Cisco Systems Senior Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Senior Program Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interviews, 2 rounds of in person interviews, final 2 rounds with hiring manager and 2nd level manager. Phone Rounds with peers, in person with stake holders and their managers. Final round with in person hiring managers manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me some examples of dealing with people that have difficult personalities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Good interview process - thoughtful questions from interviewers - quick follow up from the recruiter. Haven't heard if I'm getting an offer yet, but am hopeful. I have contracted at Cisco before and love working there. The corporate culture, workplace flexibility, and collaboration tools are the best. I really would like to become a FTE at Cisco and get out of the contractor world.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of Cisco's architectures and how they fit into business needs as a whole today?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the hiring manager.
    Follow-up phone interview with the hiring manager's director.
    Awaiting in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do in 3 to 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2009.

Interview

phone screen, 2 on site interviews w/ 3 to 4 people each. Followed by phone offer. Then a couple of days of discussions. Declined offer. The phone screen was from a recruiter - internal. Then a few days later they emailed and wanted to set up a on site interview. It was with three people plus the recruiter/hr person that did the initial screen. Included were the hiring manager, a potential peer, and managers from departments I would interface with. The last interview was with the VP of hardware development, VP of S/W development, and two engineers on the project.

Not as attractive as current job. Security and seniority were a consideration of current job. Also I value the current relationships. I'd have to go in and 'prove' myself all over again for a job that was not a step up from my current job.

Senior Manufacturing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2007.

Interview

They were very intelligent and asked very good questions. The questions were very probing and required very strong responses. The questions ranged from how I delt with a situation and my understanding of business management. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to review a part of a presentation and tell them what I the message was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Cisco pays fair salaries so it was not an issue.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2011.

Interview

1. Phone screenby recruiter
    2. Phone interview with the hiringmanager
    3. In person interview for a day

Some people in the in person interview were positive about the position and really patient and willing ot learn my backgroud - some were just wanting to get it over with.

Interview Questions

• How will you resolve a conflict between 2 senior director who are stack holders for yout porgram   Answer Question

Got a better offer from another company

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview

Internal interview process is handled efficiently. Past experience and samples of work were requested. The usual preparation needed for any interview can be applied for Cisco as well. Make sure your references are accurate. Written tests are mandatory in some teams and positions. Come prepared with domain knowledge and sample work.

Interview Questions

• What is the USP I bring to the team?   1 Answer