Cisco Systems Finance Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Finance Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied on-line and 2 weeks later I was contacted by a Cisco Recruiter. We talked about my skill set and she said I was an ideal fit for the position. She sent my resume over to the hiring manager for review to see if he wanted to interview me. I didn't hear anything for 6 weeks. On a Sunday night the local HR rep had me fill out an electronic application. It took 45 mins to fill out application. The next day she set up an interview. I interviewed with the Director of Finance and Business Finance Manager via telepresense. I got a call two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with some who didn't want to work with you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you developed process that directly effected the bottom line.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Research the hell out of salaries in your area and be in the ball park.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was formal w/ the direct manager talking about org structure and problem at hand. Then 2 representatives from the business unit (which the position wld support) were scheduled to interview. The first one was a techie and had questions around systems and tools. The second was a former business analyst who had moved on to other roles within the company.

The first interviewer asked questions not pertaining to the job position. He forgot that the position wld support him and not join him in his role. The second interview was better because the questions were more aligned w/ the role expectations.

Interview Questions

• Situational Question: How wld you go abt solving a data integrity issue between 2 reports showing the same metric but different values?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter in the beginning. Pretty standard behavioral interview as the recruiter just wants to make sure that you are a sane individual and have the requisite skills and competence for the job.

First on-site interview is with the hiring manager and she screened me for skills to do the job. She also did most of the talking, I also interjected with comments and/or questions at the opportune times.

Second interview is with the hiring manager's peers and manager. Mostly behavioral questions as they want to make sure you are a good fit with the company and that you are a team player.

Got the offer letter two weeks later.