Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017
2,717 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The first round was help on campus. The second round there was a phone interview. The third round had a webcam interview. The fourth round was another webcam interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic coding questions related to data structures as well as theoretical questions about operating systems and computer networks.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was referred by an employer so I was skipped the screening. I cleared till the last round where there were 5 one-on-one sessions on Webex. The 3/5 interviewers were really knowledgeable and conducted professionally. 1 other was involved in his own work and wasn't really paying much attention to what I was answering - atleast he made me feel so. 1 other was particularly adamant and rude. He did not know Python really well though he interviewed me on it. Ex: He did not know there is a for:else in Python. I agree most people dont know. But he clearly denied the fact that it exists. I can recognise when an interviewer does it to test my confidence, it wasnt one of those. When I tried to convince him about it, he muttered 'I dont know what version of Python you are using, I have never seen that... Anyways lets proceed further..'. As expected, I was rejected. Ofcourse, there were some questions I was not able to answer and that might be totally a reason for my reject.

I asked the recruiter for a feedback. The reply was it isn't their company policy to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Explain types of OSPF Updates
      Multilayer switch operation
      FCoE
      1 Answer

Database Marketing Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

For contractor role, interviewed first with contract company, then with team I'd be working with. Basic informal Q/A. Second round with teams I'd work with. The hiring manager was most pivotal role. Many questions around relevant experience. Not trick questions.

Interview Questions

• "How would you seek out information to better do your job in such a large compnay?"   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 hour. Explained on what the team does.
    Asked about projects for warmup.
    Stack and heap corruption detection and prevention.

Had bugs in edge cases for the coding. Interviewer didn't seem to be happy with that. Needs flawless code.

Interview Questions

• count number of occurrences in a sorted array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

the interviewer is nice and friendly. First time, they tell me the wrong time so we schedule a second interview. the whole interview is 30mins long. they ask me about some easy questions about network and data structure.

JIRA Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Webex with manager and 2 staff members, it was a very streamlined and get to the point process allowing both sides to get a good idea of what things would be like.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on linux and jira. It was refreshing to have tech questions on the first go instead of the normal HR generic questions that are generally outdated and irrelevant.   1 Answer

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Had a Webx session with Technical Leader. Got through the first round. Then had a second round of Webx interview with an engineer which also went well. The third round was a coding exercise in Python. Was able to do this exercise even though I had no prior knowledge or experience with Python.

I guess they were looking at how I would perform given a language I had no prior experience in?

The recruiter went silent after the third round and did not respond to any calls or email checking on the status of my candidacy. So I assume I did not do well in the coding exercise or they were expecting a different approach to the solution.

Interview Questions

• Coding exercise in Python asking to read data from iTunes REST service and save the object in MongoDB.   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Three ladies interviewed me and had some very complex queries which I answered as best as I could, in the end they decided that I was not a fit so was disqualified from the interview process to continue

Interview Questions

• What was one of your best achievements as a Meeting planner   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Spoke to an engineer at a career fair, who pointed me to an engineering manager working the same booth. Had a follow-up on-site interview with the same manager about a week later, and received an offer a few days after that.

Interview Questions

• Determine whether a string is a palindrome   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

2 WebEx Interviews online - none in person which was a bit strange.
    The HR rep and both interviewers were very friendly and helpful! Overall process was very efficient and received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions - Why tech? Why Cisco? Why BD?   1 Answer