Cisco Systems Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.2

521 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Firstly, we had online test consisting of aptitude and technical questions, the latter being more in number.
    Technical questions were from c and c++ and also a few from microcontrollers and some other electronics subjects.

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

5 rounds 1 apti,2 techncial,nxt round where they askd me abou my goals and career and final hr round..Frst round was on computer networks and next was on c/c++(whatever language u hav in ur cv).they were testing my approach and thinking.They were also very friendly and told abou the job description and what work we r goin to do,

Interview Questions

• OSI layer,functions,oops concept,access specifiers,encryption,abou urself,job description(yes u shud know ur job descrption).(MORE DIFFICULT QUESTIONS ARE ASKED FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER INTERVIEW).they came for support so they tested commnction skill,passion for problem solving and basic knowledge. Thats it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Firstly there was a Mcq Round that was full of aptitude and technical questions . There were total 50 Mcq's that was supposed to be done in 60 min.
    After that there were 4 rounds.

Interview Questions

• Round 1:
      1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Reversing a singly linked list.
      3. Check whether the given array of elements is a heap or not.
      4. Write test cases for both questions and explain how you go about to generate test cases.

Round 2:
      1. Storage classes in C. Where do you use them?
      2. volatile keyword and its usage in C and Java.
      3. What does static do in case of static variable and static function.
      4. Write a recursive function to print the numbers from 1 to 100 with the parameter passed being 100 using recursion. Explain the recursive stack.
      5. Explain what happens when an interrupt occurs. Also explain the various layers and events involved when a process context switch occurs.
      Note: All the above questions were not directly asked. They were asked based on different scenarios.(Except in case of the recursion stack question).

Round 3:
      1. What is the best example that one can use to explain the concept of networking to a layman?
      2. Why Cisco?
      3. What is your field of interest?
      4. What designation do you prefer?
      5. Questions about things in my resume.
      6. Questions about project.
      7. What other company interviews did you attend? Why did you fail to be selected?

Round 4:
      1. Tell me what was your most difficult obstacle in life and how did you overcome it? What were the preparations that you made?
      2. Areas of interest.
      3. Where do you prefer to be placed? (Had option to be placed in Bangalore/Pune).

Result: Didnt get placed as Software Engineer in Cisco.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Vellore (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Round 1 - MCQ questions having a mix of aptitude, quants and technical
    The questions were easy.
    Round 2 - Technical Interview
    The interviewer tested my knowledge on data structures. Asked me about AVL tree, sorting algorithm, etc.
    Wasn't selected for the 3rd round
    Round 3 - HR Interview

Note - Interview process didn't had any order. At the time my round 2 started, others round 3 was already over and were selected, minimizing thr probability of my selection

Interview Questions

• Check a loop in a linked list   Answer Question
    • An array of size n contains numbers from 1 to n-1. Only one number repeats, find the number.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Written Test, Technical Test, Face to Face Interview. You need to be well versed with technology and tools related to tech writing. Dita, Agile, SDLC process are given at most importance. Ability to self learn and improve process will be highly looked into.

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Mysore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. The panel didn't let any stress to build up. They started on a very casual note. It was a technical interview.
    First round was technical and next round was HR interview. Those who were selected in technical were called for HR, which was on the same day .

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

Interview

An initial Online aptitude test of 50 marks (20 quants, logical + 30 technical) was conducted and the candidates were filtered in a ratio of 1:10.
    The interview consisted of 3 rounds, technical, managerial and HR with the candidates filtered after every round.
    The technical interview was focused mainly on how good we were on the topics mentioned in the resume. The questions were majorly from computer networks and DBMS. I was also asked general questions such as why did i choose computer science and where have i applied cs in my real life.
    The managerial round revolved around one major question "How would you solve Babgalore's traffic problem?" and counter questions based on my response. They were basically testing my approach to solve the problem keeping various aspects in mind rather than an appropriate technical solution.
    The HR round was easy and I was asked basic questions like Tell me about yourself, my plans on higher studies, co-curricular activities in collage and few situational questions on leadership and team work.
    Overall it was a very wonderful experience. The panel were very friendly and made sure we felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What happens in the background from the time you enter www.facebook.com on your browser to the time contents of the web page are displayed?   Answer Question
    • Different layers of OSI model and uses of each layer along with protocols that fall under that particular layer.   Answer Question
    • How did you set up an apache server on your laptop?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose computer science? Where have you applied cs to solve your real life problem?   Answer Question
    • Difference between C and Python   Answer Question
    • When will you use C and when will you use Python?   Answer Question
    • Pseudo code in C to list all the files in a directories   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Coimbatore (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

First round 60 aptitude + reasoning + verbal + technical Domain Knowledge
    Second round Technical - puzzles
    Third round Technical - technical domain questions
    Managerial round - Asked about my Projects
    HR round General Questions

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The first round was a technical aptitude test.30 questions in 40 minutes.also consists of ece questions.Equal weightage to both computer science and electronics questions.Was of average standard. The interviews were technical and HR rounds and consisted of networking questions mainly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very Good Interview basically they asked a coding question and some basic technical questions about CN OS and linux.they came for an intern ,and full time .please be bold and please present yourself honestly,dont be lazy code it and take real world examples.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions on Os,CN one coding question basically it was quite easy.   Answer Question