Cisco Systems Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

Cisco Systems Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met a recruiter at a college career fair and had an interview set for three days later. 1 hour long, mix of behavioral and technical. No coding questions, just questions about programming concepts.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? Abstract classes/interfaces? Overriding vs. overloading?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Berkeley, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Got the interview in school career fair. It was a 45 mins of on site interview. Was asked to solve 2 questions -- one is BST vs BT, another is related to linked list. I got first one kinda wrong and corrected it with his hint. I could not finish writing 2nd one due to time limit, though I knew the solution and explained my approach. Surprised that I was not asked to introduce myself or talk about my projects. Do your leetcode and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (West Lafayette, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

I met the company recruiters at a career fair on campus. I was asked some basic questions about data structures by an engineer there and then signed up for an interview for later that week.

The on-campus interview consisted of some behavioral questions and two simple technical questions I had to code on a whiteboard. Two weeks after that interview I was sent an offer.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with one of the senior employees, not for the team I was interviewing for. We talked about my past experience, my career goals, what I saw myself doing at Cisco and why I was pursuing a career in technology. Very behavioral, nothing technical. I got an invite for a phone/video interview with the hiring manager for my team. This was a little more focused on what skills I possessed and what the project was focused on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last project you worked on.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Setup an interview after interacting at a career fair. One-on-one interview with an engineer. It was not too formal. Not too technical in terms of low-level details. Felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus (UCSD), they got back to me relatively quickly at first but then took forever to reject me (about 9 months), I thought this was very unprofessional. The recruiters were very nice.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me about my projects in depth.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with phone screening followed by a one on one with my Manager. The interview was very easy. Entire process was completed in 4 days. Questions were asked from Data structures, Networking, Object oriented concepts.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked from Data structures, Networking, Object oriented concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Spoke with recruiters during college career fair. Heard back with invitation for WebEx interview a few weeks later, had the interview another week later with veteran Cisco engineer. Interview was conducted over WebEx where I shared my screen. Had trouble hearing the interviewer clearly. Interviewer was friendly, answered questions about his work and experience with Cisco.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Behavioral questions and verbal algorithmic questions with an engineer. Was also asked some creative questions. Also asked one coding challenge. Algorithmic questions were stuff to do with graphs and hashing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I was invited to an interview after talking to someone at the career fair at my school. The interview was the next day. The interviewer only asked technical questions, no behavioral. It was an engineer interviewing me.