Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017
2,750 Interview Reviews

Software Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the hiring manager as well as a senior software engineer. I was referred to the manager as a potential employee, so I think my interview was a little less strenuous than others.

Interview Questions

• What unix command would you use to view the files in a directory which were last changed?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

After two rounds of phone interviews, I was invited for an on-site interview. I felt they were very unprofessional about the interviews, one designer kept asking me if I created the icons in my portfolio.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Cisco came to my univsersity's career fair and I talked to one of the recruiters. Apparently I got his attention and when I was leaving the career fair, they called me to schedule for an interview the next day. The interview was about 30 minutes long and we mostly talked about my background and my resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me through email to set up a WebEx interview. That went well and I had one additional interview over WebEx before receiving the offer through phone that was from the first HR recruiter that contacted me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

Interview

The interview was largely focussed on past projects I had done because I had considerable experience in the area - networking, 802.11, QoS, roaming. Written programming test on data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• What were the cons of the existing QoS framework in 802.11   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recruiter hired us from the college directly.
    Candidates were informed by colleges after the selection process. Candidates were selected based on their prior experiences in related projects, more experience candidates got the preference.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in networking projects ? (This was for an intern)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

There was a phone screen and 3 onsite rounds. All were networking based questions and algorithm based questions. There was one system design problem as well. All standard coding interview problems. The interviewers were very friendly and they also guided in some places where I was stuck with getting the solution.

Interview Questions

• LinkedList, Trees, OS, C built in functions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The interview was through phone with four sessions, 30 minutes each. They had four people trying to assess various capability, including programming skills, communication, and technical/analytical skills.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After I had applied for a position through a former colleague, I was contacted by one of the engineers to set up a phone interview a week later. The interview was conducted via webex.

Interview Questions

• Given an array (unsorted) numbers how would you find every pair of numbers that add up to a given sum?   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very confusing. The hiring manager changed the job description, did not allow the recruiting team to be involved, and would continually misrepresent the position. It appeared only certain H1B candidates would be considered.

Interview Questions

• Please code the Fibonacci sequence such that the number of characters presented was a variable.   1 Answer