Cisco Systems Tac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Firepower TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Lots of questions about networking and Linux. Read through a Net+ cert book if you can and study basic Linux command line functionality. Plan on being there for a few hours. Be familiar with the Sourcefire background including Marty Roesch.

TAC Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Several Interview Rounds. One with Hiring Manager and other with technical team members. Expectation was clearly way higher from some team members. I have in TAC at previously so already knew some folks. In my case as far as I know that job was filled with an internal candidate so my interview may have been just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Why Cisco? What happens when switch Boots? (Please remember to mention the power light turns on and its color :) That was most important thing I missed as per the interviewee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Remote, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

The whole interview touk about 4h with four different people sequently ( 1h with every one) , mixed tech , HR & management questions. Overally very impressive. Most of people you will work with later whn they hire you.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain what HSRP is?   1 Answer
    • Q: Explain how you can see what port your locall linux system is using to connect to remote host?   1 Answer
    • Q: Explain the process of linux OS booting?   1 Answer

TAC At Cisco Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied for this position online and got contacted the next day by a recruiter at Cisco.
    Started with a prescreen phone interview for 10 mins (nothing technical) why-do-you-want-to-work-for-Cisco type of question. and some info about myself.
    Two days later had a technical phone interview, with a friendly engineer; the following week had an onsite interview via Teleconference since I am in the East Coast and the position is in San Jose, CA.
    Prepare to get technical with troubleshooting questions, etc.... scenario based questions and personality questions as well, what-would-you-do-in-this-situation type of questions since this is a customer support role.
    Got my offer letter the next day.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based question when a computer needs to talk to another computer on a different network..... word of advice, know all the fields in the layer 3 packet to answer this question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, all I asked for was a compensation equivalent to the market value since this is my first job

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

includes multistage round

Stage 1-Basic Technical round.
    Stage 2 -Advance Technical round.
    Stage 3-Techno Management round with cross team.
    Stage 4-Managerial round
    Stage 5-Communication round

For Managerial round,be self motivated,decent ,calm and compose and challenger.

Interview Questions

• If you are good with tech stuffs as mentioned in your CV and as per experience.It will be easy to crack.
      For Managerial round,be self motivated,decent ,calm and compose and challenger.

If you are given this(x) opportunity in future,will you be able to take the challenge?
      If you need to learn scripting skills in future.Do you think you can do?   2 Answers

Technical Services (TAC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through University.
    The first round was Online Computer based (C,C++ and Quants).
    First Round:
    Technical (C,C++,OS,Microprocessor related questions).
    Quants and Aptitude (General Quants questions).

The second round was a GD.
    Second Round:
    General Discussion
    Topic - Effect of Diversity in a Company
    Interviewed on 25th May,2016 in Cisco Systems, Bangalore.
    Two Interviews back to back - Technical and HR.

Interview Questions

• First Round:
      Technical (C,C++,OS,Microprocessor related questions).
      Quants and Aptitude (General Quants questions).

Second Round:
      General Discussion
      Topic - Effect of Diversity in a Company

Third Round:
      Technical Interview -
      Asked questions based on your Resume.
      Asked in detail about the Projects, how they were implemented, design procedures, technologies used, and what was my part in the Project.
      He went on to say that TAC was highly customer oriented and tried to put me off by saying that I wasn't meant for this job ( Maybe, the Projects in my Resume tipped him off about my Software Development Skills).
      I handled it by talking about the impact of customer input and satisfaction, and how R&D was meaningless without customer input first.

Fourth Round:
      HR Round
      Tell me about yourself.
      Do you have any questions ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Tac Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Multiple rounds starting from probable peers to director of the business unit. 5 visits.
    Coordination was perfect and email invites were sent beforehand every time.
    Keeping a print-out of invite helps entering past security.
    Professional people who treated me nice and with dignity.
    Had to follow up every time to check the status and only then it was taken to next round of interview
    It is hard to say about the panel's conclusion for each round.
    I was taken up to director's level and it took a week's time to get a rejection thank you email.

Interview Questions

• 0. About current role
      1. Hiring strategy
      2. Communicating a bad news to customer
      3. Something you consider as our failure
      4. Any innovation i last 6 months you did in current employment
      5. Who are stake holders to your ownership
      6. What you know about Cisco
      7. Tough people situation you had to handle in recent past
      8. How you will communicate top employee that he is not getting hike this cycle   1 Answer

Cisco TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through elitmus. The first was a written round with 45 questions, 20 on C,5 on DBMS and 25 on networking one hour. The networking part was pretty difficult, especially because i had not prepared enough as i just had 2 days. About 250 people took this test and roughly 70 people reached the interview stage. My first interviewer was 1:1 and he was friendly and it went smoothly, basic networking questions and some other 'what would you do in this..' type questions. Some guys didnt make it past this round. The last round supposedly was going to be the HR round hence I was a little relaxed but destiny played a cruel trick on me as in the next round i faced two guys who totally grilled me on networking and then it was over.

Interview Questions

• Which are the various protocols in the various layers?
      How would you troubleshoot this(they drew a problem on a paper)   1 Answer
    • why should we hire u   1 Answer

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

very smooth. basic networking questions. technical and HR interview. a weeks preparation should be enough. interview was in banglore. should be thorough in whatever is mentioned in resume. package was very good for freshers.

Cisco TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

i applied through elitmus. initially wrote a technical written test from which the selected candidates were called for direct interviews a week later. the face to face interview consists of two rounds engineer panel and the managerial round. the engineer panel asked everything from my resume. they gave me 2 mins and asked to tell the technical part of me. then they asked basic troubleshooting questions like if u r watching a video in youtube and if the video suddenly stops what all the troubleshooting mechanisms u will do? those who have got through engineer panel will attend the managerial round. in the managerial round some basic personal questions like where did u finsh the college, which is ur hometown etc were asked. then they gave some scenario and asked how could i manage those situations. the engineer panel interview was abt some half an hour and the managerial round was abt 15 mts...they announced the shortlisted candidates after a week.