Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017
2,651 Interview Reviews

SE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

normal interview process 4-5 rounds and it look 2-3 days to complete
    all about algorithms,Data structures,logical and problem solving
    online and phone screen face to face

normal interview process 4-5 rounds and it look 2-3 days to complete
    all about algorithms,Data structures,logical and problem solving
    online and phone screen face to face

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Personal informations and coding minimum

Intern- Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Paris (France)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview took 20 minutes and was in Webex. It was a company called randstadsourceright who did the interview. The interviewer was not kind. They could see me but I could not see them. The interviewer yawn and did sounds of someone who really hate his job.

In the first part, they ask you questions about the company (name of the CSO).... He/she has to note your answers, so they do not really care about what you are saying, they just need to write what they understand. In the second part, you have to write some questions that they ask you. While you are writing, you can hear people laughing or people talking.. It is not very professional.

It is really sad that a company that Cisco use this kind of process for hiring people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

There are 4 types of rounds. Written test, Technical discussion 1, Technical discussion 2, Managerial round.
    1. Written Test includes basic questions on C, DS, Linux IPC, TCP/IP
    2. Tech-1 includes how strong in C, DS. Questions on Linux and networking.(Basic Rounds)
    3. Tech-2 includes same as above but he digs your brain out.
    4. Casual round.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Very long 3 part interview that spans the length of a day. Tests your knowledge and presentations skills. Most of the questions are based off pre determined role plays and articles to research and present on. The aim is for the interviewers to understand how you do in high pressure and sales environments.

Interview Questions

• The role play is by far the most challenging. Having to do lots of research on role play and figuring out what is the best approach is very challenging. Reading the interviewers in the scenario is the best way to excel.   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Step 1:
    Create a 2min video about CISCO

Step 2:
    Video conference interview (30min)

Step 3:
    Fly to San Jose

Conceptual exam (10min)

Basic interview questions (20min)

Present about a topic directly related to the company and what it does. They expect specific examples and stats (10min)

Faux-Client role play with a lot of background information about the client's needs (20min)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, in a week got email and call from TA partner for Cisco. Few basis questions via email related to you work, salary, relocation, etc etc.
    Next round was webex for 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• technical and non-technical questions. Resume based questions.
      Firewall installation, VPN t'shoot, traceroute, IPS.
      2 Answers

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviews were conducted by Interview panel. Very Organized, several rounds and interviewers check thoroughly for senior engineers. Interview was for approx 2 days and 8 rounds. HR rounds are cool and can negotiate on salary.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basically on the C, Hardware, technology domain and on the project itself. So be prepared with everything, including how you did the design for your implementation and how you could have improved it.   1 Answer

ASR Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2016.

Interview

Challenging, 3 rounds of interviews. There's an assessment center which includes a tech quiz, presentation, and role play. Presentation and role play aren't hard, but they're also not easy if you don't prepare for it.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Cairo (Egypt)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took like 5+ months. Phone interview, Online interview, written interview, followed by a video recorded interview, ending with an assessment centre day.
    The process is extremely hectic, very provocative interviewers just doing nothing but making you fail in order to pick those who can survive.

Very competitive environment, they picked only one eventually from more than 2000+ applicants.
    I suggest if you are student, go for it and apply if you are about to graduate. If you are a graduate and you already have a stable job at a good place, do not waste your time because nepotism always has its ways, and they will eventually pick the recommended one from the management.

Interview Questions

• Presentation, without a projector. A mockup interview, along with other Cisco employees. A written assessment and a panel interview with 4 employees.   Answer Question