Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017
2,936 Interview Reviews

2,936 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Started at university career fair. First round interview with hiring manager. Then second round with multiple hiring managers followed by an offer. Relatively easy no technical questions. The whole interview was about a personality fit because it was a supply chain job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had conflict with someone else on a project   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied during campus career fair, got the interview opportunity there. The interview was scheduled 2 days after the career fair. Each person has 30 minutes. Interview questions are all about resume and past experiences. Got an email one week later to ask me to wait for a final decision. Told me I was not selected 3 months later.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I interned for Cisco during the summer of 2017. I applied for a full time position for this role back in June 2017. I heard back about my application at the end of September and was invited for a Cisco Day; this took place at the end of October. I think there were around 25 candidates. We were split into groups of 4. We were given an overview of the company and the roles we were interviewing for as well. There are three rounds of interviews: behavioral, presentation and technical.

-Behavioral

Meet with a manager and basically asks the "tell me about yourself" question. Asks about hobbies and why you would like to work for Cisco.

-Presentation

You need to choose a topic to present on prior to coming to the Cisco Day. You are given a list of available topics. Try to keep the presentation slides to a minimum and choose your words wisely since most Cisco interviewers do not want to just read off of the power point. This interviews evaluates your public speaking and presentation skills.

-Technical

You are given different scenarios in which you need to troubleshoot the network topology and come up with a solution. I had 6 different scenarios. Make sure you know your CCNA fundamentals. Out of all the interviews this was the most difficult and only interview in which two engineers interviewed me at the same time.

The Network Engineer position has two roles:

Network Consulting Engineer
    Customer Support Engineer

Depending on your preference and experience, you would be assigned accordingly.

Interview Questions

• I think all the questions were fair.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted a month later. I was asked to schedule an interview. The interview was conducted through WebEx, and lasted for about 30 minutes and it involved both behavioral and technical questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First there is a phone screen where the hiring manager goes over some basic networking questions. If selected for onsite it will be a full day interview . Totally 6 rounds and each round for about 45 mins - 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Entry level expectations are CCNA specific questions and some scripting,coding questions. Higher levels will be based on what is mentioned in the Resume and the Job description.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process was one in person interview and about 4 phone interviews. The in person interview was with a hiring manager and an engineer. It was informal and laidback. They asked about background knowledge and some behavioral questions. Past this round one of the phone interviews was technical.

Interview Questions

• When you type into your browser www.cnn.com and click go describe what happens in the background to load the webpage.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The process took a month from the day of the career fair to the offer being given. The first round was one on one and the second round was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a customer.
      What do you know about Cisco?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Program Manager who conducts work associated with the position advertised. Follow-on interview (if chosen) will be face-to-face with hiring manager. Took one week to set the phone interview, should be another week or two for the FTF, then one to two more for decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you needed to be agile in your prioritizing and workload management?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2017.

Interview

I applied with the help of my uncle who works there through a university recruiter. Then I had a Skype interview and was told if I was chosen to go further they would have me do a second round interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for Software Engineer - Masters position online and received an invitation for an online WebEx video interview after about 3 weeks. The interview ended up being audio only. The interviewer started off with a resume review followed by a coding question and an algorithm. He saw that most of my projects were in Python so he asked me to code in Python.

I felt that the main question he asked was a bit weird and could not gauge what he exactly expected. When i could not answer it completely, I was not satisfied with his answer and explanation. Received a reject after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about one of your projects

Q: Tell me about your internship

Q: What have you done in your Master's so far?

Q: What is your area of interest & why?

Q: Your are given 2 files. One with a list of keywords and the other with text. Count the occurrences of the keywords in the other text file. The other text file is extremely large, so how would you go about doing this?

Q: Merge sort   Answer Question