Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017
2,750 Interview Reviews

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

They mention their Business what they do/how they do it/and how pass pase they are, how they escalate things,how to minimize time and more productive their WMS,and how accurate their E.R.P(Enterprise Resource Planning)

Interview Questions

• Well, they ask me about my skill, so i have to tell them all my experience on Logistics business,and S.O.P inbound/or outbound/and WMS   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter after a month asking for my availability for interview. Scheduled two video interview via Webex tool. First Interview was a technical round where the interviewer asked me about Natural Language processing since my background was in it. Second was more behavioral type of interview.

Interview Questions

• How to check whether two strings are similar?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The process was easy and the interview was very informal. I did not have to prepare much because I have been to so many interviews in the past. However, I recommend practicing some of the answers ahead of time so that you can feel comfortable when you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest strength   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call from University Recruiting and had a WebEx interview. It was a 1-hour interview.
    The interview wasn't hard. You need to be confident and not make any simple mistakes. I made a few basic errors.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on the resume in depth with technical questions.
      3 programs.
      1. String related manipulation.
      2. Tree traversal.
      3. Design a bookshelf class structure.   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very painful and draining. Team dont know what they want to ask. They were using a print out paper, I am sure they were using Q&A downloaded from google.
    Interviewer was willing to hire me on contract and not on full time payroll and was hinting to use their vendor to join a team,

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS in few words
      Explain difference between RDBMS and non-RDBMS   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online,
    one screening followed by an on-site.
    There were 3 rounds 2 people interviewed in each round.
    The interviewer will go in detail in whatever is there on your resume or whatever you speak.

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Baltimore, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a mail from the hiring manager for phone screening. Scheduled a call after 3-4 days. Phone screen was a basic technical interview covering easy questions related to coding, Linux and networking. After a week the hiring manager confirmed that I cleared the first round and will be moving forward for next rounds. Next round was 5 video interviews back to back. The interviewers were really good. They were friendly and asked standard questions related to Linux internals, Perl/Python coding, Networking etc. The next day only, the HR mailed and later called to confirm my offer. Overall process was quick.

Interview Questions

• How to include a function located in another file or folder?
      Write a code to return sum of two numbers in Perl/Python.
      CPU optimization, multi-processing, computer architecture.
      Describe linux boot process.
      Linux commands top, meminfo, chmod (what does 775 mean) etc.
      IP addressing and assignment.
      Given a router and two hosts, describe the end to end process for ping.
      Difference between router/ switch
      Difference between TCP/UDP
      Difference between SDN and legacy switch
      Topology discovery in OpenFlow   Answer Question

Outcomes Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke to three different team members via video call. They use GoToMeeting for their video interviews. The second person asked the meatiest questions regarding my experience and also explained the context of the role. The last interview was with the hiring manager. That was the most disappointing because she had not spoken with the prior two interviewers and started by asking who I'd spoken with.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The first round was help on campus. The second round there was a phone interview. The third round had a webcam interview. The fourth round was another webcam interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic coding questions related to data structures as well as theoretical questions about operating systems and computer networks.   1 Answer

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was referred by an employer so I was skipped the screening. I cleared till the last round where there were 5 one-on-one sessions on Webex. The 3/5 interviewers were really knowledgeable and conducted professionally. 1 other was involved in his own work and wasn't really paying much attention to what I was answering - atleast he made me feel so. 1 other was particularly adamant and rude. He did not know Python really well though he interviewed me on it. Ex: He did not know there is a for:else in Python. I agree most people dont know. But he clearly denied the fact that it exists. I can recognise when an interviewer does it to test my confidence, it wasnt one of those. When I tried to convince him about it, he muttered 'I dont know what version of Python you are using, I have never seen that... Anyways lets proceed further..'. As expected, I was rejected. Ofcourse, there were some questions I was not able to answer and that might be totally a reason for my reject.

I asked the recruiter for a feedback. The reply was it isn't their company policy to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Explain types of OSPF Updates
      Multilayer switch operation