Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2018
3,110 Interview Reviews

Interview

Setup an interview after interacting at a career fair. One-on-one interview with an engineer. It was not too formal. Not too technical in terms of low-level details. Felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Took about 3 months; Recruiter phone screening; a few weeks later Wednesday on campus assessment center - describe your past work experience and why you want this position - simulate cold calling via WebEx video conference - meet with 3 managers and make them like you - third follow up offer extended

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening and another phone interview. I was then invited to interview onsite with 4 individuals from the company (mostly over Webex). The last round was a presentation in front of the CSM team.

Interview Questions

• Give us examples of a negative/positive client engagement and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

not that hard, basic behavioral questions. mostly looking for a fit with the team. Interviewed with mutiple people that I never really interacted with again. Kind of a formality and not the best process

Interview Questions

• Overall technology understanding, product knowledge and sales process   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was long time ago. Wouldn't apply any longer. It was an average interview. Mostly around coding and the work I had done before. Operating System, Networking, Device Drivers, technology, testing etc etc.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. asked questions about projects and some behavioral questions. There were 2 rounds, both through cisco's video conference software. First one with a manager, next one with 2 team members

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied internally because I was a Cisco contractor. I had one phone screen with the recruiter, and then a 3.5-hour onsite interview the following week.

First was a 1 hour portfolio review with a panel of 5 people. I was told to prepare 2 to 3 projects to present, but only ended up getting through 1 and a half (I was told later that I should have managed the time better).

After that, there was a 1 hour design challenge. The prompt was: "Design a table that can show 1,000 parent devices. Each parent device could have up to 1,000 children devices. Design the table so you can sort and edit each row, and find information for both parent and child devices. Spend 45 minutes designing and 15 minutes presenting your work."

I chose to talk out loud and involve the two interviewers in my conceptualization and wireframing, so I didn't need the last 15 minutes to present. I much preferred this because it's easier to show how your brain processes through problems as you're doing it. Also it seems awkward to me to sit quietly by yourself for 45 minutes while the interviewers are sitting in the room staring at you...

Finally I had three 30-minute 1:1 interviews and I was told they would make a hiring decision by the end of the week. I didn't hear back at the end of the week, so I followed up with the recruiter. Didn't get the job, but after some email exchanges with the hiring manager where I addressed some of their concerns (and some words from the director I heard), they reconsidered and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength/weakness?
      What is a time you negotiated your way to the ideal UX solution?
      What do you do when people don’t agree with you?
      Why are you looking for a new job?
      What do you think of networking?
      Why do you like UX?   Answer Question

Security Enablement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over Linkedin. A total of 3 rounds and none of them lasted over 30 minutes. They also asked me to provide a power point presentation on one of the Threat modeling scenarios. I never got a chance to explain that but yet they liked it. When I tried to get in touch after a week I did not any response. A week after they said that the position went on hold.

Interview Questions

• Threat modeling and vulnerability scans   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overall, the interview went fine. I got a call back from a campus event and asked to interview back on campus. Many students were also asked to come back so it was very competitive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

One of the best interview processes I have been a part of in the last year! From application to the first interview to the offer, communication with the recruiter and team have exceeded my expectations. This company makes interviews feel more like a conversation and less like being in front of a firing squad! This should be a standard for how the process should look!

Interview Questions

• What is your superpower? (spin on your greatest strength question)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a choice that ended up being wrong and how you reacted?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in briefing high-level executives?   Answer Question
    • What is your kryptonite? (spin on your greatest weakness question)   Answer Question