Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017
2,554 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. Pretty easy questions were asked to me. Interviewer was knowledgable . 1 Written and 2 Interviews rounds happened. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview had four rounds. First was the resume, second was a telephonic, third a video interview and fourth was onsite.I could not make it to the last round since I had an exam on that day

Interview Questions

• Basics about networking would do good to pass the next levels   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Step 1:
    Create a 2min video about CISCO

Step 2:
    Video conference interview (30min)

Step 3:
    Fly to San Jose

Conceptual exam (10min)

Basic interview questions (20min)

Present about a topic directly related to the company and what it does. They expect specific examples and stats (10min)

Faux-Client role play with a lot of background information about the client's needs (20min)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was interviewed as a new college hire who was about to graduate in a couple of months.

* phone interview for behavioral questions
    * in person review about Java and behavioral questions

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I applied at a career fair while in university and a recruiter contacted me. There was first a phone conversation with recruiter and then three webex interviews before getting an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

3 Phone interviews lasting 30 mins each. I was a college grad so not much technical knowledge needed. Just casual conversation really. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting in regards to asking supply chain/logistics type questions. I think Cisco emphasizes a lot on their core values. Team work, positive attitude...etc! I met with HR, then a manager, then a directer via phone. I was across the country as well and they were very accommodating of my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you solved a problem.

Name a situation where you went above and beyond to help someone.

Name a time when you motivated or came together w/ peers to work as a team!
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Very fast moving process. Interview was over skype and very relaxed. Pretty much only behavior interview question were asked- all pretty standard. Overall, not a very stressful process, but definitely necessary to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends in the Human Resources industry   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Gave my resume to a recruiter on campus. Then got scheduled for an on-campus interview about a few weeks later. The interview was only about 20-30 minutes and it was all behavioral questions and questions about my resume.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I did an onsite interview at my University after attending a career fair. About a month after, I got contacted by a recruiter to do the onsite interview with a Senior Product Engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is the advantage of implementing polymorphism on the user side?   1 Answer