Cisco Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.6

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

one telephone interview for about 45 - 50 minutes. The interviewer was nice and gave enough time to think of answers. My manager followed up with me after a week and told me i got the internship.

Interview Questions

• 1. OS Concepts - fork(), race condition, mutex, demand-paging
      2. Data Structures - trees, linked lists, circular linked lists,
      3. Algorithms - Tree traversal(pre- ,in- ,post- ), swapping two numbers without using a temp variable   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via our college career portal and was called for webex interviews within a month or so. The length of the interviews were 45 minutes. There was mainly technical questions involved and nothing about my past experience or projects were asked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions on
      1. Routing protocols such eigrp ospf and bgp.
      2. Spanning tree protocols and about trunk port modes etc
      3. Basic questions about subnetting and asked few problems on the same.
      4. Asked to write code on how to ssh into a cisco IOS router and extract whether an interface is up or down using any coding language of choice
      5. Asked to write code on how to keep track of the number of distinct words and a count of the same from a file.
      6. Debugging how a neighbouring router/switch port is alive or dead
      6. Basic questions on Operating systems concepts and linked lists.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (La Mesa, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

nice not stressful relaxed .it was just question about my resume and some behavioral question. just be yourself know your resume and you ll be fine .the recruter was from INDIA he was nice ask me question and told me they will let me know whether or not they want to keep me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Software Engineering I Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied through school, accepted for a first round interview. Interview was mostly behavioral questions and questions about projects I had done with a few simpler math questions. Overall nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

Interview

They had come to our college career fair. Asked a few basic questions on the spot about arrays, linked list and pointers and collected my resume. Called me for a 1:1 interview the next week. 2 senior engineers took my interview. The interview was mostly focused on my resume and current subjects. No coding questions. Only conceptual ones. Finally they asked me which language I was comfortable with and what kind of work was I looking for. I was informed about the decision almost a month later and I was given the location of my choice.

The pay was less.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the recruiter via career fair at my university. I was called shortly after to sign up for interviews on my university campus. The interview was very easy, and I was offered the job a week or two later. There was no on site interview, which was strange to me. Everything went very smoothly and the recruiter was very receptive and timely on answering emails.

Interview Questions

• Given a limited amount of RAM, how would you sort an entire disks worth of data?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

They were at our job fair at my school and took interviews the next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked how to traverse a linked list, how to delete and add a node, and complexities of a linked list. Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Applied in College Job fair. Contact me after 3 weeks. In person interview where they asked about my previous experience and some design problems. They were very cordial and very friendly.
    The interviewer asked me about the technologies which I used during my previous employment and my current on going projects.
    They are very accommodating about the location you want to be posted.

Software Engineer II Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2014.

Interview

The whole process was about 40 minutes on campus. Questions were all about network.
    1. How to check the network? command like ping, trace route, tcpdump.
    2. Given mask code to calculate feasible IPs.
    3. Some easy coding problems. (sort, string reverse)

Interview Questions

• Given mask code to calculate feasible IPs. Thought about a while.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Intern Interview

Interview

met a recruiter at university career fair, was told to apply online as well. was contacted online to interview about 2-3 weeks later. interview was about 30 minutes, but interviewer had a heavy accent so it didn't go that well.

Interview Questions

• given an array of unknown # of elements where some elements repeat, how do you find which element repeats the most the most efficiently?   Answer Question