Cisco Systems IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.5

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was pretty straight forward. I received an email from the IT director and was invited to apply for a position. I applied and a few weeks later was given an interview date, it was the holidays so my interview date was after the holidays. I interview over their webex conferencing. Interview went well and I was told to look out for something from HR. Needless to say it's now been over 2 months and I haven't heard back from them. A little disappointed, I was really looking forward to showcase my skills for them.

Note: I only gave a negative experience due to the lack of contact post interview, a courtesy would have been to send a we are looking at another candidate or something of the sort.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Not a bad interview process. Some of the questions had nothing to do with knowledge and more to do with thinking on your feet - initially it throws you off guard.

Interview Questions

• How many pennies would it take to stack the Empire State Building?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2015.

Interview

Everything was very pleasant.

I first had phone interview with the team manager, who'd sent me an email because I'd applied for Cisco a few months prior for another position and hadn't received it, but I was on Cisco's 'list of possible candidates' for this position (or something like that). He was a nice guy, asked me some basic behavioral questions, talked about the position and Cisco. Overall, he made me feel very comfortable and excited about the position.
    After this, I had a set of three half-hour interviews with various members of the team, one after the other. These were all done through WebEx (Cisco's meeting/messaging system) and all went well too. More behavioral questions, asking me about my past projects and other topics on my resume, as well as talking about Cisco and everything.

After that, I received a verbal offer literally four hours or so after being done with the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took a different path/thought of a different solution or idea than your team and how you stuck by it and how you were able to represent it well.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Initially applied online with help from a former colleague. After a brief phone screening, I was advanced to a 1:1 interview. The interview was conducted on WebEx, which was a video program similar to Skype. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very informative. It was mostly designed to get a feel for personality and understand why Cisco and why this specific position.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

it was a on campus interview, they have two interviewers. and the questions are mostly behavioral questions. the whole process took about 25 min. its my first interview ever so it didn't go well for me cuz i'm nervious.

Interview Questions

• not really any unexpected questions. one question is that whats the difference between struct and class.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with the recruiter, very brief, roughly 30 minutes. The interviewer was five minutes behind schedule so my interview started late which threw me off a bit and it seemed slightly unprofessional as well. Overall it was a good experience, very casual atmosphere and laid back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed online through my career center with my resume first. Next, they contacted me for an in-person interview. I met with one woman who asked me completely behavioral questions and took notes on her laptop - probably filling out a form she uses for everyone as the position was part of their university connection program. She was very nice, but we didn't talk about anything on my resume once.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I spoke with Cisco recruiter at my university's career fair and really hit it off with her. We spoke in-depth about my resume for a good 20 minutes and about 3 weeks later, I got an e-mail about a screening interview. The screening interview was quick and painless, asking basic questions about work eligibility and a few behavioral questions. After that came a behavioral interview with one of the IT managers at Cisco, and it was a very laid back conversational interview. Received an offer about 4 days after the second interview, and the entire process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about figuring out the number of cars in the US?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interview was filled with behavioral questions. It was a very laid back, quick interview (30 min). Many scenario questions were asked, so prepare for that as well as questions like "why are you studying your major" or "what would you say is most difficult about working with groups?"

Questions are asked off resume as well. I was asked what BFS is and how to implement it but that question came up after discussing one of my projects.

Interview Questions

• If a teammate was not delivering their work, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied via an employee referral. Contacted me towards the end up September to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a manager who asked a few behavioral questions and specific resume questions. Overall the interviewer was kind and easy going. It ended on a positive note, and I heard back about a month later with an offer email.

Interview Questions

• None really. We talked about my past positions and what I did there. The typical leadership questions came up.   Answer Question

Had a different offer that wouldn't require an eventual move.