Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,645 Interview Reviews

2,645 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Database Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

For contractor role, interviewed first with contract company, then with team I'd be working with. Basic informal Q/A. Second round with teams I'd work with. The hiring manager was most pivotal role. Many questions around relevant experience. Not trick questions.

Interview Questions

• "How would you seek out information to better do your job in such a large compnay?"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 hour. Explained on what the team does.
    Asked about projects for warmup.
    Stack and heap corruption detection and prevention.

Had bugs in edge cases for the coding. Interviewer didn't seem to be happy with that. Needs flawless code.

JIRA Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Webex with manager and 2 staff members, it was a very streamlined and get to the point process allowing both sides to get a good idea of what things would be like.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on linux and jira. It was refreshing to have tech questions on the first go instead of the normal HR generic questions that are generally outdated and irrelevant.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Spoke to an engineer at a career fair, who pointed me to an engineering manager working the same booth. Had a follow-up on-site interview with the same manager about a week later, and received an offer a few days after that.

Application

Interview

the interviewer is nice and friendly. First time, they tell me the wrong time so we schedule a second interview. the whole interview is 30mins long. they ask me about some easy questions about network and data structure.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2 WebEx Interviews online - none in person which was a bit strange.
    The HR rep and both interviewers were very friendly and helpful! Overall process was very efficient and received an offer shortly after.

HR Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had a very simple 1st round interview (it felt more like a conversation than anything) and a more traditional 2nd round interview. I was then called when they selected me for the position.

Interview Questions

• What were some self driven projects that you worked on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

4-5 technical rounds on phone. Indian rounds are tougher than US interviews. Finally, a managerial round happens and you can get an offer after that. I did not go to HQ till my very first day. everything was done online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got through two rounds. The first one was a simple phone interview where we went over my resume and was asked a simple circuits question. The second round was at Cisco in San Fransisco. It was a two part interview where I first talked to an engineer who asked me simple whiteboard questions. The second part was more managerial where a manager told me more about what they do there and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Write a class of Shape with sub classes of Triangle, Square, and Rectangle. Write functions for these shapes such as set color, get color, get sides, set sides.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Everyone that I spoke with at the company was very friendly. They were looking for people who have strong leadership and communication skills in addition to tech knowledge. Be ready to talk about anything on your resume, and include projects.