening), I spoke to the corporate recruiter who very thoroughly vetted me and made sure I was fit for the role. Following this conversation I was tee'd up to have 10 video interviews on WebEx. You need to be ready for using the technology. I found that it was distracting seeing myself on video so I actually would put my image off the screen so that I didn't look at it, only at the interviewer. After 2-3 weeks of video interviews they flew me in to meet some people face to face and offered me the job. It was a pretty intense process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the industry trends that you think are most important to customers...
      Why do you want to do this job? Why leave your current role?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

At least 5 - 6 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for more stock options

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2013.

Interview

Cisco hiring is all about consensus building. No tough questions, all interviewers are polite and professional so you have to just guess what they may say about you !!!.... If everyone likes you, you get the job. Cisco pays very well so don't be surprised if the offer turns out to be better than what your recruiter socializes with you.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about your capabilities and results. Some discussion of customer situations and problem-solving skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Very confusing and misleading interview process. I applied for a Director position on the website in October 2012 and got an email from a recruiter who wanted to schedule an interview. Had a good conversation with the recruiter about the position, but she informed me that I would actually be perfect for one of their other Director positions they also had open. She really pushed for this other position, so of course I agreed to interview for it. She said that the hiring team had already reviewed my resume and wanted to move forward with me as a candidate for this position, and would get back to me in a day or so with further details.

The next day she contacted me and was excited to tell me that they had eliminated all the other candidates and wanted to move forward with me. They had even closed out the job posting on their website. Obviously I was very excited and felt that this was going to be the perfect position for me. She set up an in-person interview with one of the Senior Directors on the team for the following week.

The following week, in November now, I had my in-person interview, which was really a teleconference video interview, with the Senior Director. We only had 30 mins, which was practically nothing, but we had a great conversation about the position. She basically used the 30 mins to tell me how great of a fit I was for the position, and was almost trying to "sell" it to me. As our conversation came to a close, she stated that she was very excited to move forward with me, but she had to just talk to her peers, and would be contacting my recruiter for the next steps.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...a week goes by and no response from anyone. I finally contacted my recruiter and she said she was still waiting to hear back from the Senior Director. At that point I felt like something was a little off, but I gave it some more time anyway. A few days later I got a call from a different recruiter, who apparently was also working on this position, and she informed me that the Senior Director wanted me for the position, but they found someone else who was a better "fit". The recruiter also mentioned how I was "lead on" to believe I was moving forward with the company. No kidding!? She also told me that the Senior Director was going to send my resume off to her husband, who was apparently the VP of the department, and that they wanted to consider me for yet another position.

So I waited...again...no response from anyone. I emailed the recruiters for some type of feedback, but got nothing but the silent treatment. Fast forward to today, March 2013, I happened to check their website for new positions, and came across the same job posting for the same Director position I had interviewed for 4 months ago. They had re-posted it a few weeks back after taking it down during my interview process. Hmm, ok...so what happened to the other candidate they were going to hire?

I sifted through my emails and contacted both recruiters that had worked with me on the position and both of them gave me different answers. My original recruiter, who first contacted me about the position, told me she wasn't working on that position anymore, but said they had changed some of the requirements for it and were still interviewing people. The second recruiter, the one who actually told me they had someone else in mind, told me they still had a "finalist" for the position and would let me know if anything changed. Ok so you have had a "finalist" for the past 4 months, yet haven't put them into the position yet? And if you have someone for the position, why re-post the position on your website? Something definitely doesn't add up.

All in all, this entire interview process was a joke. I felt entirely lead on to believe that I was the prime candidate for this position. At no point during the process was I made to feel that they were even considering other people for the position, quite the opposite. I'm not sure what happened, or why I'm getting different answers from recruiters, but if this is they way Cisco treats their potential candidates, then one can only imagine how the treat their actual employees. Definitely a frustrating experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions at all, the interview was really just a conversation about the company and the position, and the Senior Director "selling" me the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for 2 x Director positions; first one was a by 4 people, 2 directors and 2 VPs. Second interview was by 10 different interview sessions, one of which was an 8 person panel.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to be able to support us from where you are located?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Interview

very good long process but a good process

Interview Questions

• Had to give examples of where I had done things in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quite quick and easy

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews (7) in total with various people within the company who would be engaging with me on a day to day basis both from the group I would be reporting to and the clients I would be supporting.

1st interview was a telephone screening, followed by several 1:1 interviews or varying degrees of complexity. Some were easy, more a get to know you interview others were more focused and relevant to the role that was being hired for. I had 7 interviews that apparently I am told is a small number for Cisco, this is not only to ensure they get the right fit from a culture perspective and Role but to help create your network on joining the company if you are successful in being offered the role.

Interview Questions

• - How will you fit into the culture of the company, everyone is focused on Cisco as a family culture
      - Questions on relevant skills relating to the role
      - Previous experience
      - Previous success relevant to the role
      Answer Question