Cisco Systems IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems IT Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial interview with the hiring manager. Focused on more detailed explanation of the position, since the posting was quite vague and broad based. Once the position was explained we discussed my background, strengths, and examples of relevant accomplishments. Ideally, the manager is looking for a more technical person, so my background, MBA/marketers the past 6 years and previously a mechanical engineer, didn't ideally fit the need for a software engineer with at least some business background.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an average product manager and an excellent one?   1 Answer
  • Why is Apple better at design than anyone else?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Folks intervieving candidate have no clue of what they are asking. They have no clue what their roles / technical skills. The interview panel was not consistent about their ideas/requirements.

Interview Questions

• Please develope a data validation test for the sales orders for FY10   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Manchester, NH) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview process is difficult to describe. I was part of an acquisition, and was absorbed into the larger company. My skills and abilities were taken into consideration and I made a lateral job move, with a slightly different job title.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions had to do with the specifics of networking   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. The compensation offers were made in official documents.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview process is good.
    One needs to be very sure about the job requirement and do some research before attempting the interview.
    As a contractor it always through one of their prime vendors.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part of the interview is when asked to provide evidence.
      Multiple round of interviews and at the response time is slow. One needs to followup.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the project location.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

Positive initial communications with recruiter, separate in person interview with the hiring manager, project manager and two program managers.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

My interview took place over the phone and was a fairly straightforward process. The questions were primarily behavioral and about why I was interested in the company. The majority of the interview was small talk about myself and some from the person interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you disagreed with the opinion of a person in authority and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

To get hired at Cisco you have to go through a process starting with the info session then career fair. From there you will be assigned a interview time if you are a good candidate. There are two interviews one in person another over WebEx. Both will be similar Cisco wants to make sure you fit its culture and you have a good knowledge base so show some personality and brains.

Interview Questions

• For analyst its more so how you work with others so expect a lot of behavioral questions regarding personality in groups.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate start date easily for the most part. Now as far as Salary, and location they both can be negotiated but could hurt you if you are being to greedy. East coast students asking to be placed in San Jose could cause more problems.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Was for an on campus interview. The interviewer was a 20 something guy who showed up 45 mins late, and was completely unorganized. At the end, I asked him what kind of career path I could expect, and he answered me by saying "don't expect any raises or promotions for a while."

I am assuming I got a bad egg as far as the interviewer went...

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I came in as a contractor when they were still pretty small. To be honest, I didn't even know who they were until I was working for them and found out how good they were.

Interview Questions

• This doesn't really apply. My process was pretty easy although now it is a lot tougher with a lot of levels and input from various hiring managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much to negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Applied via an employee referral. Contacted me towards the end up September to schedule an interview. Interviewed with a manager who asked a few behavioral questions and specific resume questions. Overall the interviewer was kind and easy going. It ended on a positive note, and I heard back about a month later with an offer email.

Interview Questions

• None really. We talked about my past positions and what I did there. The typical leadership questions came up.   Answer Question

Had a different offer that wouldn't require an eventual move.