Cisco Systems Program Manager Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Intern? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

First contacted via email basically saying their interested to interview me.

Get a call from the GM and we talk for about half an hour or so, basically disclosed that I wanted to get in a more technical/program management position.

Second call was from my manager, basically asked some of my technical knowledge (which was fairly limited), but told him that I'm a quick learner and willing to meet new challenges.

Overall, throughout this entire interview process, they never clearly disclosed the product or group I would be working with or my exact job title. Very disorganized interview process and they didn't even bother checking my references!

Interview Questions

Pay was relatively low, compared to my current internship, and HR was extremely disorganized.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Interview conducted via Video Conference (Cisco Telepresence System). One round.Friendly interviewer, mostly behavioral questions. Slow decision time. Took 2 months to get an offer. Cisco Choice program allows intern to rank his business unit choices where he would like to work and they would try to accommodate that request.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took initiative and went above and beyond the scope of a task.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A