Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017
2,654 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The first round was help on campus. The second round there was a phone interview. The third round had a webcam interview. The fourth round was another webcam interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic coding questions related to data structures as well as theoretical questions about operating systems and computer networks.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was referred by an employer so I was skipped the screening. I cleared till the last round where there were 5 one-on-one sessions on Webex. The 3/5 interviewers were really knowledgeable and conducted professionally. 1 other was involved in his own work and wasn't really paying much attention to what I was answering - atleast he made me feel so. 1 other was particularly adamant and rude. He did not know Python really well though he interviewed me on it. Ex: He did not know there is a for:else in Python. I agree most people dont know. But he clearly denied the fact that it exists. I can recognise when an interviewer does it to test my confidence, it wasnt one of those. When I tried to convince him about it, he muttered 'I dont know what version of Python you are using, I have never seen that... Anyways lets proceed further..'. As expected, I was rejected. Ofcourse, there were some questions I was not able to answer and that might be totally a reason for my reject.

I asked the recruiter for a feedback. The reply was it isn't their company policy to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Explain types of OSPF Updates
      Multilayer switch operation
      FCoE
      Answer Question

Database Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

For contractor role, interviewed first with contract company, then with team I'd be working with. Basic informal Q/A. Second round with teams I'd work with. The hiring manager was most pivotal role. Many questions around relevant experience. Not trick questions.

Interview Questions

• "How would you seek out information to better do your job in such a large compnay?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 hour. Explained on what the team does.
    Asked about projects for warmup.
    Stack and heap corruption detection and prevention.

Had bugs in edge cases for the coding. Interviewer didn't seem to be happy with that. Needs flawless code.

JIRA Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Webex with manager and 2 staff members, it was a very streamlined and get to the point process allowing both sides to get a good idea of what things would be like.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on linux and jira. It was refreshing to have tech questions on the first go instead of the normal HR generic questions that are generally outdated and irrelevant.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Spoke to an engineer at a career fair, who pointed me to an engineering manager working the same booth. Had a follow-up on-site interview with the same manager about a week later, and received an offer a few days after that.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2 WebEx Interviews online - none in person which was a bit strange.
    The HR rep and both interviewers were very friendly and helpful! Overall process was very efficient and received an offer shortly after.

Application

Interview

the interviewer is nice and friendly. First time, they tell me the wrong time so we schedule a second interview. the whole interview is 30mins long. they ask me about some easy questions about network and data structure.

HR Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had a very simple 1st round interview (it felt more like a conversation than anything) and a more traditional 2nd round interview. I was then called when they selected me for the position.

Interview Questions

• What were some self driven projects that you worked on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

4-5 technical rounds on phone. Indian rounds are tougher than US interviews. Finally, a managerial round happens and you can get an offer after that. I did not go to HQ till my very first day. everything was done online.