Cisco Systems Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017
1,435 Interview Reviews

1,435 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

4-5 technical rounds on phone. Indian rounds are tougher than US interviews. Finally, a managerial round happens and you can get an offer after that. I did not go to HQ till my very first day. everything was done online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got through two rounds. The first one was a simple phone interview where we went over my resume and was asked a simple circuits question. The second round was at Cisco in San Fransisco. It was a two part interview where I first talked to an engineer who asked me simple whiteboard questions. The second part was more managerial where a manager told me more about what they do there and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Write a class of Shape with sub classes of Triangle, Square, and Rectangle. Write functions for these shapes such as set color, get color, get sides, set sides.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Everyone that I spoke with at the company was very friendly. They were looking for people who have strong leadership and communication skills in addition to tech knowledge. Be ready to talk about anything on your resume, and include projects.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I met a recruiter on my campus and they scheduled me for an interview at the end of that same week. My interview was a one on one. I was asked mostly questions about my resume and if the job sounded interesting and if I thought I had the skills they were looking for. I was also asked a few simple technical questions about networking for the interviewer to gauge my skill level. My interviewer helped me through the questions and gave me an example before asking me the more in-depth questions. Still waiting to hear response/decision from Cisco. It's been a week.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I took part in three steps:
    1. Skills quiz with 50 questions which need be solved for 30 minutes. There were 5 different themes in the quiz: Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Logical
    2. Phone interview. Questions about my experience and some general questions about technologies like "what are benefits of using DI?".
    3. Face to face interview with three people. I was asked about understanding different technologies, drawing on the board a scheme of a simple web service.

Interview Questions

• What is docker and how do you understand it? What are the benefits of using docker?   Answer Question
    • How React virtual DOM is redrawn?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. Pretty easy questions were asked to me. Interviewer was knowledgable . 1 Written and 2 Interviews rounds happened. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview had four rounds. First was the resume, second was a telephonic, third a video interview and fourth was onsite.I could not make it to the last round since I had an exam on that day

Interview Questions

• Basics about networking would do good to pass the next levels   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was interviewed as a new college hire who was about to graduate in a couple of months.

* phone interview for behavioral questions
    * in person review about Java and behavioral questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 telephonic rounds.
    1. Round 1 consisted of talking to the manager of the team. They checked if I was a good fit for this role. Asked me about my projects. Resolved any queries I had
    2. Round 2 was a technical round.

Interview Questions

• Given a number z, find a pair of (x,y) in the array which sum up to z. The most efficient way. Code it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question