Cisco Systems Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Engineering Manager Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview lasted 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What are the things you would do as a manager of a global team to work together cohesively?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Pretty typical, resume, phone interview, in person interview, call back, offer/negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience in the networking business.   1 Answer
    • What challenges have you overcome that have made you successful in your prior experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was typical and fair.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Short interview. No surprisoing questions. Very narrowly focussed on networking. Seemed to be disconnected with applications etc. spoke to 7 people from various job levels. Fairly predictable and no surprises.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewers were very knowledgeable and nice to me. It took long time to complete the interviews with all the Senior Managers because of their busy schedules. My interviews were directly initiated by the hiring manager as I was referred internally by one of my friend.

Interview Questions

• There are 2 colleagues in your team A and B. A is senior and is very skilled and B is very energetic and enthusiastic person and is very productive. A has some complains about B's attitude as B has been praising Mr. C very much in front of all the people. A comes and talks to you saying, it should be the act which should be praised, not the person. How will you handle this conflict?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation was possible for me. I was told it's the best offer they can give to me as per company's standard scale.

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2009.

Interview

Applied through the company website but also forwarded the resume directly to the HR recruiter. (I got the name of the recruiter from a contact within the company). This was a phone screen with the recruiter and had the typical questions about why you left your company, how many people you managed, etc. This is used to determine if you will be presented to the hiring manager. The recruiter was willing to share where I stood with the competition.

Interview Questions

• What have been doing during this time (of unemployment)?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2009.

Interview

Three rounds of interview - one technical and two related to management.

Negotiation

Around the base pay - excluding the benefits during foreign travel.