Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017
2,603 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke one on one with technical recruiter at job fair. The person asked about my previous projects on my resume. It was very quick and she just briefly asked me to highlight the technologies I have used at previous companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an onsite at San Jose, 4 rounds interview, talked about the resume, basic questions about OOP concepts, computer networks, data structure, algorithms and some front end stuff. The interviewers are polite and patience. But there's NO feedback after the interview even though it's about a month from then and they do NOT reply the email.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

Applied via my college's career center website. Interview onsite. Still waiting to hear back. I'd advise researching Glassdoor for their technical questions. Know your data structures, like stacks and linked lists. 45 minute technical interview. Still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• A couple of linked list type questions - e.g. how to find the middle element of a linked list in one pass?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with senior manager asking what I know, what I do, with abstract questions. Further asked me why I wanted to do the specific internship despite not having much previous experience (first year). Had a more comfortable time after interviewer asked about specifics in my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you debug (person website project)?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to sit at a computer desk all day typing code?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Was offered interview after visiting career fair. Interview was the same week. Only one or two HR type questions, rest were more technical. uestions ranged from problem solving to knowing terminology. Interviewer was very friendly and I never felt pressured.

Interview Questions

• Find the lowest possible number a times you would need to use a scale to find an outlier (heavier or smaller) in a group of otherwise similar objects   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

3 Phone interviews lasting 30 mins each. I was a college grad so not much technical knowledge needed. Just casual conversation really. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting in regards to asking supply chain/logistics type questions. I think Cisco emphasizes a lot on their core values. Team work, positive attitude...etc! I met with HR, then a manager, then a directer via phone. I was across the country as well and they were very accommodating of my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you solved a problem.

Name a situation where you went above and beyond to help someone.

Name a time when you motivated or came together w/ peers to work as a team!
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Very fast moving process. Interview was over skype and very relaxed. Pretty much only behavior interview question were asked- all pretty standard. Overall, not a very stressful process, but definitely necessary to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends in the Human Resources industry   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Gave my resume to a recruiter on campus. Then got scheduled for an on-campus interview about a few weeks later. The interview was only about 20-30 minutes and it was all behavioral questions and questions about my resume.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I did an onsite interview at my University after attending a career fair. About a month after, I got contacted by a recruiter to do the onsite interview with a Senior Product Engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is the advantage of implementing polymorphism on the user side?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

it was 2 interviews. One with team leader and second with PM. The during if the first interview was ~2 hours. The second is one hour. The interview were very easy. The all process was took 1 month.