Cisco Systems Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

Received an email from a Cisco recruiter to set a phone interview. I had my phone interview with the recruiter the next day. The recruiter was very friendly and the phone interview was easy and basic. Received another email a week later to set up for a one on one interview with the Hiring Manager. I had the interview a week later. The one on one interview was very difficult and intimidating. I knew I was not getting the job, because I couldn't answer most of the questions. The interviewer was not friendly and the interview was one hour long. I was ready to walk out from the moment we started the interview. After the one on one interview I was given a skills test. My advice is to thourougly revise your GAAP and IFRS knowledge before a Financial Analyst job interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

I applied to this job through my school's online recruiting website. First interview was 30 minutes and was entirely behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2007.

Interview

I had 3-5 phone interviews, and about 6 back to back, live interviews (this occurred in 1 day). It was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• If you were a Cereal what kind of Cereal would you be?   5 Answers

Negotiation

Yes, I was. Give your highest number because that is where your negotiation will start

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter reviewing resumes online. I was invited to sit with the hiring manager after 2 rounds of phone interviews with several recruiters. I felt as though there was a good match for the position however they must have felt differently.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Got contacted by the recruiter the day after the career fair. I set up a 1:1 interview and got a second interview by phone.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Responsiveness for interview scheduling was quick and professional!
    Interviewers were very pleasant.
    The job position was explained thoroughly and no difficult questions were asked.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic - no technical questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Approximately three interviews are held over WebEx. Two of the interviews should cover situational questions and what's on your resume. The final interview should be more technical and cover questions specific to corporate finance or accounting.

Each of the interviews was about an hour in duration with a different member of the organization, and they were back to back to back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between cash and accrual accounting?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

1 Behavioral interview over webex that was very casual with someone in the finance department. No technical questions except for general stock price, etc... , The next round is 2 back to back behavioral/technical interviews over webex with hiring managers that are also very casual questions about your resume and then some easy financial technical questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview

The process was straight forward. Applied through Cisco Careers website and received a call from the recruiter.

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    - Basic skills and level of experience with each skill that was on the job description.

2. Phone interview with 2 hiring managers
    - Specific questions about relevant experience based on the job description

3. In person inverview with the same 2 hiring managers and VP
    - Behavior questions
    - Personal interests
    - Experience and background related questions
    - Education related experience