Cisco Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

manager phone call, discuss my background, project that i have done. manager talk about the project they are doing and what role that i will do. and give my some time to ask question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There were 5 people from different function groups to ask very professional questions.
    Also those questions were directly related to the job task and not very academic type questions. Besides technical capability they cared about it, team spirit was another focus. HR person didn't involve into the interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was the task you were proud of it in the previous job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in person. Across a table in an cubicle. He asked me questions about myself, interests and how i got to where i am today. It was relatively laid back but he also seemed pretty intense. It was nice because they gave instant feedback, no long pauses but would respond with "Oh thats good to hear, thats the kind of person we are looking for" type responses.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Unconventional format, two interviewers asked me my background and essentially flipped the table and had me ask them the questions. They brought up a couple of questions that related to the teams that I said I was interested in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

On-campus interview. Only 1 technical question about low pass filter, high pass filter, bandpass filters. Most questions were about my projects and what I did on them, information I put on my resume. Asked me what I was interested in and why. (EX: DSP, Digital Design, Networking, Power,etc.) Gave me a brief overview of what the interviewer does and what an intern would do.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

There was a phone screening with the hiring manager followed by a four-hour interview with engineers on the team. The team was very friendly and helpful; the interviews seemed more like normal conversation. Overall, a very pleasant, stress-free experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked technical questions, situational responses, and about past experiences.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Phone call. Talked about what they do and what I like to do to get a feel for the work. Discussed mainly coursework and projects, Very enjoyable conversation with a smart, down to earth manager. Very personable. The call lasted about 45 mins. The manager told me about his background and the company background as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you studied in your classes. What did you do for this project?   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer did not spend much time on pleasantries and began the interview almost instantly. The tone of the interview was formal but not in an unfriendly manner. The questions involved microprocessor design, OS concepts and implementation of data structures. Several of the questions involving data structures were open-ended. The interviewer was also interested in evaluating my knowledge of memory management in C-programming.

Interview Questions

• How would I implement the lists data structure of Python ?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2014.

Interview

This is a campus interview. I have been selected into the next round at the end. The most part is about your resume. He asked many parts about it and then moved to some technical part. Because it is a HW position, the man really care about the experience of HW. Also considering the Cisco company's feature, I think the guy who interested in these kind of job needs to know something related to the SW. The interviewer talked me the work over there needs imagination and knowledge both on HW and SW.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was held on campus. I went to Cisco's information session and got a chance to talk to one of the hardware engineers at Cisco. I told him about my self and made sure that he remembered me. I handed him my resume and he told me that he will see me tomorrow at the job fair. I went to the job fair and found him, where the interview was taken.

Interview Questions

• How would you get 30 minutes if you know that a rope takes 1 hour to burn and there are two ropes, but they burn non-linearly   1 Answer