Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017
2,774 Interview Reviews

HRUP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Two interviews (one in person, one via WebEx). The first was a recruiter at my university, then they scheduled a follow-up about two weeks later with managers of the HRUP program via WebEx.

Interview Questions

• In my second interview, I was asked how the future of work relates to Cisco and the challenges of working remotely (which I had no experience with at the time)   Answer Question

Product/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with agency, then told there'd be an interview with hiring manager, then final interview with potential stakeholders/coworkers.
    First interview with agency went great. Told I was perfect for the role. Booked next interview with hiring manager on Friday for following Tuesday. Manager accepted/confirmed.
    Manager re-confirmed with agency on Tuesday morning. 20 minutes after the confirmation I get another note from the agency stating that the interview was cancelled because the hiring manager hired someone else thru another agency. Nothing more.
    This sounded odd because I'd been told by multiple sources that the manager was loyal to this agency. Also, why would one confirm only to cancel 20 minutes later? Did he really hire someone without doing all the interviews he'd already confirmed or was the agency less than truthful? Either way, this screams of unprofessionalism either by the Cisco hiring manager or the Cisco preferred agency.

Interview Questions

• Will I take some things off my functional resume because I had more than just what the contract asked for?   Answer Question

Software Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the hiring manager as well as a senior software engineer. I was referred to the manager as a potential employee, so I think my interview was a little less strenuous than others.

Interview Questions

• What unix command would you use to view the files in a directory which were last changed?   2 Answers

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

After two rounds of phone interviews, I was invited for an on-site interview. I felt they were very unprofessional about the interviews, one designer kept asking me if I created the icons in my portfolio.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Cisco came to my univsersity's career fair and I talked to one of the recruiters. Apparently I got his attention and when I was leaving the career fair, they called me to schedule for an interview the next day. The interview was about 30 minutes long and we mostly talked about my background and my resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me through email to set up a WebEx interview. That went well and I had one additional interview over WebEx before receiving the offer through phone that was from the first HR recruiter that contacted me.

Security Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reviewed my profile and submitted my resume after preliminary screening. Two WebEx interviews were scheduled with the Cisco reps but since I was not selected after the first interview, the second one was canceled.

Interview Questions

• What are the authentication types? What is the sequence of operation for guest user trying to join a Cisco ICE 2.0 managed wireless network?   Answer Question
    • Which component of the wireless network is responsible for authentication?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

Interview

The interview was largely focussed on past projects I had done because I had considerable experience in the area - networking, 802.11, QoS, roaming. Written programming test on data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• What were the cons of the existing QoS framework in 802.11   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recruiter hired us from the college directly.
    Candidates were informed by colleges after the selection process. Candidates were selected based on their prior experiences in related projects, more experience candidates got the preference.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience in networking projects ? (This was for an intern)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

Interview

There was a phone screen and 3 onsite rounds. All were networking based questions and algorithm based questions. There was one system design problem as well. All standard coding interview problems. The interviewers were very friendly and they also guided in some places where I was stuck with getting the solution.

Interview Questions

• LinkedList, Trees, OS, C built in functions   1 Answer