Cisco Systems College Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

College Intern Tech Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Amherst, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I sent an email to a college recruiter (they came to my school at the career fair) asking for a chance to land an interview and I expressed how badly I wanted to work for Cisco. I got called a couple of days later and they set up an interview via webchat right away. I did my research on the interviewer, all my school projects I wanted to talk about etc... I didn't nail every interview question about Java (I applied for a software position) but I tried talking about my interest in the product he helped develop the UMI. He was impressed in my interest and initiative.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult was when he asked me if there was any part of my school projects that really tripped me up. When I confessed of a problem I had he asked me to explain what the problem was and then the solution and what I did to fix it. He expected that I learned everything about the problem in order to overcome it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I never tried negotiating. I was pumped I even got an offer!

College Intern - IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial interview was almost all situational/personality type questions, only at end of the interview the were the specific job duties brought up, and the interviewer asked whether they interested me. A month or two later I was asked to submit reference online, who they called and confirmed. When that was completed they sent me a job offer. After accepting I talked to the manager I would be under about the job and my specific duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were on a team and one of your team members wasn't pulling their weight. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

Interview

-Interview with 3 Cisco-Employees after a telephone Interview
    -After introducing myself I was asked why I wanted to join Cisco and what I expect from the Job. Then I was asked to tell my Interviewees why I made certain decisions along my carrer

Interview Questions

• Can you briefly describe the Product Groups in Cisco's Portfolio   1 Answer

College Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1 ( Screening ):-
                        We were sent some projects and asked to write how we approach the project by giving explanation of how it can be implemented and all.

I heard that now written test will be conducted instead of this.

Round 2 ( Technical Round ) :-
                       Basically this was technical round . I was asked about DS, C, Linux & Networking.

DS ( Data Structures) :-

How to remove a node form singly linked list?
                     Hpw stack works , queue works? etc.....
    Linux :-
                      I told the interviewer that I am a Linux guy, so he started asking lots of commands in Linux like

Whats the cmd to see RAM usage? : $top
    Whats the cmd to see last modified file? : $ls -ltr
    Whats the cmd to add user? : $adduser
    ..........

Networking:-
                               He asked OSI layer model 7 Layers was asked and example was asked for each layer.

In session I told half duplex and full duplex . I was asked example.
    Answer : : Half duplex : Walkie talkie. Full Duplex: GSM Mobile

It was asked like " Lets say you have to send a post to your dad in other city . One way is that you get confirmation another you don't get confirmation. Which would you prefer?"

This was asked keeping TCP and UDP in mind is what I felt and answered like it depends on application/purpose of post. If it is critical I would choose confirmation/TCP otherwise UDP.
    ( Interviewer was happy that I could relate things to real world )

Simple Puzzle :-
    X trees Y sheep
    1 sheep per tree leads to 1 extra sheep
    2 sheep per tree leads to 1 extra tree
    X & Y values?
    Round 3 ( HR Round ):-
                     I was asked what are all your great accomplishments in life. Why Cisco ? What if competitor offers you ?

Interview Questions

• More of Electronics and Communications related questions were asked for Computer Science Students as well.
      It is a wrong notion that this company asks lot of networking questions for fresher   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. We were informed about compensation well in hand even before screening and it was quite good above the standard of industry.