Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017
2,717 Interview Reviews

HR Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had a very simple 1st round interview (it felt more like a conversation than anything) and a more traditional 2nd round interview. I was then called when they selected me for the position.

Interview Questions

• What were some self driven projects that you worked on?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

4-5 technical rounds on phone. Indian rounds are tougher than US interviews. Finally, a managerial round happens and you can get an offer after that. I did not go to HQ till my very first day. everything was done online.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I met a recruiter on my campus and they scheduled me for an interview at the end of that same week. My interview was a one on one. I was asked mostly questions about my resume and if the job sounded interesting and if I thought I had the skills they were looking for. I was also asked a few simple technical questions about networking for the interviewer to gauge my skill level. My interviewer helped me through the questions and gave me an example before asking me the more in-depth questions. Still waiting to hear response/decision from Cisco. It's been a week.

Interview Questions

• What is an IP address?   3 Answers
    • What is the lowest and highest IP address that could exist on a network, given a specific subnet mask?   Answer Question
    • What is a subnet mask?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got through two rounds. The first one was a simple phone interview where we went over my resume and was asked a simple circuits question. The second round was at Cisco in San Fransisco. It was a two part interview where I first talked to an engineer who asked me simple whiteboard questions. The second part was more managerial where a manager told me more about what they do there and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Write a class of Shape with sub classes of Triangle, Square, and Rectangle. Write functions for these shapes such as set color, get color, get sides, set sides.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Everyone that I spoke with at the company was very friendly. They were looking for people who have strong leadership and communication skills in addition to tech knowledge. Be ready to talk about anything on your resume, and include projects.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

This was just your typical interview for a customer service representative just like any other company. They go over your job experience, job history, skills set you have, career goals, etc

Interview Questions

• There were none , pretty standard questions   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview was mainly behavioral. I applied through on campus career fair. I had to explain the projects that I worked on. They asked a lot of questions on my current courses. After that they asked few conceptual questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the main differences between C++ and Java.   1 Answer

Software Developer II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral. It took an entire month. I had an initial screening with the program manager. Then there were 2 technical interviews, each 45 minutes. After a week was given a verbal offer. After a week, the manager contacted me and said, HR policy to have 4 rounds of technical interview. I took the next set of the technical interview(2 rounds of the technical interview) did well. But manager got back to me and said they are moving with another candidate!

Interview Questions

• Basic screening of the resume.

1. Bit manipulation - Asked to debug a program.
      2. String manipulation - compare two strings using pointers
      3. Linked list - create, add, delete, print recursively

Networking questions on TCP/UDP, spanning tree protocol, VXLAN, routers & bridges
      1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and spoke to a Cisco manager at a Career's Fair at my University. Got an interview scheduled the following week. The interview just some behavioral and technical questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a conflict in you team   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I took part in three steps:
    1. Skills quiz with 50 questions which need be solved for 30 minutes. There were 5 different themes in the quiz: Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Logical
    2. Phone interview. Questions about my experience and some general questions about technologies like "what are benefits of using DI?".
    3. Face to face interview with three people. I was asked about understanding different technologies, drawing on the board a scheme of a simple web service.

Interview Questions

• What is docker and how do you understand it? What are the benefits of using docker?   1 Answer
    • How React virtual DOM is redrawn?   Answer Question