Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

interview was not too bad, mostly asked fit questions to see if you can hold conversation and see if you would work well in Cisco environment. very reasonable interview for summer internship

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Intern Interview

Interview

Recruiter hired us from the college directly.
    Candidates were informed by colleges after the selection process. Candidates were selected based on their prior experiences in related projects, more experience candidates got the preference.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in networking projects ? (This was for an intern)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Somone, emailed me saying there were intern projects available, I responded saying want more info, got back had 2 interviews. one on a resume, second technical. first went on for about one hour on phone about what courses/projects I had done. the second interview was on webex with some coding involved. some linked list and some string problem

Interview Questions

• interview 1) resume, projects in detail, interview 2) coding, c-->linkedlist, strings etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Webex interview with different members of the team. Traditional technical interview asking for algorithms of sorting arrays in the preferred programming language. Then behavioural questions of leadership, teamwork and previous experiences in similar projects. Finally open questions to get to know more the team and culture of company.

Intern Interview

Interview

One technical round and one HR round.Technical round will test you on some CS basics.HR round will test ur attitude towards work.
    Both were telephonic interview and each last for about an hour.
    They will ask you about the tech experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe the technology stack for implementing some web app requirement?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2016.

Interview

Cisco came to career fair and then offered me an onsite interview the following day. In person one on one technical interview on campus for about 45 minutes. In order to get the internship you just had to pass the on campus technical interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2016.

Interview

The whole process took 2 weeks. Applied through an employee referral and online application. Interviewer was nice and welcoming! I mostly answered behavioral questions and questions about my background. The interview went well, but was rejected two days later. But overall, it was a good, timely interview. I would definitely apply again once I get enough experience because it is very competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (College Station, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast. I applied on university's website and got a schedule to interview 2 days afterward. They first asked some questions about myself and some basic algorithm questions. The interview took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self. Why do you want to work at Cisco?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through website, got mail to set up phone interview, single round of phone interview, full technical, went over my resume and discussed project details and technical questions about data structures, programming basics( java , python, c, c++). Few network related questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (College Station, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair at my university. Got the interview immediately for the next day. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my resume and after a few words where I explained I wasn't a computer science major and had spent more time learning advanced hardware than software, he tuned me out. I explained to him that I had a decent software background and he asked me some questions about different software related fields and protocols for their routers. He was not very interested however and kept looking out the window and to his watch. Overall very unprofessional interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that copies a string to the next location in memory.   1 Answer