Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2018
3,083 Interview Reviews

Product Manager Interview

Interview

not that hard, basic behavioral questions. mostly looking for a fit with the team. Interviewed with mutiple people that I never really interacted with again. Kind of a formality and not the best process

Interview Questions

• Overall technology understanding, product knowledge and sales process   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was long time ago. Wouldn't apply any longer. It was an average interview. Mostly around coding and the work I had done before. Operating System, Networking, Device Drivers, technology, testing etc etc.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward. asked questions about projects and some behavioral questions. There were 2 rounds, both through cisco's video conference software. First one with a manager, next one with 2 team members

Security Enablement Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me over Linkedin. A total of 3 rounds and none of them lasted over 30 minutes. They also asked me to provide a power point presentation on one of the Threat modeling scenarios. I never got a chance to explain that but yet they liked it. When I tried to get in touch after a week I did not any response. A week after they said that the position went on hold.

Interview Questions

• Threat modeling and vulnerability scans   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overall, the interview went fine. I got a call back from a campus event and asked to interview back on campus. Many students were also asked to come back so it was very competitive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

One of the best interview processes I have been a part of in the last year! From application to the first interview to the offer, communication with the recruiter and team have exceeded my expectations. This company makes interviews feel more like a conversation and less like being in front of a firing squad! This should be a standard for how the process should look!

Interview Questions

• What is your superpower? (spin on your greatest strength question)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a choice that ended up being wrong and how you reacted?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience in briefing high-level executives?   Answer Question
    • What is your kryptonite? (spin on your greatest weakness question)   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Well put together process, had to follow up multiple times to get an interview date. Two online interviews followed by a day of interviews on the Cisco campus. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Spoke with recruiters during college career fair. Heard back with invitation for WebEx interview a few weeks later, had the interview another week later with veteran Cisco engineer. Interview was conducted over WebEx where I shared my screen. Had trouble hearing the interviewer clearly. Interviewer was friendly, answered questions about his work and experience with Cisco.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was on webex. First we talked about the resume, which focused on the details of projects, and then we shared screen using txt to do an easy coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Delete and insert node with certain value in a LinkedList.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

7 runs onsite interview, there is one interviewer coding question I can not answer, I no idea in that time. Other 6 coding questions is OK. Manager is very nice but Engineer not very nice.