Cisco Systems Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.7

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

All this took place in August.
first round: written test on campus
second: technical interview on campus
third : behavioral interview
fourth: HR to discuss location, etc.
Got the results right there and then , however the offer letter came later in January after several mix ups. Make sure you have some sort of written communication with them

Interview Questions

• written had C and logical questions.
    Technical interview: Basic networking OSI model, Cisco Packet Tracer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got an email asking for an interview on campus few weeks later. Had a one on one with an engineer from the company. Was told I would be notified more later on.

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple, went over resume, asked a few questions about projects listed on resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Handed in my resume at career fair and applied online and got an interview a couple weeks later. It was online through WebEx. They asked a bunch of typical behavioral questions and questions about my activities and stuff. Then had me share my screen and code some technical problems. First was a difficult data structures scenario I tried doing but struggled with. He asked me some questions and we discussed a bit but he then gave me an easier problem and helped me work through that. Got an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• If you had the coordinates of all the stars within a galaxy (or something along those lines) and you wanted to find all of the ones within a certain distance from earth how would you do it? Asked to code the classes/data structures for this.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

First applied through my careers database. Had a phone call with HR to see what my interests were/ what team I wanted to be on. Then had a phone call with an analyst who was full time, asked a few accounting questions but it was mainly fit. Then had a call with a senior level manager and got the job after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be at Cisco/   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Very relaxing, it was 4 interviewers with 30 minute intervals each. 2 were managers and 2 were members of the team. Interview with managers were very casual, just having an every day conversation. 2 team members had more team related and situational questions and also personality questions but were fairly easy as well.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2015.

Interview

Interview very well had interviewed twice call me back to keep me updated then they went with another person for the position with more experience so I thank them for the opportunity and be looking for the future I may be hearing from you again what's the offer again

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2015.

Interview

They were asking couple of a basic questions. The interviewer was not very friendly or supportive. The tone used was very intimidating. It was more like initial screening. He asked a couple of logical questions and few SQL and Java questions. Also, concepts of databases like normalization were asked in detail.

Interview Questions

• How will you design databases management system for a college?
      How does Java do garbage collection?
      How is Java platform independent?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied for an engineering intern position through the online application system. Received an interview. The interview surprisingly had no technical questions and focused mainly on my past work experience. At one point, however, my interviewer made me very uncomfortable by suggesting that if I got the position, it would be because I am female instead of my existing computer science qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you got the position, knowing that it is because you are female?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial application process, then a phone interview. The second round interview took the form of a short video conference interview. The interviews were fairly informal and mostly about background experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in presenting technical information in a non-technical way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My university has a program partnering with Cisco and I applied to the university program first. After passing the university interview, I was referred to Cisco. About three weeks later, I interviewed with two managers back-to-back. I received a letter of intent a day later and the rest of the process took about two weeks. The interviews seemed like normal conversations, they were super welcoming!