Cisco Systems Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Met with 4 individuals separately over the telephone. Each had a core interest in the role since they were supported by this financial analyst.
The first interview was face to face but others were over the phone since they were located in other states. Each interviewer was pleasant and the questions were fair and related to the role at hand.

Interview Questions

• Experience with multi-tasking.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

30 min interview with an employee from the Credit Risk sector
    Behavioral interview with mostly going through the resume
    Didn't really ask too many questions. It was basically more of just a conversation with a professional
    We ended off the interview with just me asking him questions about the work that he does

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?

Walk me through your resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Cisco came to campus recruiting for summer internship and full time positions (Marketing, business analyst, LIFT, etc.) I submitted my resume at the info session and was chosen for a first round interview for a summer internship. It was basically just a conversation: s(he) introduced themselves, gave their background, I got to ask any questions I had about Cisco, they asked 2-4 situational questions, I asked some more questions and that was it. Overall took 30-50 minutes, very relaxed process. I was not chosen for the second round interview (at their Raleigh Campus).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation like XYZ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Most questions about how your experiences can be applied to the job titles. Normally there would be two more interviews after the phone screening. However, there was 99% chance that I did not pass the phone screening.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Super organized and fast interview process. The recruiter was great and always kept me in the loop at every step of the way and answered all questions within a day. Overall great experience. Started with initial phone screening with the recruiter then a WebEx meeting with the hiring manager then a 3 hour long interview with the rest of the team. It was definitely more for "fit" vs. technical knowledge since at that point they only asked very minor questions relating to job history. Received an offer within 3 hours of leaving the final round. They also conducted a very thorough background check.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The entire process consisted of six rounds of thirty minute interviews with various executives within the Cisco organization. Each interviewing was very friendly and knowledgeable. The interviews were done over WebEx.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your were proactive, and not reactive.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was not based in the location so I had one interview over the phone and one over Skype. Both interviews involved mainly behavioral questions, personality quizzes, and the standard get-to-know-you stuff. Also some technical questions were thrown around such as my previous experience, knowledge of Excel, how I work with others, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe your professional background   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

From what I remember the interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. I don't think I had a phone interview and I only did one face to face interview with my manager. After the interview I was asked to connect with the on-site temp agency in order to get the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone conversation. Then you take a test. Then they call you in for a face to face. They then set you up in a group panel type interview. Everyone would then in turn ask you different questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions varied. The questions range from personal history to qualifications.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with the head of the finance rotation program and it was focused on behavioral traits (leadership, work ethic, etc.). The next two were a week later and back-to-back. The first of these interviews was much harder with more behavioral questions as well as questions about my background in Microsoft Excel and in-depth questions about recent spreadsheet projects. The second of these interviews was much more relaxed with basic behavioral and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• How would explain what an accrued liability is to someone?   Answer Question