Cisco Systems Manager of Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Going through the motions... if they already have an internal candidate, they have to interview 3 people for legal process. LOTS of work and build up when the hiring manager already knows you are not the one. Usually the actual manager will not even do an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I submitted my resume online through Cisco's job portal and was contacted by an internal recruiter within 2 weeks. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who explained the position and the requirements of the role. I met with the manager that week (I've heard this was quicker than normal) and two days later, met with two other senior directors. I was offered the position the following day (again, I heard this was quicker than usual).

Interview Questions

• What do I see as the most important changes in the Cloud and Managed Services Industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate and was told I was already offered over the salary range.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

open, honest conversation about you, your history, goals and drive. Then they focus on hos that relates to building long term, trusting business relationships. Over all they are well recognized and have a smooth process

Interview Questions

• Work/life based, stress related and a strong focus on long term business relations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate base salary

Interview

Interview was thorough and professional. Got to meet a good mix of people. Co-workers and management from different functional groups. Was able to get a good picture before making decision. Interviewers was very helpful in describing and explaining the role and the company culture. The hiring process was well executed. Ample help from HR and hiring management to navigate through the onboarding process at ease.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected question. Interview questions were job role related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

many interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was disorganized. There seemed to be disagreement in the position responsibilities from those that interviewed me. There was little follow up without my prodding and they seemed disengaged. I got the impression that employees were stressed and unhappy working there. It appeared that there is tons of bureaucracy and no one seemed to know how decisions were made. There was frustration that their opinion did not matter to mgmt. I felt like they thought their upper mgmt should be fired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big success in your career and your specific role in that success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a big failure in your career and your role in that failure? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Employees that i met did not seem happy working there. The bureaucracy looked frustrating and I had much better options for a happy job rather than to take the money (best $$$ offer I received). I figured that I would rather earn less and love my job than to make lots of money and be miserable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I first had phone interview with recruiter, then another phone interview with hiring manager, then I flew out to the company location in Philadelphia and had in person interview with hiring manager and other stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Why you and not someone else for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I would say the process is a little long. Part of it is the tax of a large company where there is a dedicated recruiter for each position and oftentimes, they do not coordinate well with the hiring manager. Cisco was going through a hiring freeze for a while so that made the process start and stop several times. Advice is to get in direct contact with the hiring manager because relying of the recruiter is not the most effective.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you think Cisco should get into and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Limited negotiation (given the economic conditions)... but definitely, everything is up for negotiation.

Sales Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

be yourself motivated to show how experienced you are at the market, connecting ideas with background acquired on the road, showing examples of achievements and a good sense of critic you did the work

Sales Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward stages, expectations of the company were clearly stated. Work to fulfil the criteria and you can succeed. Each hiring manager was very courteous, clear and respectful. You can see that there is a great culture at the company simply from interacting with their hiring staff. They also provided feedback at the end which was reassuring and useful to my own personal development.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The initial offer was appealing, so I did not negotiate further.