Cisco Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed in person. Across a table in an cubicle. He asked me questions about myself, interests and how i got to where i am today. It was relatively laid back but he also seemed pretty intense. It was nice because they gave instant feedback, no long pauses but would respond with "Oh thats good to hear, thats the kind of person we are looking for" type responses.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview

Two round, first one, meet with the manager. Second round meet with group members. My boss is nice. They asked some questions about the resume, but not too much. And some basic questions. I guess they want to know how do you think when you have a problem.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

This was my second time going for an interview for the same position.

I originally applied online/ visited the company at my career fair as a Sophomore and landed an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of a progression of technical questions that you should know from the classes that you have taken. The interviewer will start off with basic questions (I am an EE, so we went ahead and looked at KCL and KVL stuff), and then progress into harder questions that ultimately depend on your current class level, and how well you payed attention in your classes. This first experience was smooth, and although I did not land the position, I felt that I had a positive experience overall.

Second time around however, was awful. I went through the same process of applying online and visiting them at my career fair. I was contacted by a recruiter that I have landed an interview that was going to be held on my campus. After confirming that I would like to take that up, my recruiter failed to contact me ever since then, and I kept getting emails from the company saying that the deadline to accept the offer was approaching. After contacting my career services, I found out that they apparently made a mistake, and that I should be expecting to do a WebEx interview a month later. A month later, I got contacted by another recruiter saying to schedule my WebEx interview. I went ahead and tried to do that, and AGAIN, no response from that recruiter as well. I ended up receiving two interview requests, but failed to do both due to the fact that no one followed up with my dates. After speaking with my career services again, I was told that no one from university recruitment at CISCO was even following up with any of our career counselors. No communication at all (which is sad since they recruit from our campus quite a bit).

I went ahead and visited CISCO's booth at next quarter's career fair, and was basically blown off by the recruiters when I asked if there were any more openings, and what had happened. They only told me that the position filled up quickly, and that is why I did not even get an interview, despite being offered it twice.

Go CISCO!

Interview Questions

• First Question: Two equivalent resistors in series with a positive DC voltage. Find the current and voltage across each resistor.   1 Answer

Cisco Systems Response

Mar 31, 2016 – HR Representative

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience and completely understand why you were frustrated. In the future, I would reach out to the recruiter listed in the portal with the job posting, or ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (La Jolla, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied via my school's job portal. They were having on campus interviews so I thought it was a good chance. I, unfortunately, did not know that they would ask me to draw logic gates from their truth tables and didn't refresh on it. It was not that difficult since it was an intern position I was applying for. He asked questions about logic gates and drawing their circuits. There were also many questions about projects I'm doing, but I wasn't able to draw the schematics since that wasn't something I'd committed to memory.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about 20 days after I applied. I had a total of three interviews: one over the phone and two over WebEx. During the phone interview, the recruiter explained the role, benefits, etc. The first WebEx interview, week after phone interview with recruiter, was with the hiring manager who mostly explained the role and asked about my interests. A week after the interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter contacted to move forward with a technical interview with a with a team of 4 engineers (at once) and ~30 minutes long over WebEx. They mostly went over the resume. Two weeks later, recruiter reached out saying that I got the job. From initial email by the recruiter to the offer letter, the process lasted about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty good so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was held on campus. I went to Cisco's information session and got a chance to talk to one of the hardware engineers at Cisco. I told him about my self and made sure that he remembered me. I handed him my resume and he told me that he will see me tomorrow at the job fair. I went to the job fair and found him, where the interview was taken.

Interview Questions

• How would you get 30 minutes if you know that a rope takes 1 hour to burn and there are two ropes, but they burn non-linearly   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overall, it was a positive experience. I had 2 phone interview, pretty basic and some technical questions. They kept it pretty basic. We went over my resume which included school activities, extra-curriculum, any relevant experiences etc. I had the opportunity to visit the campus and met different managers.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied through my school and got an interview with cisco. Had behavioral and technical questions. The technical questions consisted of digital logic design and basic circuitry questions. They also asked about previous projects and what activities are you involved in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview.

First 20 minutes is behavior interview, discussing with a HR.

Second part is also 20 minutes and about technical questions, discussing with a manager. But I mainly talked about my projects and internship experiences on my resume and finally the manager briefly introduced some background of this job (Supply Chain). Unfortunately, it was not quite matched with my study.

Later I received a email

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Phone call. Talked about what they do and what I like to do to get a feel for the work. Discussed mainly coursework and projects, Very enjoyable conversation with a smart, down to earth manager. Very personable. The call lasted about 45 mins. The manager told me about his background and the company background as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you studied in your classes. What did you do for this project?   1 Answer