Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
2,685 Interview Reviews

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

They mention their Business what they do/how they do it/and how pass pase they are, how they escalate things,how to minimize time and more productive their WMS,and how accurate their E.R.P(Enterprise Resource Planning)

Interview Questions

• Well, they ask me about my skill, so i have to tell them all my experience on Logistics business,and S.O.P inbound/or outbound/and WMS   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The process was easy and the interview was very informal. I did not have to prepare much because I have been to so many interviews in the past. However, I recommend practicing some of the answers ahead of time so that you can feel comfortable when you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest strength   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call from University Recruiting and had a WebEx interview. It was a 1-hour interview.
    The interview wasn't hard. You need to be confident and not make any simple mistakes. I made a few basic errors.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on the resume in depth with technical questions.
      3 programs.
      1. String related manipulation.
      2. Tree traversal.
      3. Design a bookshelf class structure.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter after a month asking for my availability for interview. Scheduled two video interview via Webex tool. First Interview was a technical round where the interviewer asked me about Natural Language processing since my background was in it. Second was more behavioral type of interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The first round was help on campus. The second round there was a phone interview. The third round had a webcam interview. The fourth round was another webcam interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic coding questions related to data structures as well as theoretical questions about operating systems and computer networks.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was referred by an employer so I was skipped the screening. I cleared till the last round where there were 5 one-on-one sessions on Webex. The 3/5 interviewers were really knowledgeable and conducted professionally. 1 other was involved in his own work and wasn't really paying much attention to what I was answering - atleast he made me feel so. 1 other was particularly adamant and rude. He did not know Python really well though he interviewed me on it. Ex: He did not know there is a for:else in Python. I agree most people dont know. But he clearly denied the fact that it exists. I can recognise when an interviewer does it to test my confidence, it wasnt one of those. When I tried to convince him about it, he muttered 'I dont know what version of Python you are using, I have never seen that... Anyways lets proceed further..'. As expected, I was rejected. Ofcourse, there were some questions I was not able to answer and that might be totally a reason for my reject.

I asked the recruiter for a feedback. The reply was it isn't their company policy to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Explain types of OSPF Updates
      Multilayer switch operation
      FCoE
      1 Answer

Database Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

For contractor role, interviewed first with contract company, then with team I'd be working with. Basic informal Q/A. Second round with teams I'd work with. The hiring manager was most pivotal role. Many questions around relevant experience. Not trick questions.

Interview Questions

• "How would you seek out information to better do your job in such a large compnay?"   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 hour. Explained on what the team does.
    Asked about projects for warmup.
    Stack and heap corruption detection and prevention.

Had bugs in edge cases for the coding. Interviewer didn't seem to be happy with that. Needs flawless code.

Interview Questions

• count number of occurrences in a sorted array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

the interviewer is nice and friendly. First time, they tell me the wrong time so we schedule a second interview. the whole interview is 30mins long. they ask me about some easy questions about network and data structure.

JIRA Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Webex with manager and 2 staff members, it was a very streamlined and get to the point process allowing both sides to get a good idea of what things would be like.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on linux and jira. It was refreshing to have tech questions on the first go instead of the normal HR generic questions that are generally outdated and irrelevant.   1 Answer