Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3,861 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was initially shortlisted for CX, and went through 2 rounds of interview for it. They decided I was better suited for the Engineering role. There were another 2 rounds of interview,
    One tested algorithms, operating systems knowledge and general stuff.
    Other round was based on resume.

Interview Questions

• Given a sentence of words and text of words separated by whitespaces, find out whether the words in the sentence occur in the text any where in any order. (All words must occur at least once for a positive test case)   5 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interviews (both audio). Both behavioral and no technical questions asked about data structures or algorithms . Seemed quite unprofessional and unprepared. They not only changed the duties of the role but didn't explain the position clearly until second interview. The first interviewer didn't even seem to realize what type of position they were looking for either. The one semblance of a technical question was very abstract/hypothethical and related more to data science than software engineering.

Interview Questions

• If you had a large number of columns and rows in a data set how would u present this to a client or ur supervisor? (Told me to imagine values for the data set. Didn't give any specifics or labels to identify what sort of data set )   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Round 1 was easy and quick. The format was a simple "online recorded yourself" type of thing. The whole thing took about 30 minutes. They took a little over a month to respond to the interview. Very basic questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume, began with several phone interviews then moved to three in person interviews before being given a verbal offer. The initial interview was with Human Resources, next a intern recruiter, I made the first cut and moved into an interview with a hiring manager.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews : (1) virtual with HR and PMs, (2) onsite with the case study and interviews with Directors. Ask some standard questions: what is your favorite product, how would you improve it etc.

Interview Questions

• Ask one question - describe how would you launch a product to market?   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied to a coffee chat program. after the coffee chat, Cisco followed up with a interview request. I had an interview for the position of a marketing intern. Offers were given after that 1-round of interviews.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Morrisville, NC) in May 2020.

Interview

I went through a recruiter/hiring agency and the process was so quick and easy. My recruiter reached out to me about the job on a Sunday and I had accepted the offer within a week on the following Monday. I had four separate interviews - my supervisor, teammate, project managers, and supervisor’s boss. Everyone was super friendly and easy to talk to with very standard interview and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The only question I couldn’t immediately answer was, “When was the last time you took a risk?”   Answer Question

PSS Interview

Interview

Interviews with hiring manager, teams, peers. Final steps with Regional Management of the AMs to be supported. One of the hurdles is getting the offer letter approved by HR.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

WebEx Interview - talked about my resume/projects, basic OOP/data structure questions, 2 coding problems, behavioral questions (45mins total). Overall was pretty chill. Interviewer was super nice and suooortive throughout process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Behavioral and technical interview online, followed by on-site interview.
    I applied using University career page, and the first on-campus interview was arranged by my University. After the first screening, there were three more interviews before the final offer - the Cisco Response was quick.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and questions on basic networking / CCNA   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was straight forward and typical interview questions. I had problems with WebEx but other than that, I had a great interview. The interviewer was friendly and I had a good look into the position and responsibilities.