Cisco Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through university career job board, and got invited to interview after 11 days. The interview process includes a 45-minute technical phone interview followed by decision to continue with another round of technical interview. The questions were related to design, data structures, algorithms and basic coding.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary tree, return the zig zag order of the tree.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2013.

Interview

Very technical interview process with a panel from the team. While the technical questions were tough, the panel made the entire experience very pleasent and provided immediate feedback.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. The group asked questions specific to the job.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

I had the interview in a conference.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Cisco system pretty good

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I sent my resume through the internship program at my school (UC Santa Cruz) and received an email from Cisco Systems. We set up a time to have the interview by email. The phone interview was with multiple employees and consisted of questions such as: what are your hobbies, give an example of a project you did at school that could be used in the work environment, describe yourself, etc. The environment was very friendly and I received another email stating that the hiring team liked my interview. We later talked on the phone and he offered me the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you had to make in the past few months?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Review any skills that could be used in the job offer, practice general interview questions and practice specific career path interview questions (Engineering, Business, etc).

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

very indepth on some technical aspects. Some were relaxed and asked overview of things worked on and wanted to fit in my experience into many areas.This was internal position so did not ask too many questions and also the people who asked it were knowledgable only in certain areas so they were concentraing in those areas only.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I first had an On Campus interview with a former graduate from my school that currently works for Cicso Systems. I then got an e-mail saying that I was accepted to a 2nd round interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• In the first round interview, they asked a few behavioral questions. Such as:
      When was the last time you worked in a group?   Answer Question
    • Explain in detail a project you worked on in past summer internships? There was also constant questions to clarify the technical aspects of the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very confusing; the recruiter kept forgetting to notify me or the interviewers of the right time, planning was all mixed up. I got two exactly the same interviews with all the same questions, while one of the parts / topics of the interviews mentioned before by the recruiter in the beginning, seemed to be forgotten in the process. Finally, I got a lot of very 'strange' questions, that didn't concern any particular knowledge, nor experience, but seemed to serve just to confuse me. So I was asked many times why I wanted to work for Google, but with this very suspicious style of asking it, as if I was actually hiding secretly not willing to work for Google.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Went through a relatively short phone interview, followed up several days later by a series of one on one interviews with 3 different people at the company. Pretty much industry standard stuff. Over the phone it was the usual get to know you and behavioural type questions followed up by technical and riddle type stuff in the one on ones.

Interview Questions

• * You are given 2 eggs.
      * You have access to a 100-storey building.
      * Eggs can be very hard or very fragile means it may break if dropped from the first floor or may not even break if dropped from 100 th floor.Both eggs are identical.
      * You need to figure out the highest floor of a 100-storey building an egg can be dropped without breaking.
      * Now the question is how many drops you need to make. You are allowed to break 2 eggs in the process   5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. Hesitant to deal with me since i was an outstation candidate. But it so happened i was going to be in town around that period and so managed to get an interview scheduled for that period. Walked in and waited for a while before getting to meet the hiring manager. Had a 30 minute one on one that was more of a personality/aptitude test rather than a technical interview. I thought i did a pretty good job but was informed the following day that i was rejected. Luckily i aced another interview the following day at another company. The day after i received a mail that i had actually been selected at cisco and that they mistakenly sent me a rejection letter. But i was happy with the other position and declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• how differently would you approach a hardware design problem as against a software problem?   Answer Question