Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018
2,999 Interview Reviews

HRUP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2-round interviews via WebEx. One behavioral interview. The other one included 2 case questions, more behavioral questions and questions regarding interest in Cisco and the role. Interviewers were super friendly and there was always a point of contact to help you with any questions regarding the process.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through college recruitment. First there was a writting exam of techinal terms and a small interview of 15 minutes. One month later I had two assessment days where I had more interviews, a laboratory challenge, english exams, chat with managers and senior engineers, and they want to know how do you work in team. The assessment day last 8 hours and food was provided.

Senior BAMF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process involved significant amounts of time drinking beers and enjoying the finer things in life. Everything was going well until Lucas discovered I was not in fact a raaaaaaanger! After that I decided to pursue a career in WalMart greeting.

Interview Questions

• It wasnt really a question but I walked into the interview room and Lucas tab checked me. He then pointed to the door ended said interview.   Answer Question

VSAM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Long process. Group interview with a mock sales call followed by one on one interviews. It was unique as we could have all been hired or none of us could have been hired. The interview for a VSAM at Cisco is for a seat on the "sales bench" for when positions open

Interview Questions

• Tell us about why you're looking to make a move.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process is very smooth and well structured. The first round was on campus, with two interviews back to back, one focusing on PM core skillsets, and another centering on cultural fit. They fly candidates over to San Jose for the final round, with 3 back to back interviews, mostly with PMs.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product, why and how you can improve it?   Answer Question

HRLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus. Purely behavioral questions . Why Cisco? What separates this program from other programs? etc . Asked about fit with culture and examples of past projects

Interview Questions

• How would I contribute to extra curricular activities at Cisco (i.e volunteering etc)   Answer Question

HRLP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2018.

Interview

Apply in Career Website in last Nov and got interview in Jan 2018. There are three rounds . Still in the middle of it . All webex interviews for now

Interview Questions

• Career Aspiration
      biggest mistake
      how to deal with conflicts with team   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Got an on campus interview call via email. Had to choose the slots to take the interview. The interview process was very straight forward. We were scheduled for a 1 to 1 interview with the university Alumni. He first scanned the resume and asked questions from every line. RESUME is the most important.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Totally resume focussed, All projects. Favorite project. How did you achieve code coverage in testing at your workplace ?
      Explain your project. What courses have you opted for ?
      First non repeating character in a string in one pass.   1 Answer

Business Strategy Manager, MBA () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I had two first-round back to back interviews, 45 minutes each. 1/3 of a session was behavioral questions and 2/3 was a case. No technical question asked, cases are more like consulting case interviews with hypothetical situation/problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. I was contacted for an initial phone screen which was followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview had five one-on-one interviews - four of them technical. I was told I will be contacted in a week after getting feedback from all interviewers. Never heard back from them even after multiple follow up attempts. For a company as reputed as Cisco, this behavior is least expected. When a candidate spends more than half a day answering questions, the least that is expected from the company is a timely closure. This happened to me on all three occasions I interviewed with Cisco. They are highly unprofessional and do not value the candidate's time. I would never interview with them again.