Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018
2,967 Interview Reviews

2,967 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process is very smooth and well structured. The first round was on campus, with two interviews back to back, one focusing on PM core skillsets, and another centering on cultural fit. They fly candidates over to San Jose for the final round, with 3 back to back interviews, mostly with PMs.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product, why and how you can improve it?   Answer Question

HRLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus. Purely behavioral questions . Why Cisco? What separates this program from other programs? etc . Asked about fit with culture and examples of past projects

Interview Questions

• How would I contribute to extra curricular activities at Cisco (i.e volunteering etc)   Answer Question

Dev Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

1+ hour call while I was on vacation but it seemed worth it. Interviewer ghosted me after an extensive interview and email followup. Never responded to inquiries as to whether the job was filled or not.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Not applicable. There was no interview for this role as I joined Cisco via acquisition. The company I was working at was acquired by Cisco. The hiring and interview process at Cisco varies by team/business unit.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied during campus career fair, got the interview opportunity there. The interview was scheduled 2 days after the career fair. Each person has 30 minutes. Interview questions are all about resume and past experiences. Got an email one week later to ask me to wait for a final decision. Told me I was not selected 3 months later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Started at university career fair. First round interview with hiring manager. Then second round with multiple hiring managers followed by an offer. Relatively easy no technical questions. The whole interview was about a personality fit because it was a supply chain job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had conflict with someone else on a project   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I interned for Cisco during the summer of 2017. I applied for a full time position for this role back in June 2017. I heard back about my application at the end of September and was invited for a Cisco Day; this took place at the end of October. I think there were around 25 candidates. We were split into groups of 4. We were given an overview of the company and the roles we were interviewing for as well. There are three rounds of interviews: behavioral, presentation and technical.

-Behavioral

Meet with a manager and basically asks the "tell me about yourself" question. Asks about hobbies and why you would like to work for Cisco.

-Presentation

You need to choose a topic to present on prior to coming to the Cisco Day. You are given a list of available topics. Try to keep the presentation slides to a minimum and choose your words wisely since most Cisco interviewers do not want to just read off of the power point. This interviews evaluates your public speaking and presentation skills.

-Technical

You are given different scenarios in which you need to troubleshoot the network topology and come up with a solution. I had 6 different scenarios. Make sure you know your CCNA fundamentals. Out of all the interviews this was the most difficult and only interview in which two engineers interviewed me at the same time.

The Network Engineer position has two roles:

Network Consulting Engineer
    Customer Support Engineer

Depending on your preference and experience, you would be assigned accordingly.

Interview Questions

• I think all the questions were fair.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted a month later. I was asked to schedule an interview. The interview was conducted through WebEx, and lasted for about 30 minutes and it involved both behavioral and technical questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First there is a phone screen where the hiring manager goes over some basic networking questions. If selected for onsite it will be a full day interview . Totally 6 rounds and each round for about 45 mins - 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Entry level expectations are CCNA specific questions and some scripting,coding questions. Higher levels will be based on what is mentioned in the Resume and the Job description.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process was one in person interview and about 4 phone interviews. The in person interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. It was informal and laidback. They asked about background knowledge and some behavioral questions. Past this round one of the phone interviews was technical.

Interview Questions

• When you type into your browser www.cnn.com and click go describe what happens in the background to load the webpage.   Answer Question