Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2016

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

First applied through my careers database. Had a phone call with HR to see what my interests were/ what team I wanted to be on. Then had a phone call with an analyst who was full time, asked a few accounting questions but it was mainly fit. Then had a call with a senior level manager and got the job after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be at Cisco/   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Very relaxing, it was 4 interviewers with 30 minute intervals each. 2 were managers and 2 were members of the team. Interview with managers were very casual, just having an every day conversation. 2 team members had more team related and situational questions and also personality questions but were fairly easy as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2015.

Interview

Interview very well had interviewed twice call me back to keep me updated then they went with another person for the position with more experience so I thank them for the opportunity and be looking for the future I may be hearing from you again what's the offer again

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2015.

Interview

They were asking couple of a basic questions. The interviewer was not very friendly or supportive. The tone used was very intimidating. It was more like initial screening. He asked a couple of logical questions and few SQL and Java questions. Also, concepts of databases like normalization were asked in detail.

Interview Questions

• How will you design databases management system for a college?
      How does Java do garbage collection?
      How is Java platform independent?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied for an engineering intern position through the online application system. Received an interview. The interview surprisingly had no technical questions and focused mainly on my past work experience. At one point, however, my interviewer made me very uncomfortable by suggesting that if I got the position, it would be because I am female instead of my existing computer science qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you got the position, knowing that it is because you are female?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial application process, then a phone interview. The second round interview took the form of a short video conference interview. The interviews were fairly informal and mostly about background experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in presenting technical information in a non-technical way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I met a Cisco representative at a career fair, and then was asked to have an in-person interview soon after. It went by quickly, and I had my interview shortly after. It consisted of mostly behavioral questions, the recruiter went through my resume and was very nice about the process. Nothing technical, just make sure you know your qualifications well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco?
      What is a time when you had to work in a team?
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

I went to career fair and spoke to the person from Cisco. Later that day, I received a call from the person asking for an interview. The interview went pretty smooth. Just basic questions like how would you describe yourself, and why would you want to work at Cisco. The interviewer did ask a question relating to demand planning, which was related to the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• If Cisco created a new product, how would you know how many to manufacture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, got an intervew in a week or so. Interview consisted of few behavioral questions, few technical questions, and a puzzle-kind of a riddle. Questions weren't too hard. the puzzle was a lot of pressure though. Behavioral questions about effective communication and team-work environment experiences.