Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017
2,805 Interview Reviews

Intern Interview

Interview

interview was not too bad, mostly asked fit questions to see if you can hold conversation and see if you would work well in Cisco environment. very reasonable interview for summer internship

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Sent resume directly to hiring manager, who responded and called me for a phone interview., followed by on-site interviews with hiring manager, HR recruiter, and two team members. The whole process took about two weeks.

HRUP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Two interviews (one in person, one via WebEx). The first was a recruiter at my university, then they scheduled a follow-up about two weeks later with managers of the HRUP program via WebEx.

Interview Questions

• In my second interview, I was asked how the future of work relates to Cisco and the challenges of working remotely (which I had no experience with at the time)   Answer Question

Product/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with agency, then told there'd be an interview with hiring manager, then final interview with potential stakeholders/coworkers.
    First interview with agency went great. Told I was perfect for the role. Booked next interview with hiring manager on Friday for following Tuesday. Manager accepted/confirmed.
    Manager re-confirmed with agency on Tuesday morning. 20 minutes after the confirmation I get another note from the agency stating that the interview was cancelled because the hiring manager hired someone else thru another agency. Nothing more.
    This sounded odd because I'd been told by multiple sources that the manager was loyal to this agency. Also, why would one confirm only to cancel 20 minutes later? Did he really hire someone without doing all the interviews he'd already confirmed or was the agency less than truthful? Either way, this screams of unprofessionalism either by the Cisco hiring manager or the Cisco preferred agency.

Interview Questions

• Will I take some things off my functional resume because I had more than just what the contract asked for?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

it was a very very easy process and there were no trick questions and i really liked the crew and managers and the boss. the work didnt seem hard or too exhaausting

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the interview 2 months back and one day out of blue, I got an email that we have scheduled an interview with one of the technical lead with 2 options. Please provide your availibility. I responded by saying No to both the times and asked to reschedule as I have my Production planned on same day. Changed the timing last minute and gave a timing of 2 pm EST. Interviewer calls me 2 hrs before and tell me I might have confused with the timing (even though I have email). Anyway, interview went well and he told me that wait for the next steps. I am still waiting ..... 1 months. I know I am not a snowflake or Ex-googler but if I spend 1 hr on the interview, company HR should respond with atleast a response (if not a detailed feedback). Pathetic process. Wouldn't apply or entertain call from Cisco anymore.

Interview Questions

• Microservices and Rest API. Very generic technical interview   Answer Question

Software Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the hiring manager as well as a senior software engineer. I was referred to the manager as a potential employee, so I think my interview was a little less strenuous than others.

Interview Questions

• What unix command would you use to view the files in a directory which were last changed?   2 Answers

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

After two rounds of phone interviews, I was invited for an on-site interview. I felt they were very unprofessional about the interviews, one designer kept asking me if I created the icons in my portfolio.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Cisco came to my univsersity's career fair and I talked to one of the recruiters. Apparently I got his attention and when I was leaving the career fair, they called me to schedule for an interview the next day. The interview was about 30 minutes long and we mostly talked about my background and my resume.

Security Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reviewed my profile and submitted my resume after preliminary screening. Two WebEx interviews were scheduled with the Cisco reps but since I was not selected after the first interview, the second one was canceled.

Interview Questions

• What are the authentication types? What is the sequence of operation for guest user trying to join a Cisco ICE 2.0 managed wireless network?   Answer Question
    • Which component of the wireless network is responsible for authentication?   Answer Question